Unpopular Opinions (1 Viewer)

Saddlebrains

Fed up of the 3rd kit being worn, Its the shittest of the 3 this year and we've worn it a few times when sky blue or purple would have been fine

shmmeee

In no particular order

New songs shouldn't be chosen just because someone gets their little kid to sing the lyrics on video

We'd have been better off retaining Biamou than bringing in Waghorn

I would rather have finished 20th in League 1 twice on the bounce than get relegated and come back up.

To be clear my like only applies to two thirds of this post.

Bugsy

Fucking hate moaners on this site ..
Depressing as fuck
PUSB

skyblu3sk

Mark Robins is a Lower league manager. Completely out of his depth at this level as proven time and again. Three years of stagnation
Get Out Theatre GIF by Tony Awards

Sick Boy

Ogrizovic was (and still is) massively overrated

if Hedman had not got that ankle injury, we would have been in the 1998 FA Cup Final

Paul Williams was awful
Yeah I remember thinking at the time with Oggy in goal we were going out.

ceetee

Comments on third strip, which I like, but .......

It looks better (brighter) in photos than it actually is.

When we wore it at home a couple of games ago, I though the away shirts stood out much more clearly and I had to concentrate harder to pick out our players at the far end of the pitch.

Perhaps this says more about my eyesight ...

shmmeee

Oh I’ve got a thread winner:

CCC and Wasps acted rationally from their position and Sisu were entirely to blame for the ground mess. Up to and including Ashley buying it. And scarpered as soon as they realised they’d failed.

On a lighter note:

“natural position” is mostly bollocks, especially for midfield players and most players can adapt to a slight position change.

Razzle Dazzle Dean Gordon

CCC and Wasps acted rationally from their position and Sisu were entirely to blame for the ground mess. Up to and including Ashley buying it. And scarpered as soon as they realised they’d failed.

On a lighter note:

“natural position” is mostly bollocks, especially for midfield players and most players can adapt to a slight position change.

Well this should go down well!

Ian1779

On a lighter note:

This one isn’t getting 5 likes.

Brighton Sky Blue

On a lighter note:

oh no.gif

skyblu3sk

If he continues at the same level of progress Sheaf will only be a reasonable championship player and is too limited making too many mistakes to step up.

shmmeee

I direct the honourable gentleman to the countless former CCFC forwards played on the wing

I don’t mean every player is a success. But Gus moved from RWB to CM, Maatsen from LWB to AM, I think Eccles is a decent RWB (which is what inspired the post). Away from CCFC Henry is a famous example. It’s about the qualities a player has rather than a strict position IMO.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

I don’t mean every player is a success. But Gus moved from RWB to CM, Maatsen from LWB to AM, I think Eccles is a decent RWB (which is what inspired the post). Away from CCFC Henry is a famous example. It’s about the qualities a player has rather than a strict position IMO.
I don't think Eccles has the natural qualities to be a wing back. Burroughs may possibly, but Eccles to me looks like the tidy kind of player that plays CDM.

He's doing an admirable job filling in when he has to, but he's certainly not suited to it. Got Isaac Osbourne vibes all over it to me.

Tomh111

Here's another one, I just can't take to James Maddison.

I know he does stuff for charity etc, but there's just something about him I don't like.

shmmeee

To be fair we did finish 8th in the Championship one season.
I don't think Eccles has the natural qualities to be a wing back. Burroughs may possibly, but Eccles to me looks like the tidy kind of player that plays CDM.

He's doing an admirable job filling in when he has to, but he's certainly not suited to it. Got Isaac Osbourne vibes all over it to me.

I think that’s harsh on Eccles. He’s got a good cross, solid defensively and good interplay and movement. I think DM and wingback roles are very similar in many ways hence quite a few players moving between them. I also think he’s not getting in ahead of Gus or Sheaf and it’s better for his development than sitting on the bench or the U23s.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

I think that’s harsh on Eccles. He’s got a good cross, solid defensively and good interplay and movement. I think DM and wingback roles are very similar in many ways hence quite a few players moving between them. I also think he’s not getting in ahead of Gus or Sheaf and it’s better for his development than sitting on the bench or the U23s.
I think his crossing is Ok. We just seem to have a plethora of wingbacks who are terrible at it. Of course he's good defensively - he's a DCM - but I just don't see him providing that much of an attacking outlet. When he plays there his nature is to stay back so he doesn't get caught upfield.

Although I'm not a fan of wingbacks who seem to think they're wingers who might occassionally track back I think they need to offer more than a full-back who occasionally ventures into opposition territory.

Users who are viewing this thread