Unbelievable!!! (1 Viewer)

robbiethemole

This is from a Sunderland thread..nuff said

At game 34. ( the point at which all clubs had completed the same games , and not requiring flawed ppg )

1. Cov 67 + 18
2. Roth 62 + 25
-----------------------------
3. Pomp 59 + 17
4. Fleet 59 + 13
5. Wyc 59 + 5
6. Sun 58 + 18
--------------------------------
7. Oxf 57 + 23
8. Peter 56 + 26

That is a much fairer way of doing things .

Grendel

fernandopartridge

At game 34. ( the point at which all clubs had completed the same games , and not requiring flawed ppg )

1. Cov 67 + 18
2. Roth 62 + 25
3. Pomp 59 + 17
4. Fleet 59 + 13
5. Wyc 59 + 5
6. Sun 58 + 18
7. Oxf 57 + 23
8. Peter 56 + 26

In some respects I agree with them, it is the fairest way if all teams had played 34 games exactly, but they hadn't

Sent from my ELE-L29 using Tapatalk

Grendel

In some respects I agree with them, it is the fairest way if all teams had played 34 games exactly, but they hadn't

Sent from my ELE-L29 using Tapatalk

It’s why the Premier league are playing the two fixtures they are first to balance the league

Grendel

Very obvious difference being they're making sure everyone will have played the same number of games not proposing to ignore games that have already taken place.

They want to balance fixtures - if Sheffield United win the game and then it’s all called off they are in the champions league

Sick Boy

They want to balance fixtures - if Sheffield United win the game and then it’s all called off they are in the champions league
They’ve had an incredible season, I can’t remember the poster who told me they’d end up towards the relegation zone not that long ago.

RFC

1. Cov 67 + 18
2. Roth 62 + 25
3. Pomp 59 + 17
4. Fleet 59 + 13
5. Wyc 59 + 5
6. Sun 58 + 18
7. Oxf 57 + 23
8. Peter 56 + 26

RFC

Unbelievable! That might be a consideration if we’d ALL played 34 games. Give me strength!

BornSlippySkyBlue

1. Cov 67 + 18
2. Roth 62 + 25
3. Pomp 59 + 17
4. Fleet 59 + 13
5. Wyc 59 + 5
6. Sun 58 + 18
7. Oxf 57 + 23
8. Peter 56 + 26

How can it be any fairer when we’ve all payed a different 34 games, some have played teams once, some twice, some have played more home games, some more away, some more against top clubs, some bottom etc etc? There simply is not a ‘fair’ way of doing it now (including playing
on) and PPG (personally, weighted PPG, but I can see where that could cause more legal arguments) is still my preferred outcome.

After 34 games is as batshit as some of the other methods. I was one of the overconfident ones about us winning the league, and nailed my colours to the mast a while back, but playing on now is not the same thing as playing through was for all of the reasons mentioned a gazillion times elsewhere.

We don’t have time or finances to safely and fairly play out the entire rest of the season, so pick a method and make it happen EFL!*

* as long as we win the league and get promoted.

kg82

Does it matter?! It’s a guy/girl on a forum that’s come up with a suggestion, shooting the shit with other fans of his/her club and doesn’t affect us in any way.... we’re still there, right at the top!

SkyBlueSid

The simple reason that this idea would be unfair is that some games would be disregarded. Even worse, they would be the most recent games for those who had played more than 34. The imitation Geordies clutching at straws again.

CCFC88

The beautiful thing from a Sunderland standpoint is they only have themselves to blame, that Tuesday night before it was all pulled, all they had to do was beat Bristol Rovers and theyd have been sat pretty in 3rd.

Now they will finish in (what I believe is their lowest ever league position) 8th in Div 3, and rightly so.

Users who are viewing this thread