Update from Dave Boddy (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator

It makes sense why we can't buy season tickets yet, could be a logistical nightmare trying to sort refunds for people when we can't get to games.

The membership package sounds interesting though.

BigadamL

I will be getting a membership package but I hope this doesn’t mean that if you buy a membership package and say you didn’t have a season ticket last year you can buy a season ticket at the same time as is season ticket holders from last season. Wouldn’t be to bad if full capacity was allowed but with rumours of certain percentage capacity being allowed surely would be a tad unfair I feel

CCFC54321

Think he shown great restraint in his chosen words regarding wasps and the city council. We all know who’s telling lies and it’s certainly not Boddy.

CovUpNorth

I don’t get how the membership will work tbh. Previous years you could buy a membership, but that was separate to actually buying a season ticket.

RegTheDonk

I don’t get how the membership will work tbh. Previous years you could buy a membership, but that was separate to actually buying a season ticket.
Doubtless they will give full details shortly on what perks this membership package will give you and perhaps offer it to previous ST holders first.

I dare say they have an idea of how many will be initially allowed at St.Andrews and perhaps the membership package will be in effect your season ticket (seats to be allocated as and when) and they'll stop the membership once we get close to the projected capacity.

If thats the case I would hope it also gives you a pass to watch live on iFollow while games are played behind closed doors.

shmmeee

Sounds like they’re making the best of a bad situation.

Think this is time for me to float my “club as a service” idea again:

Tired monthly subscription like a gym membership. Exact details to be worked out but something like:

- £5/mo: discount on store, match ticket after x months paid.
- £15/mo: basically the current iFollow deal, maybe throw in a discount
- £25/mo: 1 match a month plus discounts and iFollow
- £35/mo: Full ST
- £50/mo: ST/iFollow/discount in shirt
- £100/mo: Cup and away tickets too, maybe meet and greet special session or access to special events
- £500/mo: The Grendel Tier

Would give the club guaranteed income over the year and could throw in all sorts of basically free to do perks to make it more attractive. Maybe have a six month or year contract to ensure people don’t take the piss.

mr_monkey

Tired monthly subscription like a gym membership. Exact details to be worked out but something like:

- £100/mo: Cup and away tickets too, maybe meet and greet special session or access to special events

Would give the club guaranteed income over the year and could throw in all sorts of basically free to do perks to make it more attractive. Maybe have a six month or year contract to ensure people don’t take the piss.

One of the festivals i go to has done this and they have had a very good sign up rate for it so far. Normal attendance is around 8k and they have had a good 500 people sign up for different tiers ranging from 100 quid a year to about 500

Nick

Administrator
One of the festivals i go to has done this and they have had a very good sign up rate for it so far. Normal attendance is around 8k and they have had a good 500 people sign up for different tiers ranging from 100 quid a year to about 500

I didn't know there were that many people into dressing in PVC mate.

chiefdave

Football is light years behind other industries in capitalising on its existing customer base. I started going in 1986 and what's on offer today is practically identical to what was on offer then. You can either buy a 'normal' ticket, or go in corporate. The same old shit for sale in the club shop.

Look at the range of options you get these days if you go to an event somewhere like the NEC. No reason at all football couldn't do the same.

shmmeee

Football is light years behind other industries in capitalising on its existing customer base. I started going in 1986 and what's on offer today is practically identical to what was on offer then. You can either buy a 'normal' ticket, or go in corporate. The same old shit for sale in the club shop.

Look at the range of options you get these days if you go to an event somewhere like the NEC. No reason at all football couldn't do the same.

Agreed. As much as I hate to say it as a fan, clubs don’t monetise their appeal anything like enough. Fans will pay for all kinds of silly stuff the club can offer and like to wear their “fan status” as a badge. Currently it’s corporate, ST or not basically. There should be ways to give the club money, I mean show your support, for every income bracket.

mark82

Agreed. As much as I hate to say it as a fan, clubs don’t monetise their appeal anything like enough. Fans will pay for all kinds of silly stuff the club can offer and like to wear their “fan status” as a badge. Currently it’s corporate, ST or not basically. There should be ways to give the club money, I mean show your support, for every income bracket.

I think it's a great idea to be honest.

tisza

Think football in general takes fans for granted - maybe this pandemic will makes clubs rethink.
They "forget" they are a customer business and just assume fans will turn up for "brand" loyalty. Think a bit of corporate is good business but vast majority of fans in grounds overlooked.
PL tv money in particular has seen fans taken for granted at that level

ccfc1234

Really like this thinking. Most business are moving towards a steady revenue model. You would need like mobile contracts to ensure people were locked into a specific package to ensure the revenue streams were secure.

How would you avoid the bad press of CCFC needing to get their money from a fan who was defaulting on payments? Not a great look for the club.

Last edited:

Rusty Trombone

From what Boddy is saying about the credit card companies being nervous about being asked for refunds where games go ahead with fans not being allowed in, I would guess the membership will be about the price of a season ticket and will entitle you to access all homes games for free (might have something else added in), and then if fans are not allowed in the credit card companies don't need to refund you as you bought a membership that has been granted, it takes the risk away from them. Obviously the club could still refund people if deemed appropriate.

shmmeee

Really like this thinking. Most business are moving towards a steady revenue model. You would need like mobile contracts to ensure people were locked into a specific package to ensure gave me streams were secure.

How would you avoid the bad press of CCFC needing to get their money from a fan who was defaulting on payments? Not a great look for the club.

I mean that's a PR issue isn't it? I work for a subscription based company and we've let people off terms when it's clear it's not worth pursuing them and risking bad PR.

For some of the tiers, it'd be as simple as deactivating their ST/discount car/iFollow sub/whatever. That's why I say for the others maybe you have to say have had 3 months subscription paid then you get a ticket. You can save up for 12 months and get 4 tickets, or use them as they come and if you cancel the club is never out of pocket.

But yeah, lots to work out, I just think the general idea of a sustainable income and allowing fans to pay in and feel part of the club despite not being able to stretch to a ST (for either time or money reasons) is sound.

cc84cov

No update on Kevin kyle’s contract extension then

Membership is interesting one see what the details etc are

Users who are viewing this thread