UK Immigration - The Facts (1 Viewer)

Gazolba

Interesting discussion. What do you think?

OffenhamSkyBlue

That's a pile of horseshit. There are no facts, official or otherwise, because they have NO accurate way of measuring the number of people entering and leaving the country. FWIW, i think the country benefits from being more diverse and multi-cultural (and NEEDS foreign workers), EXCEPT when it comes to formation of gangs (native OR otherwise) who think they rule the streets.
And if people come here and commit crime, they are not deserving of the welcome they have been shown, and should be shipped back to where they came from (whether they arrived legally or not). I don't include people who were born here in that - they should face the CJ system here (such as it is).

Philosorapter

The host was a member of UKIP and currently sits on the London Assembly. The idea that this is video is going to be a balanced view featuring all sides of the debate will be questionable.

Host is definitely on the right hand side of politics but this again doesn't mean we shouldn't listen to him but should keep in mind the obvious that an agenda is being sold here.

Migration Watch UK also describes themselves as an independent think tank but many people describe it as a right wing pressure group.

Again this doesn't mean we should not listen to what is being said but there is not going to be a lot of balance featuring all sides of the debate.

For an analogy it is like describing Fox News as fair and balanced.

Last edited:

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

The host was a member of UKIP and currently sits on the London Assembly. The idea that this is video is going to be a balanced view featuring all sides of the debate will be questionable.

Host is definitely on the right hand side of politics but this again doesn't mean we shouldn't listen to him but should keep in mind the obvious that an agenda is being sold here.

Migration Watch UK also describes themselves as an independent think tank but many people describe it as a right wing pressure group.

Again this doesn't mean we should not listen to what is being said but there is not going to be a lot of balance featuring all sides of the debate.

For an analogy it is like describing Fox News as fair and balanced.

Fox News is fair and balanced - those chickens are sneaky little bastards and deserve everything they get.

shmmeee

I don't know why Fox News gets all the negative spin. CNN and co are just as twisted and biased but just on the other side of the political spectrum.

Not sure about that. Maybe a bit since Trump came in. Fox have been the first and worst offenders for a lot of the modern media tropes that are fucking up news.

Philosorapter

Not sure about that. Maybe a bit since Trump came in. Fox have been the first and worst offenders for a lot of the modern media tropes that are fucking up news.

MSNBC has taken Fox's business strategy of leaning to one political side.

Gazolba

That's a pile of horseshit. There are no facts, official or otherwise, because they have NO accurate way of measuring the number of people entering and leaving the country. FWIW, i think the country benefits from being more diverse and multi-cultural (and NEEDS foreign workers), EXCEPT when it comes to formation of gangs (native OR otherwise) who think they rule the streets.
<snip>
You say "that's a pile of horseshit" because there are no hard facts, then you say "i think the country benefits from being more diverse and multi-cultural' which is also not supported by any hard facts!
Here's an alternative view on multiculturalism:

OffenhamSkyBlue

I was giving my opinion from having lived in a multicultural England my whole life (55, by the way), not making out it was factual. I wasn't having a go at you, Gaz - just the article.

hill83

You say "that's a pile of horseshit" because there are no hard facts, then you say "i think the country benefits from being more diverse and multi-cultural' which is also not supported by any hard facts!
Here's an alternative view on multiculturalism:

Well I wouldn’t be alive to post my incredible gifs and top of the range jokes. So there’s the only benefit you need.

Users who are viewing this thread