Valuable point (1 Viewer)

Otis

I would most certainly have taken that before the game, so I am quite happy.

Especially as it sounds like we were battered at times.

sylus

if you are happy with a point...who am i to argue...me...it was a shit point..we could of easily lost that game.

Sutty

Not a bad result. Sounds like we panicked a bit after they equalised and could have lost, but equally we had a few good chances as well.

As I've said before, it will take a while to shake off last season's away form.

Nick

Administrator
Are people just annoyed about the way we draw where we were battered or just the fact we didn't win?

I personally didn't expect a win but is it a good sign the stats? Last season we drew or lost but if we had more possession it made everything ok?

ggrady

Not the result that's worrying it's the performance. Only listened on the radio but sounded poor. Will take a few weeks to gel give it until the Stevenage game in a few weeks.

Marty

Are people just annoyed about the way we draw where we were battered or just the fact we didn't win?

I personally didn't expect a win but is it a good sign the stats? Last season we drew or lost but if we had more possession it made everything ok?

All the way we went about it, if we gave them a good game, nobody would be complaining, but it very much seems a continuation of last season. Same basic errors.

Nonleagueherewecome

Well....we didn't lose 7-1 like Norwich did first L1 game!

Otis

Of course we should be concerned about the performance, but before the game I did think we could well lose, so to take a point has to be good in a game where we didn't perform, surely?

Nonleagueherewecome

Of course we should be concerned about the performance, but before the game I did think we could well lose, so to take a point has to be good in a game where we didn't perform, surely?

Spot on, Otis. We created the chances to win it despite playing shite. It's a new team and a big culture shock, so results are more important than performances at this time.

Nonleagueherewecome

Yeovil are a better side at this level than Stockport were at Championship level, anyway.

Otis

Soon we will have to play Merely Stevenage, Tiny Bury, Minnow Tranmere, Weedy Carlisle, Unimportant Walsall & Inconsequential Crawley

That's 6 games where we should be expecting at least eleventy billion points from surely!

stupot07

I wouldn't be trying to compare us to Norwich, they attracted 23.5k for their first league one home game after being relegated and losing their first two league games....we'll be lucky to attract half of that on Tuesday.

Nonleagueherewecome

I liked the bit earlier when Linell read out today's L1 fixtures, saying "there will be some very unfamiliar names to City fans". Yeah, I'd never heard of Hartlepool and Carlisle before...patronising :jerkit:

torchomatic

That doesn't make sense. If we didn't lose then its a good point, surely?

if you are happy with a point...who am i to argue...me...it was a shit point..we could of easily lost that game.

Davo

I very rarely comment on this site, but the amount of shite that is spoken is unbelievable, in particular from people who weren't here.
Whilst I'm on the subject of people here, our "support" is horrendous! 2k people made the trip, but so many were there to 1) moan and/or 2) argue with the police.
Sat on a coach with some real goons who can't handle their beer as I write this, any of you're reading, you're an embarrassment.
Anyway, we've signed a lot of new players. Players I think will come good at this level. We've drew away yet there were boos ringing from the stands. Nice support!!

Yes, players underformed, particularly mcsheffrey, but why come to boo ALL game?
The negative mentality that surrounds the club is here to stay unfortunately.

People need to realise what has happened has happened, were now league 1. Support your team at games, otherwise stay at home and moan!!

Astute

Get a life.

We were never in any risk of losing it other thsm the handball where they scored.

Crap game, but we were the best team out of 2 crap sides. We had the brst chance of winning. Not good but if that is our worse away game we we will do OK this season. Will post when I Am cohetent. PUSB

Davo

Whoever thinks we deserved to lose that game is deluded.
We were pretty poor, but need time for the signings to gel. A point away with 2 home games to come, not all bad.

Mcsheffrey was dire, let's hope that's rustiness too. But people saying we deserved to lose do not have a clue

Grendel

Spot on, Otis. We created the chances to win it despite playing shite. It's a new team and a big culture shock, so results are more important than performances at this time.

Rather irrelevant I would say in this game - Yeovil gave debuts to 6 players and 2 of their subs. Same as us if you include Daniels.

Mucca Mad Boys

That would make it a good point then if we could've had 0 instead of 1, even then, we could've won it as well, Cody should have scored and got a penalty, Barton, on another day, his shot would've rocketed in.

Nonleagueherewecome

Rather irrelevant I would say in this game - Yeovil gave debuts to 6 players and 2 of their subs. Same as us if you include Daniels.
But over time, it being a new team will be less of an issue than it was today: then we should be more demanding of results due to quality winning out, if we are indeed the better team.

Anyway, it seems the people who went who have started commenting now think we didn't deserved to lose and should have won, so...

AFCCOVENTRY

Bloody hell... to come away from home with a brand new team with a point against a Gary Johnson team is a good result.

This team needs to gel quickly but let's judge after 10 games and see where we are. A win against Sheff U on Tues will really show if we are cut out for promotion as they are one of our main rivals.

Really happy Cody is off the mark on his first game of the league campaign. Hopefully he will put some doubters to bed.

Swindon drew away from home... does that mean Swindon's season is over as well?

:facepalm:

Nonleagueherewecome

I'm happy with a point at the moment. A lot of what I think will be decided in the next 7 days in two massive home games! It's too early to be jumping to silly conclusions.

mark82

I'm happy with a point at the moment. A lot of what I think will be decided in the next 7 days in two massive home games! It's too early to be jumping to silly conclusions.

Agree. I was unhappy earlier but on reflection it's just one game and we didn't lose. From what people who attended have said it wasn't as bad as some were making out on here earlier. Tuesday is a big game and we could do with a win to get the ball rolling.

Nonleagueherewecome

God I wish we were Swansea...

Nonleagueherewecome

That's how to play passing football though, eh? Hammers home the difference between Spanish and English football. Great appointment in Laudrup!

Users who are viewing this thread