USSR invades Ukraine. (7 Viewers)

Alan Dugdales Moustache

The Rat I smell is for them to be dropping tactical Nuclear weapons from a distance. Removing their own troops from the immediate danger area.
I have to laugh at the title " tactical" nuclear weapon. As if it's soft and cuddly almost.

Marty

Refused to obey orders too?

Seems Putin treats his troops like shit

Doesn't say 'refused to obey orders' does it. Just 'tensions', which could be anything, disagreement on tactics, investment, colour of uniform or even as something as petty as the choice of restaurant for tonight's meal. The lack of clarity almost certainly means it's either made up or insignificant.

You're being played like a fiddle by Western governments and the media. The west's propaganda machine is just as much in full swing as the Russian's. As the old saying goes 'believe half of what you see and none of what you hear'.

NorthernWisdom

Doesn't say 'refused to obey orders' does it. Just 'tensions', which could be anything, disagreement on tactics, investment, colour of uniform or even as something as petty as the choice of restaurant for tonight's meal. The lack of clarity almost certainly means it's either made up or insignificant.

You're being played like a fiddle by Western governments and the media. The west's propaganda machine is just as much in full swing as the Russian's. As the old saying goes 'believe half of what you see and none of what you hear'.
Erm, second bullet point does indeed say refused to obery orders...

NorthernWisdom

As an aside, just had a browse through friendly fire incidents.

Companies A and C of the 3rd Battalion, Parachute Regiment, British Army engaged each other in an hour-long firefight in the Falkland Islands involving heavy weapons and artillery strikes, resulting in five deaths and three injuries.

I just wonder what happened after the hour for them to realise they were shooting at the wrong people!

Marty

As yes, my mistake, even so, anything coming out the west is just as much bullshit as Russia saving Ukraine from Nazi's.

Otis

Well that's just not true is it.

The West has had very good intelligence on the war.
I would always be more likely to believe something coming from Western sources than from Russian.

Everything that comes out of Russia is controlled and state validated.

Here, besides governments (which I am always a little dubious of), you also have military history people, ex generals etc.

Sure, we can take things with a pinch of salt, and there is no way I believe everything said by the UK or US, but there is a wealth of info out there from this side and that involves multiple countries. There will always be a varying degree of opinion and disagreement on the info coming out from pretty much anywhere outside of Russia

Marty

Of course.

But we know that Russia's propaganda is on another level, and to say that "anything coming out the west is just as much bullshit as Russia saving Ukraine from Nazi's" is plainly not true.

It was only last week that the US government were paying tictokers to blame the increase in fuel prices on Russia.

Consume and obey.

Otis

Example of the Russian side. Some military pundit over there has said that not only is the campaign going very well, but it will go down in history as a shining example of how all wars will be carried out in the future. That's how successful it is

Well, it is clearly not going to plan is it. Some stuff from the Russian side is absolutely unbelievable

Marty

The key word is anything.

You said "anything coming out the west is just as much bullshit as Russia saving Ukraine from Nazi's"

That is not true.

Well, it has been the west pushing video game footage as real front line videos, or maybe the ghost of Kiev, You know, the fighter pilot who shot down 6 enemy jets in an afternoon before going home to have an orgy with supermodels in his hot tub. The west are just as bad as anyone with the propaganda.

Otis

The key word is anything.

You said "anything coming out the west is just as much bullshit as Russia saving Ukraine from Nazi's"

That is not true.
I agree. Big difference between anything and everything, so I never take anything as fact, but think maybe there is some truth in it l, whereas, with Russia, I expect it all to be total bullshit

duffer

It was only last week that the US government were paying tictokers to blame the increase in fuel prices on Russia.

Consume and obey.

Hmm. That last bit is the kind of phrase that I'd expect to hear from your common or garden conspiracy theorist.

I'm all in favour of being cynical about what our Government posits as fact, especially given that the PM is a proven liar. But I suspect that's not really where you are on this and perhaps you're leaning more towards the tinfoil hat YouTube brigade. Consume and Obey?

Here's an alternative phrase; keep an open mind, but not so open that your brain falls out.

In the meantime, have you got a link to that TikTok story you mention?

Liquid Gold

Well, it has been the west pushing video game footage as real front line videos, or maybe the ghost of Kiev, You know, the fighter pilot who shot down 6 enemy jets in an afternoon before going home to have an orgy with supermodels in his hot tub. The west are just as bad as anyone with the propaganda.
Those are two great examples of free media working as it should.

They have heard these stories and seen the footage so put it out in the public eye. Then other arms of the media have investigated them and proven them to be false and so released that to the public.

I don't even particularly trust our media and there is a lot of fog of war and propaganda from both sides but the notion that media in the west = media in Russia is absurd.

PVA

Yeah the Ghost of Kyiv thing is almost certainly untrue.

Assuming it is untrue, you really think a made up fighter pilot to boost morale is as bad as justifying the killing of women and children as ‘de-nazifying’?

And anyway the Ghost of Kyiv stuff came from Ukraine, not the West.

Otis

Assuming it is untrue, you really think a made up fighter pilot to boost morale is as bad as justifying the killing of women and children as ‘de-nazifying’?

We know there is a lot of propaganda from the Ukrainian side.

My new missus (have to mention the "new" bit, because obviously old missus is Russian and it would be very confusing) keeps sending me stuff from the Ukrainian side, which is clearly just propaganda.

Otis

Here you go. Perfect example.

Russia universally sing from the same hymn sheet (apart from the few independent voices, who are either shut down or arrested).

So, the US intelligence said the invasion was happening and the French intelligence said it was not.

It's not one universal voice over here, as it is in Russia, so we can form a much more reasoned opinion, as we have varying sources

Screenshot_2022-03-31-14-27-17-95_aee2dc313af8a92a16fcafcae1270359.jpg

Last edited:

skybluetony176

Example of the Russian side. Some military pundit over there has said that not only is the campaign going very well, but it will go down in history as a shining example of how all wars will be carried out in the future. That's how successful it is

Well, it is clearly not going to plan is it. Some stuff from the Russian side is absolutely unbelievable
Maybe he was referring to Ukrainian tactics not Russian ;)

Otis

Role of the media in war always different. Russia and Ukraine aren't going to be broadcasting anything that shows them in a negative situation - for political and morale reasons.
True, but then Russian media don't broadcast anything negative about the regime there anyway, at any other time either.

Users who are viewing this thread