VAR Saturday (1 Viewer)

rob9872

Are you looking forward to it?

Should it be used?

Are we at a disadvantage against teams who are used to it week in week out?

Personally not a fan, but in a competition it should be all or none, not those who have it available and certainly not in the same round as others where it isn't.

Hope we've been well drilled and are prepared for it.

Dickie

It’s been used in our games before. I’m not a fan either especially as the VARs generally seem atrocious.

rob9872

It’s been used in our games before. I’m not a fan either especially as the VARs generally seem atrocious.
When? Not disputing btw just can't remember it before.

Edit- play off final of course doh!

Last edited:

Hobo

Are you looking forward to it?

Should it be used?

Are we at a disadvantage against teams who are used to it week in week out?

Personally not a fan, but in a competition it should be all or none, not those who have it available and certainly not in the same round as others where it isn't.

Hope we've been well drilled and are prepared for it.

I don't see how we are disadvantaged by it?

It's a contrary system blighted by human error, when it was meant to deliver correct decisions, clear and obvious.

It's a failure.

Tommo1993

People are getting really wrapped up in that Mirror article aren’t they? The one about the final dates.

I fear if we lose that the ‘Agenda against CCFC’ brigade will be out in force….

Brylowes

To have different rules in different games in the same competition is a nonsense imho.

Not sure a team that regularly plays games overseen by VAR would gain any real advantage over a team that doesn’t though, they’d all just play their normal game I would think.

rob9872

I don't see how we are disadvantaged by it?
I thought possibly they are more used to it might have a different attitude

It’sabatch87

What i found strange this season is the penalty against us against lesta ie fair tackle and follow through onto the player and exactly the same in the Liverpool v Man City game with VAR and no penalty!!

Nuskyblue

What i found strange this season is the penalty against us against lesta ie fair tackle and follow through onto the player and exactly the same in the Liverpool v Man City game with VAR and no penalty!!
It's completely subjective.

Not definitive one way or the other, not a obvious error so VAR, correctly more often or not keeps it's beak out.

VAR in all reality is probably only required for a handful of decisions each season.

Hertsccfc

I agree here. All games should be equal in a competition. I’d turn it off for cup games bar the final.
There would only be an inequality if it only applied to one side in a game.

There are other things that are different between games including the size of the pitch. Why don't we play every match on the same pitch?

shmmeee

There would only be an inequality if it only applied to one side in a game.

There are other things that are different between games including the size of the pitch. Why don't we play every match on the same pitch?

The same pitch rules apply to all teams?

The inequality exists when not every game in the tournament has the same rules. You aren’t just competing against the team you draw, as all of us who dream about the shit team knocking out Man City for us all know.

Hobo

Because VAR should be used for things like did the ball go out of play. Is it a clear offside (not a hand or a big toe).

A lot of football rules are open to interpretation when it comes to intent, force or aggression.
The refs and experts can't agree from one week to the next. So VAR just exacerbates the situation.

VAR is vastly over rated and over used. It would be interesting if teams could only nominate to use it twice in each game.

Hertsccfc

The same pitch rules apply to all teams?

The inequality exists when not every game in the tournament has the same rules. You aren’t just competing against the team you draw, as all of us who dream about the shit team knocking out Man City for us all know.
They are playing to the same rules. Applying VAR where available just means in theory some matches should have better refereeing decisions. That has no impact on any other match. Taking your argument we would need the same referee to officiate in every tie (and have every tie at the same ground, preferably with similar weather conditions).

shmmeee

They are playing to the same rules. Applying VAR where available just means in theory some matches should have better refereeing decisions. That has no impact on any other match. Taking your argument we would need the same referee to officiate in every tie (and have every tie at the same ground, preferably with similar weather conditions).

They’re not the same rules. There’s a whole room of extra referees.

rob9872

Well if you're going to be pedantic, laws 😉

Frostie

Evidence of accurate decisions disagrees with you.
I agree with you though
That's my point though.

Even if we believe the stats on more accurate decisions, is it worth it for the endless delays, the lack of euphoria & inability to celebrate goals, the undermining of match officials & thus the complete erosion of faith & respect for the referees & governing bodies?

Sky Blue Pete

That's my point though.

Even if we believe the stats on more accurate decisions, is it worth it for the endless delays, the lack of euphoria & inability to celebrate goals, the complete erosion of faith & respect for the referees & governing bodies?
For me no
Stick with evidential not subjective decisions
Goal line touch line and if you can ensure 100% accuracy other things but as we can’t we shouldn’t

Users who are viewing this thread