Unexplained experiences, paranormal, U.F.O's etc... (1 Viewer)

dancers lance

giphy.gif
bir

dancers lance

I just remembered a weird happening. Years ago (1970's), my brother lived in a maisonette on a cul-de-sac. He had a window facing the maisonettes across the street. There was a small tree planted in a circular patch of grass on the other side of the street. My brother had said he had seen these small things running around the base of the tree at night and joked that they were faires. I never thought much about it, but one night I was over there in the evening and after dark we got some binoculars out and looked across the street at the base of the tree. After looking for some time, we saw several little things running around the base of the tree in a circle. We could not make out what they were but they were about the size of a mouse. Do mice or rats run around the base of trees at night? The next day we went to look at the tree and there was no evidence of anything unusual. The cul-de-sac backed on to some fields with trees so there could have been some wildlife in the area. My brother said he saw these things on several occasions but at some point they stopped appearing. Mice? Faires? It remains a mystery to this day.

Ahhh! the old "I was was just watching the fairies running around the tree with my binoculars officer, I had no idea the next door neighbours wife was in the shower with the window open"

oucho

I'm still trying to figure out where all my odd socks went. I have a bag full of odd socks that have no matching sock. Must have at least 30 by now. I'm putting down to gremlins stealing them in the middle of the night.

Bloody hell, you too???

Captain Dart

oucho

Love Orson Welles!!!

skybluedan

I've just had an unexplained experience that I can't explain
I needed a poo so went and sat down with the iPad and after about 5 mins still nothing so sat there another 5 or 10 mins watching YouTube and then a little fart and that's it after sitting another 5 mins and still nothing decided to give a little wipe and get up but..... When I wiped there was a skid ??? Wtf

Johnnythespider

I needed a poo so went and sat down with the iPad and after about 5 mins still nothing so sat there another 5 or 10 mins watching YouTube and then a little fart and that's it after sitting another 5 mins and still nothing decided to give a little wipe and get up but..... When I wiped there was a skid ??? Wtf
Ghost poo

Captain Dart

I've just witnessed an inexplicable poo related tautology! Spooky. :nurse:

skybluedan

I mean have I had that shit on me arse all day, can't see it being the little fart I did , that was just a little breeze , like a sigh really
I just don't know

Gazolba

Anymore ghost stories?
Here's some for you.
To get the full effect, I'd listen to it with all the lights turned off and just a candle lit:

Sick Boy

Used to live in a maisonette in Brighton and multiple times I’d see a figure going up or down the stairs out the corner of my eye. It was only after leaving that loads of other people saw it too but no one else said anything about it to seem crazy haha.

Went to a haunted house in Devon and got called out by the woman doing the tour as being a sceptic. Ended up feeling something brush my hand in the most haunted part of the house but not convinced it was nothing apart from power of suggestion.

Last edited:

tommydazzle

When you're dead, you don't know you're dead. It's just painful for everyone else.
Stupidity is like that.

My take on this thread.

RegTheDonk

Anymore ghost stories?
No but as it's Sunday I'll be having my weekly dose at 10pm of bedding down with a tablet for a few MTT's on Sky Poker while listening to Talk Radio, as Howard Hughes tries to put the willies up me. He often has a few ghost experts on and some stories are quite intriguing.

BTW thanks for bumping this topic, always interesting to hear other peoples tales...and I do miss SkyBlueDan, always made me smile.

fellatio_Martinez

I've never seen a ghost as such but had a unexplained pants shitting experience when I was about 16.

As a family we'd go to Ireland in the summer to visit our family in remote countryside in Co.Tyrone. We'd stay in a bungalow that was owned by our grandfather but was lying empty for years since his mother passed away there.

One night around 1am when everyone was asleep, me and my brother were outside the backdoor throwing knives into a tree that was in the garden. It was a mild pitch black starry summers night with the only light coming from the moon. There wasn't another house for at least 5 miles.

Everything was fine until I noticed a faint strange sound in the distance. It sounded like a woman laughing. I looked at my brother with a WTF expression as this sound emanated from the black wilderness.

"It's a cat, it must be a cat or a fox or something" we said and carried on throwing terribly at the tree. Then we heard what sounded like something in a great deal of pain howling, it was distant enough for us not to be too alarmed but we were slightly unnerved and I suggested we go inside to watch some TV but my brother insisted that we carry on.

We were over by the tree looking in the grass for the knife which had missed it's target when all of a sudden the sound became louder and closer. It was like a mixture of cackling and screaming, a god awful blood curdling sound. We spun around to look at each other, our faces were drained of blood and we sped towards the kitchen door. The sound was now approaching us at high speed and it felt as if it was after us. We ran inside, and fumbled to lock the door. The sound then reached a crescendo and the door handle rattled as if something tried to open it.

There was then absolute silence and we just stood in the kitchen shitting ourselves for hours until it became light around 3:30.

I have absolutely no idea to this day what it was. We told our grandad and he flippantly said "Aye, that was the banshee".

Me and my brother still talk about it to this day almost 20 years later.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

With the wailing and Ireland I was going to suggest banshee, but my understanding is they're supposed to be protective spirits and they only howl when the person they're protecting is about to die. Hence the wail is considered a portent of death.

Not a huge believer of all this kind of stuff, but accept there are many things we can't explain and as a species we're actually very limited in terms of our senses.

fellatio_Martinez

With the wailing and Ireland I was going to suggest banshee, but my understanding is they're supposed to be protective spirits and they only howl when the person they're protecting is about to die. Hence the wail is considered a portent of death.

Not a huge believer of all this kind of stuff, but accept there are many things we can't explain and as a species we're actually very limited in terms of our senses.

Yeah, I was always under the impression that banshees weren't harmful but just foreboding characters in folklore.

It still freaks me out to this day. It was a completely other worldly experience.

larry_david

I've never seen a ghost as such but had a unexplained pants shitting experience when I was about 16.

As a family we'd go to Ireland in the summer to visit our family in remote countryside in Co.Tyrone. We'd stay in a bungalow that was owned by our grandfather but was lying empty for years since his mother passed away there.

One night around 1am when everyone was asleep, me and my brother were outside the backdoor throwing knives into a tree that was in the garden. It was a mild pitch black starry summers night with the only light coming from the moon. There wasn't another house for at least 5 miles.

Everything was fine until I noticed a faint strange sound in the distance. It sounded like a woman laughing. I looked at my brother with a WTF expression as this sound emanated from the black wilderness.

"It's a cat, it must be a cat or a fox or something" we said and carried on throwing terribly at the tree. Then we heard what sounded like something in a great deal of pain howling, it was distant enough for us not to be too alarmed but we were slightly unnerved and I suggested we go inside to watch some TV but my brother insisted that we carry on.

We were over by the tree looking in the grass for the knife which had missed it's target when all of a sudden the sound became louder and closer. It was like a mixture of cackling and screaming, a god awful blood curdling sound. We spun around to look at each other, our faces were drained of blood and we sped towards the kitchen door. The sound was now approaching us at high speed and it felt as if it was after us. We ran inside, and fumbled to lock the door. The sound then reached a crescendo and the door handle rattled as if something tried to open it.

There was then absolute silence and we just stood in the kitchen shitting ourselves for hours until it became light around 3:30.

I have absolutely no idea to this day what it was. We told our grandad and he flippantly said "Aye, that was the banshee".

Me and my brother still talk about it to this day almost 20 years later.

That's a pretty grim tale!

skybluedan

No but as it's Sunday I'll be having my weekly dose at 10pm of bedding down with a tablet for a few MTT's on Sky Poker while listening to Talk Radio, as Howard Hughes tries to put the willies up me. He often has a few ghost experts on and some stories are quite intriguing.

BTW thanks for bumping this topic, always interesting to hear other peoples tales...and I do miss SkyBlueDan, always made me smile.

I'm here reg watching

M&B Stand

So, back in the 60 & 70’s my old man used to work for Coventry Construction and other steel erector gangs in Cov, they did a few jobs at Highfield Road. Hence the reason he and his mate, a fella by the name of Johnny Arms became City fans (and then me, although I found a on old Glazepta shirt at a jumble sale for 25p circa 1985 that’s was probably the clincher for me).
Anyway, one night they were driving back to Tamworth from a night game, with 2 other
geezers, Sailor Gay and Norman Lee, down them dark lanes thru Kersley and Corley, now anyone who’s been to Tamworth via that route will tell you it’s a twisty old road with loads of sharp bends. They’ve gone around one such hairpin and a woman with the face of a pig has just appeared in the middle of the road from nowhere, the old man took evasive action and missed the her, but ended up in a ditch. When they looked back there was no fucker there. They had to walk back up the road to a pub they’d just passed and ask for help and get a whisky or 2 for their nerves, (not condoning it but drinking and driving had no real stigma back then apparently).
Anyway, as they explained to the locals in the bar what had happened, nobody seemed surprised. They all agreed it must’ve been the ghost of the Fillongley Pig. A woman who, legend has it, died when her and her pigs were bombed by a direct hit from a stray German Focker during the 1940 blitz.
They got towed out and made it home, every time me dad took me to a game via that route, he regaled me with this tale.
Some of the kids of those blokes in the car that night are of a similar age to myself and they’ve all heard the story.

Last edited:

PurpleBin

There was a fella who used to work in our warehouse called Larry Warren. American fella, nice chap. He wrote a book about Rendelesham or some US military base where there was some mad alien landings in the 70s.

Lawrence Warren his full name....have a look. Mental stuff.

Sick Boy

Actually another one, driving south on A23 both my girlfriend and I saw a man walking by the side of the road into the traffic... looked in the mirror and there was no one there...found out there are quite often sightings in the same place of the man.

RegTheDonk

There was a fella who used to work in our warehouse called Larry Warren. American fella, nice chap. He wrote a book about Rendelesham or some US military base where there was some mad alien landings in the 70s.

Lawrence Warren his full name....have a look. Mental stuff.
Yeah that's perhaps the most famous one in the UK of modern times. I've heard his name as he was one of the airmen who was supposed to have investigated the strange lights etc in the forest next to the air base. Haven't read his book, but I've heard a few interviews with the base commander at the time (Colonal Holt?) who led the troops into the night with a tape recorder and described what he saw.

I'm here reg watching
Glad to hear it chap, Merry Christmas to you ... nice to see you haven't w'nkd yourself to death :D

PurpleBin

Yeah that's perhaps the most famous one in the UK of modern times. I've heard his name as he was one of the airmen who was supposed to have investigated the strange lights etc in the forest next to the air base. Haven't read his book, but I've heard a few interviews with the base commander at the time (Colonal Holt?) who led the troops into the night with a tape recorder and described what he saw.

Glad to hear it chap, Merry Christmas to you ... nice to see you haven't w'nkd yourself to death :D

Yeah, thats him! Stories are mad!

Users who are viewing this thread