VAR (1 Viewer)

stupot07

Exactly. They had multiple replays, how can they get it wrong?

Just shows its the pricks using it who are the issue.
Time and again VAR gets it wrong. That should have been a red card all day long!

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
I bloody hate VAR! It takes away all the "human" aspect of making decisions. Trouble is, it's not a trial - it's here to stay. There will be times when teams will be glad of it (when a decision goes their way) or reject it because of, e.g. a disallowed goal. Can't really win, eh?

Nick

Administrator
I bloody hate VAR! It takes away all the "human" aspect of making decisions. Trouble is, it's not a trial - it's here to stay. There will be times when teams will be glad of it (when a decision goes their way) or reject it because of, e.g. a disallowed goal. Can't really win, eh?

It is still humans making the decisions.

Houchens Head

It is still humans making the decisions.
I know that! What I'm referring to is the ref calling for a decision every bloody time, then saying someone is offside because one of the players bootlaces appeared to trail ahead of a defender! It's pathetic and time wasting!

SkyBlueDom26

I know that! What I'm referring to is the ref calling for a decision every bloody time, then saying someone is offside because one of the players bootlaces appeared to trail ahead of a defender! It's pathetic and time wasting!

Its a waste of time, shite and ruining football!!! I wouldn't even celebrate a goal straight away in the prem because there is every chance ya big toe will be offside

wingy

I'm not sure it is entirely the ref calling on it every time.?

Houchens Head

I'm not sure it is entirely the ref calling on it every time.?
Who else? Surely, it's the ref's decision? Even if he's surrounded by crying footballers, the final decision to use VAR is his. He can always stick to his judgement and say he doesn't require VAR for a particular incident.

Houchens Head

LIVERPOOOOOL!!!!!
The Reds go marching on!

King of the Lesbians

Who else? Surely, it's the ref's decision? Even if he's surrounded by crying footballers, the final decision to use VAR is his. He can always stick to his judgement and say he doesn't require VAR for a particular incident.
I'm not sure it is bud. Don't follow the Premiership that much but I'm sure there have been incidents where play has gone on and the ball is up the other end of the pitch when the VAR peeps alert the ref, play is stopped and dragged back to where VAR spotted an incident the ref didn't see.
The whole thing is a clusterfuck and should be binned...

wingy

I'm not sure it is bud. Don't follow the Premiership that much but I'm sure there have been incidents where play has gone on and the ball is up the other end of the pitch when the VAR peeps alert the ref, play is stopped and dragged back to where VAR spotted an incident the ref didn't see.
The whole thing is a clusterfuck and should be binned...
That's my impression too.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Heard that's there's going to be some conference on where exactly the 'arm' starts in relation to the shoulder/armpit.

Idea popped into my head that shirts should be sleeveless - if the ball hits the shirt not handball, if it doesn't handball. Undershirts can be worn but must be a different colour(s) to the club shirt.

Have considered that players might try and wear oversize shirts that go partway down their arms but the bagginess of them would take away from other aspects like chest control so wouldn't be preferred

fellatio_Martinez

People were complaining of corruption in football and demanding VAR but they didn't realise that decisions are still open to human interpretation and now corruption is more possible than ever.

Apart from that it's also slowing down the game and removing some of the initial buzz of a goal going in because everyone knows it's at the mercy of VAR.

It's absolute tripe.

Users who are viewing this thread