VAR In Playoffs? (1 Viewer)

no_loyalty

Is VAR used in the playoffs?

The Philosopher

That is nonsense. Nothing gets given in the prem for that sort of thing

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk
My view is that there is a deal less of it in the Prem games I watch.

Yes, there are some VAR inconsistencies about it but the amount that goes on now in the EFL is huge and increasing. It needs sorting somehow.

Just my observation about shirt pulling - I think that some of the more blatant stuff we see will be reduced if a defender knows that a VAR might (and I use the word “might”) give a pen.

As an aside, the handball shout we had yesterday might well have been given to us under VAR.

Last edited:

Frostie

McFadzean was 100% convinced we should have had a penalty for handball yesterday - havent seen it again, but he ran to the ref mid attack

Would be incredibly harsh. Ball hits his arm no question but arms by his side, through a mass of bodies etc. It's a no from me. VAR certainly wouldn't overturn the on field decision either way.

shmmeee

You could see later when Fadz was taking to the ref the ref was saying it had hit him and rolled onto his arm by his side.

Nuskyblue

Would be incredibly harsh. Ball hits his arm no question but arms by his side, through a mass of bodies etc. It's a no from me. VAR certainly wouldn't overturn the on field decision either way.

I think Kelly got one given against him (hit him in the shoulder) at point blank range earlier in the half. The ref seemed to think it hit the boro lad in the guts which it could well have looked like from his angle in real time.

Sky Blue Pete

I think Kelly got one given against him (hit him in the shoulder) at point blank range earlier in the half. The ref seemed to think it hit the boro lad in the guts which it could well have looked like from his angle in real time.
Different in the box

Nuskyblue

Different in the box
Shouldn't be bit is. I guess there is more jeopardy on the decision which plays a part (although I think the ref genuinely didn't think it hit the blokes arm).

IF there was VAR he may have been asked to look at the monitor for that reason... it falls in to the category of "you've seen them given" certainly not cut and dried, it does look like his arm is sticking out a bit but harsh I'd think. It's definitely not clear and obvious IMO

Users who are viewing this thread