Transfer Rumour Van Ewijk - Confirmed (3 Viewers)

junglej13

Even just from the clips of this guy you can see why it would be worth pushing the boat out. Has an end product basically. Wingbacks who score are a rarity in the modern game. You could see him being worth £15m+ after one season.

WestEndAgro

Still not believing this. Seems a huge amount to spend on a wingback.
It's not a huge amount if he's as good as people think.
The best wing backs are valued at huge prices.
Trent Alexander Arnold is valued at over 75 million euros, Reece James not far behind and Andy Robertson similar price.
It's a incredibly pricey market for this position.
Even very ordinary wing backs go for big money.
Birmingham just paid 8 million for Ethan Laird.

SkyBlueSam01

Trent Alexander Arnold is valued at over 75 million euros, Reece James not far behind and Andy Robertson similar price.

I thought they paid about 800k for him??

Think this would be a good signing consideri g how important the position is to us but Id argue the elite level valuations are much lower than the valuations of top players in other positions...

cstring82

Ethan Laird was reported £800k not 8mil but I get what you are saying, if this bloke is a few mil and he’s as good as people say he’ll be our next 20mil sale

Si80

Blues have paid £750k for Laird

Londonccfcfan

Cant see us paying more than what we did for Simms. £3.5M rising to 5 would be max.

Bot being held to ransom. We move on. Either he wants to come to Cov or or not.

Grendel

In todays money we spent £4.3m on Larry Lloyd I think

AFCCOVENTRY

Turner saying he’s available for £4m. Bargain as he will worth £15m easy after a few good seasons with us.

Deity

Cant see us paying more than what we did for Simms. £3.5M rising to 5 would be max.

Bot being held to ransom. We move on. Either he wants to come to Cov or or not.
It’s not about what he wants yet. We haven’t agreed a fee and he’s under contract.

Hertsccfc

I know Kastaneer looked good in one of these, but have to say this guy looks very impressive.

I never understand why some players for some positions, notably strikers cost more. For me it is the quality of the player that is important and spending a lot on a wing back makes as much sense as any other position.

Covcraig@bury

DK get your hands in them deep pockets and sign sign sign , I want this to happen,plus Vente plus McNally . Or am I being greedy 🤔

TomRad85

Forget about Vente. Pretty certain that was a made up rumour with nothing behind it. Think Robins has much better lined up. Someone young and pacey.
Difficult to say how good Vente is and what his potential is tbf. None of us are scouts but on the face of it his stats look decent. Don't think he'll be in the Dutch second division next season.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Londonccfcfan

Jeez alot of salivating on here. Its a massive risk buying unknown quantity for that amount of money. I'm sure the people were raving at the hillsner and Kastaneer videos.

Expensive gamble.

TomRad85

Jeez alot of salivating on here. Its a massive risk buying unknown quantity for that amount of money. I'm sure the people were raving at the hillsner and Kastaneer videos.

Expensive gamble.
Unknown to you doesn't mean unknown to the wider football world. I think we can assume they've done their homework.

SeaSeeEffCee

Expensive gamble.
Hilssner and Kastaneer both came in with very little pedigree. This guy plays for Netherlands U21s at the Euros and was one of the best full backs in the Eredivise last year.

TomRad85

Hilssner and Kastaneer both came in with very little pedigree. This guy plays for Netherlands U21s at the Euros and was one of the best full backs in the Eredivise last year.
But apart from that it's basically the same right?

Winny the Bish

Expensive gamble.
Don’t know if I’d call a Dutch U21 starter who’s been called “one of the best RWB in the Eredivisie” an unknown quantity.

hill83

Expensive gamble.

I think you are mixing up divs on a football forum and a professional scouting team.

Users who are viewing this thread