update(takeover those of you who want to read it) (1 Viewer)

darkknight

talks are going along better now ken has gone,i am led to belive that if hoffman takes over a deal is allready in place for the ricoh so we will own the ground.the reason hoffman wont say who the investers are is that they are both very rich men and he didnt want any other club tapping them up,i belive they want the deal done by end of jan....

skyblueinBaku

If their very rich & willing to invest relegation wouldn't worry me too much. A season storming league 1 would be fun.
As long as relegation doesn't worry them too much.

skyblueflubsky

I hope your right dark knight. This is the most positive thing I've heard in a long while. Maybe there is light at the end of the tunnel!

RogerH

I assume you mean we would own half the ground. Haven't the Council said they are not prepared to sell their half ?

Wrenstreetcarpark

Sounds good: but I am waiting for the chickens to cross the road before I count the ones that made it accross.
So, if this is correct
Agreement with SISU for them to hand over control
Agreement with the Council and with the Charity for change of ownership of ACL
Money in place to support the current losses of the Club
Money in place to satisfy SISU
Money in place to pay for the ownership of ACL
and we would hope, money in place to strengthen the squad and get out of the current mess

I am sorry but I just can't share your optimism.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Why were these stupid "windows" brought in anyway? If I want to go out to buy something, I'm not confronted with rules saying, "Oi, you can't buy that until January - and then you've only got a couple of weeks to buy it!" Can someone just explain why a club can't get a player when they NEED one (if they have the money?)

(Probably an obvious answer somewhere and I'll accept my naivety! :))

edgy

Darknight: you mention 2 individuals, so to your knowledge it is not another hedgefund type of consortium?

ashbyjan

Transfer window was introduced to firstly placate the EU over employment laws as there was a real danger that it could scrap transfers altogether and players would be free to move from club to club at the drop of a hat just like in ordinary jobs and no transfer fee would be paid as this could have been deemed restrictive. Secondly it was introduced to force clubs to plan ahead and not just react - too often a rich club would buy its way out of relegation threat or injury crisis. Was meant to level the playing field.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Thanks Ashbyjan! (still clear as mud! :). I is fick!!)

BackRoomRummermill

Thank you for the info DK, I suppose it is a wait and see now... Any deal could fall through as we know and it has got to satisfy all parties.

I would not worry about the mystery investers getting taped up by other clubs , I suspect they are more interested in the Arena than than the club as it has huge revenue potential for other events when run correctly.

I suspect that when SISU take stock and look back they will realise they should have put more money in and tried to get the RICOH, if that had been the case then things for CCFC would have looked very different.

Boneheads:jerkit:

samccov1987

Cheers Dark Knight - i always look out for your posts as they always mean something big is about to happen. As mentioned by a few posters what are our new owners goals - do they expect to appoint a new manager and stay up this season or is it a total re-build? Down to L1, new manager, new squad and build some momentum and increased attendances by winning games/promotion so we can hit the championship with a winning mentality?

Catch 22 for me as i would be worried about new owners gambling on big players and wages to keep us up this season when its already an upward battle - i dont want to see us make the same mistake we made when we left the premiership with players on over inflated wages for the league were playing in.

PUSB

Tankie

I assume you mean we would own half the ground. Haven't the Council said they are not prepared to sell their half ?

HI Roger.
I think it could be a stumbling Block, in any Takeover bid.
If the alleged suitors have a seriously heavyweight Business model in their heads, then they are going to want the stadium, as part of the deal, and if this were so, then the Sky blue fans could really start to celebrate in the knowledge that our new owners really meant Business.
Any deal that the council make regarding the sale of their half share in the Ricoh, must be seen to to be in the best interest of the tax payers of Coventry, and not the incoming,owners, or the Sky Blue Fans, the council has a duty of trust towards its public, so I cant see any Financial favours being dished out..."There would be a riot".
On the other hand! if the bid is not the "full fat"version, then ownership, of half of the Ricoh, may suit their requirements,.."For the time Being."
8_2_99.gif
Tankie

ICHAN

No offence DK rumours are rumours and I will beleive it when it happens, no offence as you were virtually on the money every time on the CET but to many on here no someone who knows someone.

Think BRR unless they are compleatly braindead which I doubt they are sisu will know where it all went wrong right from the begining, but unfortunatly they decided to chase down money and not carry on with some investment which may have seen them achieve what they wanted and us as fans and so the slippery slope began, and I doubt they will come anywhere near football in the future.

Back to the rumour let's hope so for the clubs sake something does happen soon, and let's hope they go about things right, this time?
Could Coventry have a takeover that is actually going to make them into a big club? We will have to wait and see.

J

Jack Griffin

SISU wanted the stadium, Brodie had interests in LA Lakers & LA Knights Stadia. I think the council blanking them over the issue is a key reason for them pulling out, that and the adverse publicity.

procdoc

Cheers dark knight. The new investors, are we talking man city proportions in terms of wealth? I love clutching at straws!

smileycov

Facebook User
If their very rich & willing to invest relegation wouldn't worry me too much. A season storming league 1 would be fun.

I think when and if it happens as long as we have a long term future and money is there, i too would relax about relegation as well. Mind you if we do get bought out 2/3 loans which we can get should make all the difference, those type of games that we lost near the end or by the odd goal may start to swing our way. Cheers DK - Happy New Year :claping hands:

RogerH

HI Roger.
I think it could be a stumbling Block, in any Takeover bid.
If the alleged suitors have a seriously heavyweight Business model in their heads, then they are going to want the stadium, as part of the deal, and if this were so, then the Sky blue fans could really start to celebrate in the knowledge that our new owners really meant Business.
Any deal that the council make regarding the sale of their half share in the Ricoh, must be seen to to be in the best interest of the tax payers of Coventry, and not the incoming,owners, or the Sky Blue Fans, the council has a duty of trust towards its public, so I cant see any Financial favours being dished out..."There would be a riot".
On the other hand! if the bid is not the "full fat"version, then ownership, of half of the Ricoh, may suit their requirements,.."For the time Being."
8_2_99.gif
Tankie

I think the Council would be correct to exercise maximum caution in this matter. They came, like all of us, to seriously distrust SISU, and would I believe be looking for a working relationship with new club owners to rebuild the trust which has been lost. Maybe in a few years, who knows. I seem to remember they asked SISU for complete transparency regarding the "money men", and also for business plans for the Arena, and surrounds. Would be the same for new owners.

ashbyjan

I think we should bare in mind that both the Higgs Charity and the Council have a responsibility to make sure that whoever takes control of ACL does so with a proper plan for the longevity of the business, the Arena, the surrounding area, job creation etc. Its a much bigger decision than simply handing over a few quid for some shares and raking in the profits, especially as there are no profits at present, and they will not sell up to anybody they do not trust and neither party is in any hurry to sell up.

Wrenstreetcarpark

I think we should bare in mind that both the Higgs Charity and the Council have a responsibility to make sure that whoever takes control of ACL does so with a proper plan for the longevity of the business, the Arena, the surrounding area, job creation etc. Its a much bigger decision than simply handing over a few quid for some shares and raking in the profits, especially as there are no profits at present, and they will not sell up to anybody they do not trust and neither party is in any hurry to sell up.

and that is why I am not counting dark knight's chickens yet.

ashbyjan

It is the ownership of the Stadium that makes SISU's tenure completely bankrupt - neither the Council nor the Higgs Charity will sell to a company whose operational business model is to reduce costs, strip out assets and sell up as quickly as possible. Obviously they have made a total pigs ear with CCFC as this was a business that they simply didn't understand and there is no way that either of the ACL owners would take a risk with the stadium. It is a tremendous asset for the whole City and is currently a thriving business so no risk will be taken. If there is a takeover ongoing for the club then any discussions about the stadium may be ongoing but I doubt if any deal for it will be done any time soon.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Sounds positive, and if we're to believe any poster on this forum, its gonna be DK!

Still wont get too excited as although it will probably fly by, the end of Jan is a lonf way off, and anything can happen between now and then.

However, fingers crossed it all goes through and we have Hoff n co in place pretty damn quick (and in time for the greatest escape of great escapes :) )

The Reverend Skyblue

Dark Knight does'nt post very often so it's hard to build up wether we can trust what he says, but the peole who were on CET forum seem to believe him.
Going on this and after much careful thought, i will believe in what he says, and until further notice i will be slightly happier than I might otherwise have been before.

The Rev

Sub

well it can only be good for the club lets hope it all goes through and then this endless bickering between the fans can end and we can get back to building a better future for the club fans and owners !!!!!:):):)

ajsccfc

You'll never end the bickering!

It'd be nice to see people fall out over whether we should bother signing Kaka or not, mind you. I vote an early 'yes'

Sub

only as a impact player as we will have rooney and tevez up front with messi behind !!!

Users who are viewing this thread