USSR invades Ukraine. (11 Viewers)

Grendel

SIR ERNIE

I can't help thinking that now might be a good time to try and reach a peace agreement before the whole of Ukraine falls.
True but tragically there'll be no peace deal and defeat will not happen this side of November.
I suspect the Biden regime will continue to cynically fund the war regardless of human suffering rather than allow his re election prospects to be severely damaged.

Brighton Sky Blue

True but tragically there'll be no peace deal and defeat will not happen this side of November.
I suspect the Biden regime will continue to cynically fund the war regardless of human suffering rather than allow his re election prospects to be severely damaged.
How many countries would you allow Putin to take over before maybe deciding to try and stop him?

shmmeee

skybluetony176

How many countries would you allow Putin to take over before maybe deciding to try and stop him?
Given that they currently occupy swathes of Moldova and Georgia the honest answer is at least one more. You won’t get that answer though. There’s also an argument that they occupy Chechnya, Belarus basically has a Russian Vichy government and occupies a sizeable Russian force there including the majority of what’s left of Wagner Group and they’re also in an ongoing territorial dispute with Japan over parts of the Kuril Islands that are part of the same island chain that Japan is part of. All the signs are there that Putin isn’t a man you empower with a military victory. All it will do is shift the fight to another territory. We’ve been here before and learned nothing in trying to appease Putin for decades and some still don’t want to learn from that with some rather naive idea that Putin being appeased won’t somehow embolden him.

SBT

The two aren’t really connected. I presume that propaganda and misinformation from the Kremlin are fair enough though as they’re at war as well.
So the relevance in this thread is what? That Ukraine and Russia, they’re just as bad as each other? Bad people on many sides?

Grendel

Seems to have softened in the last few weeks though, allowing the new aid package.

For what reasons exactly remains unclear, but you can guarantee it'll be for personal gain.

The US does nothing ever unless it’s for its own gain

PVA

And on that topic it seems the aid package is having an effect already, lines have stabilised, Russia taking horrendous losses for minimal gains and unable to expand any breakthroughs they do make.

Sick Boy

And on that topic it seems the aid package is having an effect already, lines have stabilised, Russia taking horrendous losses for minimal gains and unable to expand any breakthroughs they do make.
The only way Ukraine will win is with direct involvement of western troops, which isn’t going to happen.

PVA

The only way Ukraine will win is with direct involvement of western troops, which isn’t going to happen.

Well Macron has been very categorical that it will happen if Russia break through the lines.

And as I have said before Ukraine absolutely could have won had the West continued with the appropriate levels of aid. Russia were only going in one direction and there was only one side capable of winning at that point. Sadly, the west let that moment pass and now it looks incredibly difficult.

But also there is no way Russia can conquer the whole of Ukraine though, that just isn’t happening.

Grendel

Well Macron has been very categorical that it will happen if Russia break through the lines.

And as I have said before Ukraine absolutely could have won had the West continued with the appropriate levels of aid. Russia were only going in one direction and there was only one side capable of winning at that point. Sadly, the west let that moment pass and now it looks incredibly difficult.

But also there is no way Russia can conquer the whole of Ukraine though, that just isn’t happening.

Lol Macron sending the troops in without NATO consent

You accuse others of swallowing empty words and propaganda

Sick Boy

And in the case of the specific example you raised, the answer being “Not too dissimilar from most wartime democracies” then?
Yeah a government placing hidden cameras in hotel rooms to record journalists taking drugs to smear them is perfectly normal.

Sick Boy

He doesn't need NATO's consent, why would he?

I don't think it will come to it anyway. But it clearly upset Putin which I'm sure it was designed to do.
First and foremost, among with the punchbag pictures, it was to try and make himself look tough ahead of a difficult election period.

SBT

Yeah a government placing hidden cameras in hotel rooms to record journalists taking drugs to smear them is perfectly normal.
I didn’t say it was, but it’s not exactly unheard of from more credible governments either!

Grendel

First and foremost, among with the punchbag pictures, it was to try and make himself look tough ahead of a difficult election period.

French propaganda

PVA

Russia only had one tank on display during its Victory Day parade this year.

Every year, Moscow wraps itself in patriotic pageantry for Victory Day, a celebration of its victory over Nazi Germany in the Second World War.

Today marks the 79th anniversary and Mr Putin addressed the parade in the Red Square, talking up his country's military capabilities in a speech aimed as much at a foreign audience as a domestic one.

The Second World War T34 tank was the only one present

😅

CCFCSteve

Not like the Mail to have excitable, panic inducing articles !!!

It’s about time Europe started taking defense seriously though. Said a million times we cannot rely on US, especially if Trump returns to power, so all countries should be paying minimum Nato amount (2% gdp) not freeloading off others. By far the best deterrent

Alan Dugdales Moustache

It doesn't need to take the whole of Ukraine.

Users who are viewing this thread