Unbeaten runs (1 Viewer)

tisza

9 unbeaten in league. Not sure I remember a run this long. What is our longest unbeaten league run?

The Great Eastern

Promotion year to top tier in 66/67... Think we lost at home to Huddersfield around November or December time then went unbeaten to the end of the season. Don't know if that's the record or not ?

Briles

Weve lost 1 of our last 17 games

Gibbo

Promotion year to top tier in 66/67... Think we lost at home to Huddersfield around November or December time then went unbeaten to the end of the season. Don't know if that's the record or not ?

We lost to Crystal Palace at home, and JH dropped our marquee signing Ian Gibson (pictured left!). We then lost away as well (Huddersfield if you say so, I can't remember). JH then reinstated Gibbo for the home game against Cardiff. He ripped them apart. The 3-2 scoreline flattered Cardiff, for whom Toshack scored twice very late. The unbeaten run lasted 25 games from then to the end of the season.

For my generation of City fan, Gibbo was a God. At that time, we had blokes in sky blue shirts walking around the touchline selling soup (those were the days), known as "Soupy Sam". That was until Gibbo looked up and laced a superb crossfield pass.....straight to Soupy Sam

I know I've posted this before, but there you go...

Users who are viewing this thread