UTTER SHITE (1 Viewer)

Cally Fedora

The answer is staring Robins in the face. You go with todays line up but put O’Hare in for Godden. He’s a poacher that’s not scoring.

SBT

The answer is staring Robins in the face. You go with todays line up but put O’Hare in for Godden. He’s a poacher that’s not scoring.
Godden was very good as the central striker today - dropped back into midfield when needed, kept the CBs busy and linked up with Allen. O’Hare doesn’t have any experience playing that role, and he’s nowhere near sharp enough anyway.

pusbccfc

Sick Boy

Is it just me that was amazed he took Simms off instead of Wright or Godden? Simms was the only one of the front 3 who looked half decent.

It pains me to say it but I’m slowly losing faith in Robins. For the first time it feels like he genuinely does not have a clue.
For some reason Simms always seems to be the first to come off.

With all the talk of the rebuild and a period of transition, I’m starting to feel as though there’s no long term vision of how the team will play or how it’ll evolve.

Sick Boy

I actually thought simms was the worst of the front 3 today , opinions and all
I think I agree with that, it wasn’t his best game but wouldn’t say he played badly. Out of all the signings, I think he’s the one we’ll get the most return on.

SkyBlue_Bear83

For some reason Simms always seems to be the first to come off.

With all the talk of the rebuild and a period of transition, I’m starting to feel as though there’s no long term vision of how the team will play or how it’ll evolve.
Really not sure what Godden has done to make himself so important, he also appears to have leapfrogged Allen in the captaincy pecking order for some reason.

Feel certain players have had there ability inflated due to us making the play off final last season, which was mostly due to Gyokeres and Hamer dragging a group of mostly average players to that position.

clint van damme

Can’t agree with that. Godden isn’t a central striker and shouldn’t be played as one. He’s a foil, a poacher. If he’s not scoring one every two he’s not worth his place

Was involved in all out best moments first half by dropping deeper. Two nice lay offs and a dummy.

Very poor miss with the header 2nd half.

BlueSkiesForever

I thought we played alright today, yes it wasn’t amazing but the defence was pretty decent considering this is our first time playing 4 at the back for a whole game.

I just have an issue with Godden playing the striker role in a 4-3-3, I don’t think he’s quick enough to get into the box to score those taps in or run on to through balls etc. Wright still looks inconsistent but I thought Simms looked pretty lively, did a lot of work to get round their defenders. Though I have absolutely no idea why Robins took him off and kept the two worse strikers on.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

At this moment I'd bring Tats on instead in one of the wide striker roles, probably dropping Godden and moving Simms central, though you could make an argument to drop any of the front 3.

Dimi_Konstantflapalot

Really not sure what Godden has done to make himself so important, he also appears to have leapfrogged Allen in the captaincy pecking order for some reason.

Feel certain players have had there ability inflated due to us making the play off final last season, which was mostly due to Gyokeres and Hamer dragging a group of mostly average players to that position.
He has always been the 3rd captain after Kelly and Mcfadz

BlueSkiesForever

At this moment I'd bring Tats on instead in one of the wide striker roles, probably dropping Godden and moving Simms central, though you could make an argument to drop any of the front 3.
Definitely, I think that’s the line up this formation needs. Sakamoto driving into the box and creating crosses or through balls, he’s a technical player with a bit of speed and think that’s what we need instead of Godden atm. No disrespect to Godden, there’s a need for him in the team but I just don’t think it’s in this current role.

Seaside-Skyblue

Bit random but something I've noticed more recently though is Godden, for his size wins a fair few headers...I can't remember this much before but he seems to win more than Simms / Wright and when you compare physical statures it's bonkers. Means nothing and adds nothing to this debate it's just something I've randomly noticed recently!

Sent from my SM-A346B using Tapatalk

Jamesimus

Bit random but something I've noticed more recently though is Godden, for his size wins a fair few headers...I can't remember this much before but he seems to win more than Simms / Wright and when you compare physical statures it's bonkers. Means nothing and adds nothing to this debate it's just something I've randomly noticed recently!

He's always been decent in the air. Fully expected him to bury that header second half though.

Hertsccfc

Godden has always been good in the air and has scored quite a lot with his head. Simms is worse than Gyokeres was at the beginning and I felt annoyed today when he didn't even try to challenge their defender in the air just before he went off.

Last edited:

stevefloyd

I think he is. Maybe an hour and off but the only way to get sharp is to play
O'hare is just coming back from one of the worst injuries at present that can happen to a footballer, yes he needs minutes to get match fit but we don't know how this has affected him mentally so his mental state has also got to recover too so that he starts believing in himself again....thats going to take longer!

Great_Expectations

Another unnecessarily negative and inaccurate thread.

Yes, we need them to put their opportunities away but I thought we looked a threat offensively today, especially second half.

I wanted Sakamoto on but not for Simms, he had the absolute beating of their LB all game and looked really up for it - stupid decision (unless he was ill).

Users who are viewing this thread