Unusual things that you are into... (1 Viewer)

ccfctommy

...following on from the lack on interest thread I'd thought I would do the opposite.

What things do you have an interest in which may be unusual?

For me, I've got into watching Sumo wrestling! It used to be it on Eurosport when I was a kid, but it's uploaded onto YouTube every day (tournaments go on for 15 days). I accidentally got into it to be fair, after watching a few documentaries about Japan and Japanese culture. I think you have to be interested in that to 'get' sumo if you get my drift.

I have never met anyone else who watches it unfortunately...

Nick

Administrator
Erotic asphyxiation

giphy.gif

dutchman

Miniature plastic soldiers!

It dates back to 1989 when I was totally immobilised by a viral infection for several months. As often happens in that situation there was one thing which really nagged me and in my case it was the historical inaccuracy of the Airfix' miniature soldiers I collected in my youth. Unable to do much else I set about redesigning the entire collection in my head.

I found out much later many others shared the same obsession and there is even a website devoted to the subject. Some people apparently prefer the Airfix originals and good luck to them. It obviously has sentimental value to them.

Nick

Administrator
Miniature plastic soldiers!

It dates back to 1989 when I was totally immobilised by a viral infection for several months. As often happens in that situation there was one thing which really nagged me and in my case it was the historical inaccuracy of the Airfix' miniature soldiers I collected in my youth. Unable to do much else I set about redesigning the entire collection in my head.

I found out much later many others shared the same obsession and there is even a website devoted to the subject. Some people apparently prefer the Airfix originals and good luck to them. It obviously has sentimental value to them.

Could you not meet up for a war? Airfix v Custom.

eastwoodsdustman

I like buying early mountain bikes and doing them up. I've got rid of a few but still have 6 at the minute. The newest one is from 1997 and the oldest is 1989. Its great flying past someone on their new bike on your old school steed. Strictly one in one out now so unless something really tickles my fancy there wont be any additions.

Nick

Administrator
I like buying early mountain bikes and doing them up. I've got rid of a few but still have 6 at the minute. The newest one is from 1997 and the oldest is 1989. Its great flying past someone on their new bike on your old school steed. Strictly one in one out now so unless something really tickles my fancy there wont be any additions.

Stealing bikes and selling them on then? ;)

Users who are viewing this thread