UHCW Panorama Monday 20 April at 7:30 pm (1 Viewer)

David O'Day

What are they covering? The police applause every Thursday?
Only scary thing up there.

Really what are panorama going to cover? It's really busy but it's well under capacity.

I think the tv companies are desperate to try and milk this for all it is worth

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

David O'Day

300 spare beds.

Pretty much the whole of the Midlands is handling well apart from Wolverhampton so I hear.

NEC probably won't be needed.
I hear it may be used as a step down if needed much like the one in Manchester

LastGarrison

Good news either way.

Have to say though I went shopping yesterday and there was people everywhere. Almost seemed like a normal Friday.

Just hoping people don't fuck this up.

David O'Day

It wasn't too bad on the thursday. But yes I hope people aren't starting to crack. That is why you need to give them hope of a way out

MalcSB

I wish I hadn’t bothered now, foolishly I thought people might be interested in how their local hospital has responded to the challenge.

LastGarrison

I wish I hadn’t bothered now, foolishly I thought people might be interested in how their local hospital has responded to the challenge.
Eh?

Don't think anyone was having a go and more genuinely interested in what they are covering. Probably more suspicious of Panorama than anything else.

shmmeee

This threads very confusing.

What’s the Panorama about? I thought UHCW was doing quite well

chiefdave

Four weeks into the government’s lockdown to save lives and protect the NHS, Jane Corbin reports from the frontline to tell the inside story of a Coventry hospital coping with Covid-19. She hears from doctors and nurses saving lives and dealing with death every day and asks if there is enough protective equipment and testing to help protect them from the daily risks to their own health.

David O'Day

Eh?

Don't think anyone was having a go and more genuinely interested in what they are covering. Probably more suspicious of Panorama than anything else.
That's actually the point I made in my first post

fernandopartridge

300 spare beds means that there are fair number of people now missing treatment that might prolong their life. I doubt the people running the Trust are looking at it that way.

God knows what the waiting times for treatment will be like if we ever get back to anything normal.

Sky Blue Pete

300 spare beds means that there are fair number of people now missing treatment that might prolong their life. I doubt the people running the Trust are looking at it that way.

God knows what the waiting times for treatment will be like if we ever get back to anything normal.
Such a difficult balance isn’t it? The poor daughter talking about her father. Came home on the Friday and died overnight on the Sunday. Won’t be included in the stats as not in hospital but also gosh how quick and he was about 51 I think so no age
Saw only 493 positive tests in coventry I was seeing.

David O'Day

Such a difficult balance isn’t it? The poor daughter talking about her father. Came home on the Friday and died overnight on the Sunday. Won’t be included in the stats as not in hospital but also gosh how quick and he was about 51 I think so no age
Saw only 493 positive tests in coventry I was seeing.
People need to present at hospital as needed. The NHS can cope and the way admissions are set up.npw us you'll never be anywhere near any covid-19 patients.

wingy

People need to present at hospital as needed. The NHS can cope and the way admissions are set up.npw us you'll never be anywhere near any covid-19 patients.

Yet there have been deaths through early release,111+ poeple simply being reluctant to utilise NHS facility either because they don't want to be a trouble or Mal advised that the risk to them is lower than reality .
Thinking 60-70 age group specifically here

duffer

Only scary thing up there.

Really what are panorama going to cover? It's really busy but it's well under capacity.

I think the tv companies are desperate to try and milk this for all it is worth

It might be a bit more scary if you were on the front line and being asked to risk your safety because of a lack of proper PPE and testing. Or having to work hugely long and stressful shifts, without adequate support or training, because of chronic long term underfunding.

I can’t see why anyone would want to underplay those stories, personally, unless they wanted to hide what an absolute dissembling shambles the Government have made of running the NHS.

If even the Mail and the Daily Telegraph are criticising the Government then it suggests that things have gone badly wrong. I don’t think it’s ‘milking it’ to show the truth of the situation...

David O'Day

It might be a bit more scary if you were on the front line and being asked to risk your safety because of a lack of proper PPE and testing. Or having to work hugely long and stressful shifts, without adequate support or training, because of chronic long term underfunding.

I can’t see why anyone would want to underplay those stories, personally, unless they wanted to hide what an absolute dissembling shambles the Government have made of running the NHS.

If even the Mail and the Daily Telegraph are criticising the Government then it suggests that things have gone badly wrong. I don’t think it’s ‘milking it’ to show the truth of the situation...
What the fuck are you talking about you daft prick?

4 of my closest family are frontline NHS staff so fuck off back to your shed.

rob9872

Presenter saying how difficult to cope in full ppe, complete waste of limited resource.

Sky Blue Pete

Well no social distancing in the senior board meeting or in the car park after work . Not much point wearing ppe and catching it at the board meeting or clapping your colleagues. Bloomin hell

bringbackrattles

Just watched the Panorama programme. Brought back memories for me as both my mum and baby son died there. But even though it was an upsetting time back then ,I've never felt other than admiration for the nurses and all the staff there.My sister has just retired from 50 years of nursing, so I know how hard they work.
They tried their best to save my mother and son's life, but sometimes things are out of their hands. Mega respect !

Mcbean

Tricky isn’t it we have two occasions recently to use an ambulance - in both cases the staff were so professional - my thanks for the nhs are for those people who are dealing with people under stress at a very difficult time -

sort of ironic you might join the army and at some point you might have to put your life on the line and here we have our nurses , doctors and all the support staff in potentially a more dangerous frontline with an unseen enemy

wingy

Tricky isn’t it we have two occasions recently to use an ambulance - in both cases the staff were so professional - my thanks for the nhs are for those people who are dealing with people under stress at a very difficult time -

sort of ironic you might join the army and at some point you might have to put your life on the line and here we have our nurses , doctors and all the support staff in potentially a more dangerous frontline with an unseen enemy
Been pretty extraordinary the willingness of the retirees and accelerated students to join the fray.

bringbackrattles

My sister who is 68 has retired from a long nursing career. Her last job was as a nurse in a care home looking after dementia patients. Anyway she has been enjoying her retirement, but her husband has been unwell so she is now caring for him at home. She told me the care home have contacted her several times asking her if she could come back there ? She has got asthma and just got over shingles, but she said they ignored that and repeatedly asked her to think it over. She is now anxious as she is by nature a caring person and would like to help but her health isn't that good and her husband needs her there. What a dilemma !

wingy

My sister who is 68 has retired from a long nursing career. Her last job was as a nurse in a care home looking after dementia patients. Anyway she has been enjoying her retirement, but her husband has been unwell so she is now caring for him at home. She told me the care home have contacted her several times asking her if she could come back there ? She has got asthma and just got over shingles, but she said they ignored that and repeatedly asked her to think it over. She is now anxious as she is by nature a caring person and would like to help but her health isn't that good and her husband needs her there. What a dilemma !
Yep that's pressure she doesn't need
Sure you're giving her the correct advice

fernandopartridge

She should stay at home with her husband, she is not obliged to put herself and others at risk by working at that care home.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

If she has her own health issues and her husband is unwell I think she'd be best to ignore the call and focus on herself and him. No-one should be judged on putting their family first.

What if she went back and caught it? How looks after her husband while she recovers (or in a worse case scenario if she died?) What if she then passed it on to her husband? These are not risks that are worth taking. I understand she wants to help but family must come first and her family need her just as much.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Yeah. I did like the LD idea of an 'active service' bonus for the NHS for this like the army get. I'd been thinking of how they could be rewarded on a personal level and this seems like a good call.

bringbackrattles

Thanks for the comments to my sister and her going back to work dilemma. I have had a chat with her and she is adamant now that she is staying at home.
I was worried about her as I know what she's like, I call her Florence Nightingale !
Once a nurse always a nurse , prefers looking after others than herself. She stood by me when I was in and out of trouble, so I owe her thanks and gratitude for that.

Users who are viewing this thread