Ugly Vale (1 Viewer)

skyblue4ever

I have to say i think Vale are one of the ugliest rough teams i have seen for a while. It was just constant ariel bombardment and I thought the treatment that they were dishing out.
to Clarke & Wilson was shocking. Wilson was taken out right at the start of the 2ns half and wasnt the same after.

Thought we played some very good sfuff at times today and dont think we deserved to lose.

PUSB

Paddy9239

Played well with the ball, just can't get away with 4.4.2 away, paeticularly with moussa not a defender at all! Need some height too, J Clarke played well today but can't help losing headers when he's under 6 foot.

hill83

The state of the locals too. Fucking Chernobyl. Never seen so many track suit wearing trolls.

shy_tall_knight

Didn't have a great view but thought that a lot of their challenges went unpunished. the challenge on leon at the start of the second half was pre-meditated did their player get booked ?

shmmeee

Dirtiest team I've seen yet and virtually unpunished.

Doesn't excuse the fact that yet again we were found out at half time and had nothing to offer to change the game.

Presley's lack of a Plan B is worrying me.

Sky Blue Harry H

The state of the locals too. Fucking Chernobyl. Never seen so many track suit wearing trolls.

Spot on mate, it really was like a time warp experience - like an 'Ashes to ashes' episode. Stopped outside an offy at at some traffic lights, and Social Services would have had a field day with the locals hanging around the street there. Not too many GCSEs knocking about!

cornoccfc

They were the same in league 2 last season

[video=youtube;7xiSi3lL40s]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7xiSi3lL40s[/video]

Sky Blue Harry H

Was it me, or did that ref realise he'd forgotten how to write for most of the game? He let everything go. On another day Blair Adams would have been sent off, although it was mainly their hatchet men taking liberties(and I can't blame them, 'cos he kept letting them).

SkyblueBazza

I have to say i think Vale are one of the ugliest rough teams i have seen for a while. It was just constant ariel bombardment and I thought the treatment that they were dishing out.
to Clarke & Wilson was shocking. Wilson was taken out right at the start of the 2ns half and wasnt the same after.

Thought we played some very good sfuff at times today and dont think we deserved to lose.

PUSB

And it did a job for them...3pts to our none. It was always going to happen, someone sometime playing strong-arm tactics to beat us. It will happen much more often from now on too I would guess. Now we must settle down for the real battle as we might well toil in through the long winter months that lie ahead.

Ashdown1

Fucking hell absolutely. There was nothing that agricultural today, players make challenges look worse by rolling around like ponces. Truth is, we had a lot more class, but they upped their workrate and game second half and we couldn't deal with it. This sort of game is when you need a few older heads up for the scrap. Our young guns had more finesse but less brawn and sometimes in this League we are going to require a bit of both. Their fans...............all 5,500 were impressive, I like that sort of boisterous support, it certainly aided their comeback. The turnout from Cov was excellent though under the circumstances !!

TheSage

Vale fan here, of many years - one who can remember the last league game we played in 1964 so go easy on me lads!

A few points about today.

I think it's an exaggeration to say that the Vale team were much much worse than the Coventry side today. We committed a similar number of fouls to you (BBC site) and though there were 2-3 hard challenges on Clarke and Wilson (one was accidental I think) that went unpunished, there were also a couple of incidents when our right back and right winger were taken out just as aggressively.

We are a more physical team because our players man for man are not as skilful as yours - fact. All teams will try and pressurise you and 'get stuck in' and stop you from playing because otherwise your ability on the ball and quick movement will come out on top always. As Bazza says above, you have to live with it in Div 1 and toughen up a little bit.

I thought your team were wonderful in the first half. Clarke drops deep, the wide men are both excellent and you have an outstanding right back. The lad Wilson has rocket heels and scored a wonderful cool breakaway goal. All credit to you.

But how you contrived to lose the game I don't know. It could have been 1-4 at half time, but equally the second half could have been 6-1 to Port Vale. You seemed to be complacent and lacking a leader on the pitch. Once our sub Williamson came on the defence caved in and you threw away what was a certain victory after 45 minutes.

The classy way you play will be entertaining. The movement and speed in the first half was as good as you'll see at this level. But your defending was abysmal after the break, absolutely dire, and you were lucky not to concede more.

Good luck for the rest of the campaign. Your loyal followers deserve success, but less skilful teams in this league won't stand back and admire your brand of football. Adjust quickly and you can go up. If not, it's going to be an up and down campaign for you. But what an entertaining game today.

Hope to see you playing in Coventry again. I always liked Highfield Road.

Kingokings204

We got beat by a good well trained side and that's exactly what you get from Micky adams sides. I have no complaints.

Vale fan here, of many years - one who can remember the last league game we played in 1964 so go easy on me lads!

A few points about today.

I think it's an exaggeration to say that the Vale team were much much worse than the Coventry side today. We committed a similar number of fouls to you (BBC site) and though there were 2-3 hard challenges on Clarke and Wilson (one was accidental I think) that went unpunished, there were also a couple of incidents when our right back and right winger were taken out just as aggressively.

We are a more physical team because our players man for man are not as skilful as yours - fact. All teams will try and pressurise you and 'get stuck in' and stop you from playing because otherwise your ability on the ball and quick movement will come out on top always. As Bazza says above, you have to live with it in Div 1 and toughen up a little bit.

I thought your team were wonderful in the first half. Clarke drops deep, the wide men are both excellent and you have an outstanding right back. The lad Wilson has rocket heels and scored a wonderful cool breakaway goal. All credit to you.

But how you contrived to lose the game I don't know. It could have been 1-4 at half time, but equally the second half could have been 6-1 to Port Vale. You seemed to be complacent and lacking a leader on the pitch. Once our sub Williamson came on the defence caved in and you threw away what was a certain victory after 45 minutes.

The classy way you play will be entertaining. The movement and speed in the first half was as good as you'll see at this level. But your defending was abysmal after the break, absolutely dire, and you were lucky not to concede more.

Good luck for the rest of the campaign. Your loyal followers deserve success, but less skilful teams in this league won't stand back and admire your brand of football. Adjust quickly and you can go up. If not, it's going to be an up and down campaign for you. But what an entertaining game today.

Hope to see you playing in Coventry again. I always liked Highfield Road.

Nice honest summary with no attempt at smugness, thanks for taking the time to post.
Best of luck for the season and look forward to the return match at hopefully The Ricoh.

Spionkop

Tremendous way the Vale fans applauded City fans in second half. Sitting in the big stand on the side I could see they all actually stood up and applauded when the tannoy guy suggested it. Top fans. And they were 'Glad All Over,' too.

jesus-wept

Tremendous way the Vale fans applauded City fans in second half. Sitting in the big stand on the side I could see they all actually stood up and applauded when the tannoy guy suggested it.

Wonder what that smug twat Fisher thought of that, I hope the Port Vale chairman gave him the reception he deserves.

CCFC88

They tried to play football in the first half, our defence, especially wing backs dealt with the threat very well. Adams changed it at half time and they played more direct, got in behind more and offered more of an aerial threat which we couldn't handle.

Fair play to MA, done his homework and had the ability to change things, not ugly just tactically astute

shmmeee

They tried to play football in the first half, our defence, especially wing backs dealt with the threat very well. Adams changed it at half time and they played more direct, got in behind more and offered more of an aerial threat which we couldn't handle.

Fair play to MA, done his homework and had the ability to change things, not ugly just tactically astute

The reason we couldn't handle the aerial threat was because they were holding, pushing, jumping in with elbows every. Single. Time.

The ref caught about 5% of their fouls.

Sorry it's not "toughen up" its "refs should apply the rules of the game". Just cos you're shit at football doesn't mean you can start playing wrestling.

Some of our players could've been injured yesterday from their tactics and two mistimed tackles from Adams don't equate to a whole team who's obvious instructions were "if they get past you, kick em"

CCFC88

The reason we couldn't handle the aerial threat was because they were holding, pushing, jumping in with elbows every. Single. Time.

The ref caught about 5% of their fouls.

Sorry it's not "toughen up" its "refs should apply the rules of the game". Just cos you're shit at football doesn't mean you can start playing wrestling.

Some of our players could've been injured yesterday from their tactics and two mistimed tackles from Adams don't equate to a whole team who's obvious instructions were "if they get past you, kick em"

You cant expect to be wrapped up in cotton wool in this league, SP knows that along with every layer in the team, if you go into a league one game expecting free kicks for every push and hold then youre deluded.

You play to the refs rules and to his whistle, if youre gunna whinge and moan about refs then youre n the wrong game

Users who are viewing this thread