Unreal Engine 5 (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Ah I've got a Series X, wonder what TV would be needed for that and if a 4K UHD would be enough.

ajsccfc

I remember the original trailer for Watch Dogs and then what the game looked like in reality, I'm believing nothing until I boot it up on my own machine. It does look promising though

Skybluefaz

The thing with just showing off though, will be like those demo 4k videos in Currys.
True, it very much depends what developers will do with it. I look at that though and wonder what Rockstar will squeeze out of next gen if that's an example of what will happen. Albeit they will obviously release gta5 ten more times before we see another gta.

ajsccfc

This will not be a full game. Just made to show off UE5
Yeah that's what I mean, I want to see what full games can do with the technology. I'm well into Assassin's Creed Oddysey and I find the world on there incredible, considering that's a three year old game on the last generation I've got high hopes for games utilising this

Evo1883

The free roam gameplay is shown at about 11 minutes

You'd need some gaming rig to play like that , talking thousands .. ps5 xbox one and standard pcs no chance

They say ps5 gameplay but in reality it's all wired up to an extremely high end gaming rig

Skybluefaz

It may do but the demo shown in the video , not quite ..thats live on twitch right now View attachment 23113
That could be down to any manner of things though right? Obviously yeah the level of realism has been achievable on top end gpus for a while now, but this 'feels' true next gen in terms of console gaming for me. As in a true discernable difference in visuals between ps4 and ps5.

Nick

Administrator
At what point do they get like that Second Life game?

I used to work with a bloke who would put so much money into that, would come in on about a strip club he went to.

Evo1883

That could be down to any manner of things though right? Obviously yeah the level of realism has been achievable on top end gpus for a while now, but this 'feels' true next gen in terms of console gaming for me. As in a true discernable difference in visuals between ps4 and ps5.

It does look good don't get me wrong, it's fantastic , and yes a big upgrade from ps4

Skybluefaz

At what point do they get like that Second Life game?

I used to work with a bloke who would put so much money into that, would come in on about a strip club he went to.
I think that is what Facebook/Meta is going for isn't it. Full VR world like the oasis from ready player one.

Nick

Administrator
I think that is what Facebook/Meta is going for isn't it. Full VR world like the oasis from ready player one.

Ah yeah I have seen those ads.

Think that's a bit too far. It's alright playing games like GTA5 but it will end up like Goodnight Sweetheart where somebody has a family in a different decade but on a game.

TomRad85

Ah yeah I have seen those ads.

Think that's a bit too far. It's alright playing games like GTA5 but it will end up like Goodnight Sweetheart where somebody has a family in a different decade but on a game.
Not seen Goodnight Sweetheart referenced for a while. Fair play.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Nick

Administrator
Not seen Goodnight Sweetheart referenced for a while. Fair play.

Rodders was at it.

_90291890_000367484.jpg

TomRad85

Rodders was at it.

_90291890_000367484.jpg
Those were the original Phoebe and Yvonne weren't they. I remember the second Yvonne being an upgrade but the second Phoebe being a downgrade. Can't have it all I suppose...

Users who are viewing this thread