Umm........now maybe I am being a bit thick... (1 Viewer)

Otis

But how does Uber Eats work in terms of vouchers?

They have the weirdest deal right now. Spend £5 and get up to £15 off. Doesn't make sense to me.

Anyway, deal runs out today and my daughter has been urging me to try it and wanted German Doner Kebab.

So......placed the order......

Came to £13.98. Amount to pay......zero.

Huh?

Screenshot_20200331-193305.png

I added a £2 tip. So, to pay £2.

Confused.

lordsummerisle

They have the weirdest deal right now. Spend £5 and get up to £15 off. Doesn't make sense to me.

Anyway, deal runs out today and my daughter has been urging me to try it and wanted German Doner Kebab.

Huh?

View attachment 14725

Confused.

Ask them for £1.02 back, ripping you off!

Grendel

I’m guessing here but did you have to ok the deal?

Otis

I’m guessing here but did you have to ok the deal?
You just added the promotion code and it deducted it.

Cannot see anything in the small print at all about any commitment.

Going to take another look.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Huh?

View attachment 14725

Confused.

Highlighted the relevant bit. If you don't spend £15 then they just say you owe nothing. If you wanted the full £15 you should've added something else into the basket to take it above that level and paid the difference. T&C usually don't include extras like tips/delivery.

The £5 thing seems weird but it's probably just a minimum spend to stop people taking the piss and ordering a side salad for delivery etc.just to be an arse.

Last edited:

Otis

Highlighted the relevant bit. If you don't spend £15 then they just say you owe nothing. If you wanted the full £15 you should've added something else into the basket to take it above that level and paid the difference. T&C usually don't include extras like tips/delivery.

The £5 thing seems weird but it's probably just a minimum spend to stop people taking the piss and ordering a side salad for delivery etc.just to be an arse.
No, I didn't want to get the full £15. Just wanted some food with a bit of a discount.

I also thought I would tip the delivery person, wondering if they didn't get paid otherwise.

Marty

That's a strange offer, whats the promo code? wouldn't mind a Chinese at the weekend.

Grendel

Seems just a quirky offer then

I only asked as I never look at my credit card account but once I noticed I’d some direct debit on it for £15. Long story but the credit card company said it was a voucher company and i probably signed up to a pop up offer which then tied you into a monthly payment

Bit embarrassing as the credit card company found I’d been paying for nearly 3 years

Users who are viewing this thread