Update on ticket situation (1 Viewer)

SkyBlue_Bear83

Think that was block 8, looking at it in that picture Crewe had blocks 6 & 7.

Yea thats block 8 where the segregation is, in all honesty we could have given Gillingham block 6, segregated block 7 and sold blocks 8, 9 and 10 to us.

Bennosdancingfeet

Its hardly a disgrace there are 20 other games to go to.

For fuck sake!!!! Why do people bring loyalty etc into the equation.

Grendel, it's the home coming that's why ppl want to be there. Sure, some may not come back for the Yeovil game but you seem a bit bitter about this.

Rusty Trombone

Simplistic plan would have been:

Forget the season ticket renewal business, start afresh and make everyone apply for season tickets (quoting their previous season ticket seats from 12/13 if they wanted to retain them). Set a cut off day for this e.g the Monday just gone.

Put all remaining tickets on general sale the next day (Tuesday, Online and Club Shop).

Set Gillingham's allocation to 1000 (a single block) in the knowledge that its a Friday night etc.

Don't bother with POTG as this will just cause havoc on match day.

How they've managed to cock this up I'll never know.

They should have had ten ticket staff, and they should have been arranged in a 3-5-2 seating formation just to annoy you.

Ashdown

The upshot is, no-one will want anyone to be outside without a ticket if there is a glut of empty seats. I'm sure everything will be done in their limited powers to open all areas. More problematic it seems so far is missing tickets and people receiving incorrect orders.

Astute

The way you go on about it it seems the move to Sixfields was a great PR exercise.

By such logic you should have attended Sixfields for at least one game as that period will be referred to equally as much.

I picked a ticket up today so that's all I'm bothered about.

Was that ticket for you and all your mates?

M&B Stand

I hope they do I think possibly block 10 will be open, can't see them opening 9 though

Why though? It was open and sold for the crewe game and there was four times the number of crewe than what Gillingham will bring friday, by the looks of that photo they could've even moved the barrier across block 8 and just used the net giving most of block 8!

Question is, what is the new saleable capacity of the Ricoh for football? And, what's changed since the chelsea & JPT semi?

SkyBlue_Bear83

Why though? It was open and sold for the crewe game and there was four times the number of crewe than what Gillingham will bring friday, by the looks of that photo they could've even moved the barrier across block 8 and just used the net giving most of block 8!

Question is, what is the new saleable capacity of the Ricoh for football? And, what's changed since the chelsea & JPT semi?
No idea why, you will have to ask the club that.

bigfatronssba

bigfatronssba

You would imagine they'd want as many punters as they can get

My theory is they have been unable to keep up with demand. They got to Saturday and decided if at that point they sold anymore they couldn't be certain about getting them all out in time. They have since spent the last few days frantically trying to get the tickets out.

They initially wanted to not give this as a reason as it would make them look unorganised, although ironically that is exactly how they've ended up looking anyway.

sprostongreen

Evenin all. Thought I'd make my first post on here another classic tale of ticket hunting farce!

On Saturday my brother tries to get tickets for the game online. After a lenghty amount of waiting he eventually gets seven in his basket, pops card details in only to then get the familiar error message. We'd just assumed all was lost, and have been waiting like most others for more to go on sale. Then, this afternoon he's happening to check his online banking.... lo and behold, 70 squids taken by CCFC showing on his statement!
So, being reasonably f***ed off, he emails several email addresses he finds on club website expressing his 'concern'. A short while later he gets call from a lady at the superstore, apologising for the confusion, and confirming that though they did take his money, no seats were indeed allocated. However, she is happy to offer the required seven seats in the supposedly sold out Block 31?!?!? Needless to say she was pleased when he told her that we now only need four.

So, is this scenario which i'm sure has affected others, another factor in why they've been delaying putting tickets back on sale. And, if the north stand is supposedly sold out, how can they magically produce seven available seats all together??

No comes the small matter of actually finding the time to go pick the damn things up!!

PUSB!

theferret

Evenin all. Thought I'd make my first post on here another classic tale of ticket hunting farce!

On Saturday my brother tries to get tickets for the game online. After a lenghty amount of waiting he eventually gets seven in his basket, pops card details in only to then get the familiar error message. We'd just assumed all was lost, and have been waiting like most others for more to go on sale. Then, this afternoon he's happening to check his online banking.... lo and behold, 70 squids taken by CCFC showing on his statement!
So, being reasonably f***ed off, he emails several email addresses he finds on club website expressing his 'concern'. A short while later he gets call from a lady at the superstore, apologising for the confusion, and confirming that though they did take his money, no seats were indeed allocated. However, she is happy to offer the required seven seats in the supposedly sold out Block 31?!?!? Needless to say she was pleased when he told her that we now only need four.

So, is this scenario which i'm sure has affected others, another factor in why they've been delaying putting tickets back on sale. And, if the north stand is supposedly sold out, how can they magically produce seven available seats all together??

No comes the small matter of actually finding the time to go pick the damn things up!!

PUSB!

Wouldn't be surprised if lots of people come away with North Stand tickets tomorrow. Suspected they were keeping some back in there.

bigfatronssba

Just astounded at your small minded blame everyone shite.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It must be contagious from an infamous hedge fund.

kg82

PUSB!

Nice name! Great tune

lifelongcityfan

still waiting for mine despite having ordered them last wednedsay

emailed twice and rang over 30 times today!!
eventually they emailed me back and suggest i wait to Friday and then contact them if they do not arrive

so i need to take a day off work to do battle at the ticket office

It appears that they are in meltdown

to be honest this is a complete joke

glamour76

Ffs if anybody really wanted a ticket, they would have queued like the rest of us. Let's see how many want a ticket for Yeovil.

biggymania

Based on my experience checking out online with 2 tickets for Arsenal away last season, the ticketing system we have does give an error when purchasing tickets, only for the payment to be taken later and delivered later. I just checked my frantic e-mails to/from the ticket office and the order "failed" on screen for me on the Friday, I later received e-mail confirmation and payment taken on the following Tuesday.

Expect chaos online on Friday. Absolute chaos. I feel for the admin staff, I really do.

bigfatronssba

Ffs if anybody really wanted a ticket, they would have queued like the rest of us. Let's see how many want a ticket for Yeovil.

So people should have ignored the club advice?

Also are you suggesting Gillingham is a glamour tie?

Kingokings204

still waiting for mine despite having ordered them last wednedsay

emailed twice and rang over 30 times today!!
eventually they emailed me back and suggest i wait to Friday and then contact them if they do not arrive

so i need to take a day off work to do battle at the ticket office

It appears that they are in meltdown

to be honest this is a complete joke

That's so shit tbf. Sorry about this story.

SkyBlue_Bear83

PUSB!

If I'm being honest, since tickets have gone on sale you are the first person I've seen saying they have tickets in block 31 yet the club claim it is sold out.

Hitman72

As a former 2012/13 Season Ticket holder I have tried over 12 times to book my reserved seat online. When eventually getting to select the Gillingham ticket, the purchase did not show in the basket and now the option to selct this ticket has disappeared! I have e-mailed the clubtwice and still have not had a response! Former ST holders have until 5.30pm Thursday night to book their tickets but purchasing online is an absolute joke!

Rusty Trombone

As a former 2012/13 Season Ticket holder I have tried over 12 times to book my reserved seat online. When eventually getting to select the Gillingham ticket, the purchase did not show in the basket and now the option to selct this ticket has disappeared! I have e-mailed the clubtwice and still have not had a response! Former ST holders have until 5.30pm Thursday night to book their tickets but purchasing online is an absolute joke!

Most former season ticket holders I know have had the same problem, and I think this is the main reason so many have not been taken up. When the purchase option disappeared online I queued in the shop, glad I did. I mentioned the online problem to the ticket office staff and they said only a few people were having this problem.

I got my season ticket last night, I filled in all the details (card, address etc) pressed the buy button and the page came up not to do any thing as it was proccessing the purchase.It was that long I went off to make a cup of tea, came back and the screen was just white and could do nothing with it. No E-mail recived from the city so went back on and into history of purchases and there it was, purchase made and a receipt number. Gave the number to a friend going up to the ticket office today and they comfirmed that the purchase was made. They then said i might not get the Gillingham ticket in time and printed it out for him. My advise is check your history and get the receipt number and go up to the ticket office tomorrow and get them to print your ticket for the Gillingham game. For those working give your supporter number, receipt number to some one in coventry who can get up to the ticket office. Good luck.

slowdave

Tried to buy tickets online on sunday and had my card debited but the website couldn't complete the transaction.

Sent an email to the club for a refund and have just received a call from the club selling me tickets for friday.

Happy days...

slowdave

Yep, called half an hour ago. They called my mobile (the number registered on my ccfc account) from 02476992332.
And we're in Block 31 - down at the front

Users who are viewing this thread