Van Ewick Injury (1 Viewer)

clint van damme

I’m giving examples of players that were expected to play in a certain role and with a bit of out of the box thinking it turns out they were able to play in a different position and provide help to the team in other ways. I’m sure there’s multiple other examples out there I just don’t have an in-depth knowledge of every football player that’s ever played in the Isthmian league between the years 1927-2023, sorry about that.

Also I don’t understand what you want from our team if you’re complaining about not switching it up, do you actually want us to play the exact formation from the Cardiff game with exactly the same players? If you do then I can’t see how you’re a Cov fan.

Not a cov fan? Fucking hell, you are a pillock!

BlueSkiesForever

Not a cov fan? Fucking hell, you are a pillock!
Look I’m not saying that you aren’t a Cov fan, it’s just a bit of hyperbole, I know we never seem to agree on things but I’m just asking what do you actually expect if we don’t change the formation or change the players for tonight’s game?

The same strategy and performance as the Cardiff game will result in a loss so we have to change it up a bit. I don’t see what people have against, say, moving Saka to a more advanced role and maybe bringing Lati forward to sure up that midfield? They both have the abilities to do that and keeping Saka as RWB cover and Kelly/Eccles as the midfield partnership seems ridiculous after what we saw last game.

clint van damme

Look I’m not saying that you aren’t a Cov fan, it’s just a bit of hyperbole, I know we never seem to agree on things but I’m just asking what do you actually expect if we don’t change the formation or change the players for tonight’s game?

The same strategy and performance as the Cardiff game will result in a loss so we have to change it up a bit. I don’t see what people have against, say, moving Saka to a more advanced role and maybe bringing Lati forward to sure up that midfield? They both have the abilities to do that and keeping Saka as RWB cover and Kelly/Eccles as the midfield partnership seems ridiculous after what we saw last game.

Sakamoto more advanced would be fine.
Throwing random defenders into the middle unless necessary wouldn't.
And you've tried to prove your point by using world class players as examples.

I'll give you a couple of far more relevant examples of recent times,dabo at CB v albinon and Maguire in midfield v Preston, both disastrous.

Edit - it was Wigan not Preston

Last edited:

BlueSkiesForever

Sakamoto more advanced would be fine.
Throwing random defenders into the middle unless necessary wouldn't.
And you've tried to prove your point by using world class players as examples.

I'll give you a couple of far more relevant examples of recent times,dabo at CB v albinon and Maguire in midfield v Preston, both disastrous.

Yeah fair enough, can’t argue with you there, we can make cases for both sides but I’d just say that I think we have more capable and adaptable players than Maguire and Dabo these days, and as Lati has played CDM well before I think he’s able to play defensive midfield for us.
Anyway, I can’t see Robins going for it, probably be a very similar team sheet to last week so all my bickering will probably be in vain 😂

Legia Sky Blue

With Van Ewijk out for a while I guess a back 4 does become more of an option. If so however, then we can't be playing McFadzean, and probably Da Silva too, who are both suited to a 3 at the back/ wing back formation. A back 4 of Lati, Thomas, Kitching and Bidwell is feasible, but I suspect it might take a few more unsuccessful results before MR actually resorts to it.

Evo1883

This simply isn't true , the team at Cardiff played poorly that night , doesn't automatically mean it plays poorly again

The manager will probably look to change it up ofcourse

BlueSkiesForever

This simply isn't true , the team at Cardiff played poorly that night , doesn't automatically mean it plays poorly again

The manager will probably look to change it up ofcourse
I think you’re right in the regard that because we played poorly for one game it doesn’t necessarily mean the system is wrong, it could be we faced an opposition that exploited our system well etc, however I think that for numerous games this season (particularly since Sheaf’s been out) our midfield has been lacking. I personally think the only way to correct that is to either move other players into that midfield or change the formation and go back to the box.

fernandopartridge

I think you’re right in the regard that because we played poorly for one game it doesn’t necessarily mean the system is wrong, it could be we faced an opposition that exploited our system well etc, however I think that for numerous games this season (particularly since Sheaf’s been out) our midfield has been lacking. I personally think the only way to correct that is to either move other players into that midfield or change the formation and go back to the box.
Numerous games since Sheaf has been out. Numerous = 2.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread