Underachievers (1 Viewer)

oucho

When you consider the size of the city, the size of the stadium, the 42k we took the Wembley, the years in the top flight, the big name players we had, founder members of the PL etc, then yes I do think we've underachieved historically and are playing far below our level. I know some fans dislike the "entitlement" that comes across in such statements but if we got relegated to National League South and moaned were were too low down, you'd still have people using the "we've no divine right to be in any league" line.

theferret

When you consider the size of the city, the size of the stadium, the 42k we took the Wembley, the years in the top flight, the big name players we had, founder members of the PL etc, then yes I do think we've underachieved historically and are playing far below our level. I know some fans dislike the "entitlement" that comes across in such statements but if we got relegated to National League South and moaned were were too low down, you'd still have people using the "we've no divine right to be in any league" line.

Agree. It's perfectly right to say that we are where we deserve to be (right now), but equally it's legitimate to say we should expect better given the history etc. No contradiction in that.

Gazolba

Someone has to be bottom, so why not us? At least the only direction is up.

Grendel

The size of stadium argument is completely irrelevant

fatso

Too many fans are happy to put up with shit, theres zero expectation for the players to live up to, so its no supprise that shit is what we see.
We are too much of a comfortable club for players to come to and just pick up a wage.

Frank Sidebottom

Hardly surprising as we spent over half of those 50 years in the top 20 and the highest we could've finished this season was 69th

Alan Dugdales Moustache

The size of stadium argument is completely irrelevant
The size of the stadium is an indicatiion of the depth to which the club has subsequently fallen. Highfield road was a lesser stadium but had we stayed there we might still be in the championship. The ricoh stadium , in our case, is relevant.

Grendel

The size of the stadium is an indicatiion of the depth to which the club has subsequently fallen. Highfield road was a lesser stadium but had we stayed there we might still be in the championship. The ricoh stadium , in our case, is relevant.

It has no factor in achievement or otherwise

Users who are viewing this thread