UK Prisons (1 Viewer)

bringbackrattles

Yeah it gave me a wake up call, I used to fight a fair bit when I was younger which I regret now. I still had a few incidents after that but realised it just wasn't worth it and was lucky not to walk away with an actual conviction.
I know now walking away/avoiding fights takes courage, but back then I wouldn't. But then you get a reputation, so its a never ending circle of aggro. I not only ended up inside 3 times,but hospital twice by getting jumped on by blokes after revenge or just drunk and wanting trouble.
What a shitty life it was ! But hey I lived to tell my tale !

Captain Dart

I'd happily lock more up and for longer. In fact I'd make prison building a national industry if there aren't enough spaces. Despite the odd example like BBR mamy don' rehabilitate and I'm not convinced a number of them want to. Never worked a day in their life and from parents who were the same just expect everything to fall their way and if not they'll take it anyhow. More chance of a custodial for a longer and harder time is still the best deterrent imo. It certainly wouldn' cost £70k pa in my ideology too as it wouldn't be rewards just do your time and if you come back you'll get longer.
I figure a lot start behaving only once they get a bit older.

Nick

Administrator
I know now walking away/avoiding fights takes courage, but back then I wouldn't. But then you get a reputation, so its a never ending circle of aggro. I not only ended up inside 3 times,but hospital twice by getting jumped on by blokes after revenge or just drunk and wanting trouble.
What a shitty life it was ! But hey I lived to tell my tale !

I think it's a lot different now too. Back then you would probably have a fight and that would be that but now it's all knives, guns and acid rather than bruises and dented pride.

bringbackrattles

I think it's a lot different now too. Back then you would probably have a fight and that would be that but now it's all knives, guns and acid rather than bruises and dented pride.
Think you're right Nick. But sadly you can never really shake off the past. Only two years ago a bloke in a pub who was drunk, said to me that I'd hit him, and he hasn't forgotten it. I said when was that then ? In the pub in 1976 ! We were both in our twenties back then. Anyway because he had his mates with him and I was on my own he got cocky. I told him to forget about it, it was so long ago, but no he wouldn't let it go. In the end his mates said settle it outside, so I said okay then. I didn't want to fight but the whole pub were looking on so I thought sod it I can't back down now. I went outside first expecting him to come out throwing punches. After a couple of minutes of waiting one of his mates came out and said he was only joking and to forget it ! He showed himself up big time there.
But it shows your past does appear again at times, even when you least expect it.

fernandopartridge

Think you're right Nick. But sadly you can never really shake off the past. Only two years ago a bloke in a pub who was drunk, said to me that I'd hit him, and he hasn't forgotten it. I said when was that then ? In the pub in 1976 ! We were both in our twenties back then. Anyway because he had his mates with him and I was on my own he got cocky. I told him to forget about it, it was so long ago, but no he wouldn't let it go. In the end his mates said settle it outside, so I said okay then. I didn't want to fight but the whole pub were looking on so I thought sod it I can't back down now. I went outside first expecting him to come out throwing punches. After a couple of minutes of waiting one of his mates came out and said he was only joking and to forget it ! He showed himself up big time there.
But it shows your past does appear again at times, even when you least expect it.

What a wanker that bloke sounds and looks. I hope his mates took the piss out of him.

Users who are viewing this thread