Unhappy Robins (1 Viewer)

skybluecam

Not a very smart move then.

There is only boss and it isn’t Robins.

Implying criticism of your owner in public doesn’t normally end well for any manager …..

I think Robins is a brilliant manager and we are lucky to have him but he can’t possibly complain that he hasn’t been backed this season ….
He can, obviously wanted a forward/winger in Jan which we desperately need and he didn’t get.

Deity

He can, obviously wanted a forward/winger in Jan which we desperately need and he didn’t get.
Every manager always wants more …

pep wanted Declan Rice,
Jurgen wanted Caicedo
Arteta wanted Toney

Robins did get the winger / forward in EMC but as Darragh has confirmed Posb changed the deal on the day twice. You can’t blame King for that.

Our squad is good enough to push for a play off place, let’s not pretend it’s not.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

The grounds team have been working overtime apparently and have been struggling.

Hence why the stadium lamps are on all night.

This is an aerial shot on the pitch two weeks ago.

View attachment 34006

Surely that pitch needs the heat lamps all over the pitch. 🤔

hamertime

You have to moan to get things sorted it’s they way of life.

If she does my gravy too thick I tell her, it’s sorted for next time or a dig in the ribs.

Mucca Mad Boys

When I heard the post-match interview with Robins, he just calmly pointed out the (obvious) need to keep building the squad, and said that work was required to improve the pitch.
He didn't sound like he was 'fuming' or having a go at anyone.
It’s been a consistent theme this season. Incremental improvement and that’s why there’s a 5 year plan to get promoted rather than a 1-2 year plan. It was a big clear out and turnover of players. Overall, we’re a stronger outfit but we’re still down on players ‘net’.

Irrespective of what league we’re in, it’s another big build where we need to build all over - particularly in midfield and upfront.

Astute

It’s not 4 or 5 players though, it’s 2. We look significantly weaker as soon as 2 of Wright, Saka, O’Hare or Palmer are out.
Name another side that wouldn't struggle if they lost 5 of their best players. This includes those at the top.

We've just done without 3. Still in the top 6. Kitching is back again. We have goals right through our side. Hopefully Sheaf will be back in a couple of weeks. Then we're back to having a strong side.

This is a hard time of the season for everyone. Games mounting up, players getting fatigued and weather affected pitches. At least we don't rely on just 2 players like last season.

I remember a few weeks ago when comments were made about how strong our bench was. A week later it was all about not having cover incase of injuries. Will we be unlucky enough to lose half a team to injury?

Balli001

Name another side that wouldn't struggle if they lost 5 of their best players. This includes those at the top.

We've just done without 3. Still in the top 6. Kitching is back again. We have goals right through our side. Hopefully Sheaf will be back in a couple of weeks. Then we're back to having a strong side.

This is a hard time of the season for everyone. Games mounting up, players getting fatigued and weather affected pitches. At least we don't rely on just 2 players like last season.

I remember a few weeks ago when comments were made about how strong our bench was. A week later it was all about not having cover incase of injuries. Will we be unlucky enough to lose half a team to injury?
Sheaf and Allen will be back after the international break.

DrPoolittle

Robins is the master of managing expectation.

The truth is we have best squad we have had in over a decade, he has been backed in the transfer windows by the owner, and rightly we are one of the teams the media expect to push for the play offs.

With the exception of the relegated clubs any other club couldn’t lose 4 or 5 players to injury without being materially impacted. We are equally well placed to compete for the play offs.

Our training pitches are now very good, another previous complaint from Robins.

We are trying to transition from a championship under dog punching above our weight to one of the favourites delivering on the investments made.

I personally think anything less than a real push for the play offs would be under performing this season.

That’s a reasonable assessment but I think most teams would struggle losing players of the calibre of Hamer and Gyokeres.

The problem is that there are at least a dozen clubs with a claim to be play off contenders, creating a competitive league. I expect CCFC to challenge but fall short this season.

PVA

Every club is going to struggle with 4 or 5 injuries to key players.

We're not going to have 23 top 6 standard players in a squad so of course we would look weaker if Sheaf, Wright and Saka were out (as per the example above).

Just be thankful we have improved the squad significantly and have the likes of Torp/Eccles, Palmer and Godden to come in rather than the likes of Maguire, Walker and Howley like last season.

skybluecam

Wright, Sakamoto, O'Hare, Palmer.

As soon as two of those are injured we are in big trouble.

Astute

Wright, Sakamoto, O'Hare, Palmer.

As soon as two of those are injured we are in big trouble.
As soon as? You're talking as though we will have our best players out through injury.

Robinshio

We likely will because of the minutes they'll have to play. The wings are a genuine problem.
if we can get through to the next international break and then get sheal and allen back - we should be ok
A 2 week rest, with the confidence of being in the FA Cup semi final and 5th in the league will do wonders to healing powers

skybluecam

if we can get through to the next international break and then get sheal and allen back - we should be ok
A 2 week rest, with the confidence of being in the FA Cup semi final and 5th in the league will do wonders to healing powers
Big ask, after playing 11th we play 14, 17, 23, 26, 1, 5, 9. 8 matches in 28 days, or a match every 3.5 days. Our schedule is ridiculous.

Cov kid 55

Yep, perhap
Every manager always wants more …

pep wanted Declan Rice,
Jurgen wanted Caicedo
Arteta wanted Toney

Robins did get the winger / forward in EMC but as Darragh has confirmed Posb changed the deal on the day twice. You can’t blame King for that.

Our squad is good enough to push for a play off place, let’s not pretend it’s not.
Yep, it’s perhaps more that our targets didn’t come off, the Argentinian winger, and the EMC deal being changed, rather than a lack of support from the owner.

Deity

We likely will because of the minutes they'll have to play. The wings are a genuine problem.
I agree they are a risk but that risk has been created by Robins changing formation mid season after we had completed a huge overhaul of the playing squad in the summer.

EMC will help in the summer and I’m sure we will look to bring in another wide player too.

Im sure our play off rivals will also have players and positions where they feel they lack the right quality cover …. It’s not a situation unique to ourselves

skybluecam

I agree they are a risk but that risk has been created by Robins changing formation mid season after we had completed a huge overhaul of the playing squad in the summer.

EMC will help in the summer and I’m sure we will look to bring in another wide player too.

Im sure our play off rivals will also have players and positions where they feel they lack the right quality cover …. It’s not a situation unique to ourselves
I don't think it's fair to say created by Robins... we had ample opportunity to address it and Jan and did not, which is what he will be annoyed about. EMC coming in Jan would have been the perfect solution, but we should have had alternatives given that we didn't get him.

You would think if we could offer 10-20k a week wage contribution to a loan for 6 months we could have brought some cover in. It feels like we got messed around on EMC and didn't have any other options that late in the day.

Users who are viewing this thread