UEFA / FIFA (4 Viewers)

Evo1883

Think for European finals it should be decided at the semi final point where the game should be held, in terms of the economic effects it would allow for a middle ground between 4 clubs and their nations

Frank Sidebottom

Think for European finals it should be decided at the semi final point where the game should be held, in terms of the economic effects it would allow for a middle ground between 4 clubs and their nations
But then it would almost always be somewhere in Spain, Portugal, England, France, Italy, Germany or Netherlands.

Terry Gibson's perm

But then it would almost always be somewhere in Spain, Portugal, England, France, Italy, Germany or Netherlands.

Which surely is sensible as these are countries people can actually get to without airlines ramping up the prices as all are fairly accessible.

Reactions: vow

Sick Boy

Ha, I reckon a few might get a shock when they expect to behave like it's the Ricoh or England and get a baton wrapped round their head!

Over in Italy you don’t even get police or stewards in the stands and can enjoy a beer, its brilliant!

Grendel

Over in Italy you don’t even get police or stewards in the stands and can enjoy a beer, its brilliant!

Football violence in Italy and racism is far more extreme than England though surely?

Frank Sidebottom

Which surely is sensible as these are countries people can actually get to without airlines ramping up the prices as all are fairly accessible.
Is that a problem?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

So no finals at grounds like The Millennium stadium or the Aviva?

With Baku the issue isn't airlines ramping up prices it's that there is 1 direct flight a week from the UK and probably similar from most of Western Europe. If UEFA are going to choose such venues they need to ensure that fans can get there.

Reactions: vow

Sick Boy

Football violence in Italy and racism is far more extreme than England though surely?

Football violence is far more extreme in Italy? Based upon what? I'd say you're more likely to see violence at games over in the UK than here. The nearest I have seen to violence here is walking through the Napoli firm with my cousins from Limerick.

The issue with racism needs dealing with but it is still a minority and usually members of the far-right, everyday supporters are no different to fans over in the UK.

CJ_covblaze

Not in UEFA fixtures you can’t. It’s the 0% stuff only within a few hundred yards of the stadium.

Sick Boy

Not in UEFA fixtures you can’t. It’s the 0% stuff only within a few hundred yards of the stadium.

Different rules, I guess.

In the domestic league there's bars within the concourse and people walking around selling half litres in the stand. You can take drinks out onto the terraces without any problems whatsoever.

SkyblueBazza

So no finals at grounds like The Millennium stadium or the Aviva?

With Baku the issue isn't airlines ramping up prices it's that there is 1 direct flight a week from the UK and probably similar from most of Western Europe. If UEFA are going to choose such venues they need to ensure that fans can get there.
No the issue I raised was having fans travelling so bloody far for a final in the current climate change/carbon footprint vogue. The reason is they set the final a year or two in advance rather than once they know who the semi-finalists are.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

CJ_covblaze

Different rules, I guess.

In the domestic league there's bars within the concourse and people walking around selling half litres in the stand. You can take drinks out onto the terraces without any problems whatsoever.

You can in them yeah. I’m not quite sure why you can’t here. Would it cause that many problems?

Grendel

Football violence is far more extreme in Italy? Based upon what? I'd say you're more likely to see violence at games over in the UK than here. The nearest I have seen to violence here is walking through the Napoli firm with my cousins from Limerick.

The issue with racism needs dealing with but it is still a minority and usually members of the far-right, everyday supporters are no different to fans over in the UK.

Sounds lovely - I’ve not heard monkey chants in a uk game for years thankfully

Matteo Salvini mocks move to tackle racism in Italian football

Italy facing racism 'epidemic' says, FARE chief - Reuters

CJ_covblaze

It’s confirmed that Mkhitaryan won’t be be able to play in the final. How can UEFA allow the final of one of it’s competitions in a country where players and I assume entire teams can not enter? Azerbaijan are hosting the Euros next year. With the way how qualifying is done through the current groups and play offs it’s more than possible. What happens if Armenia qualify and get drawn to play there?

chiefdave

It’s confirmed that Mkhitaryan won’t be be able to play in the final. How can UEFA allow the final of one of it’s competitions in a country where players and I assume entire teams can not enter? Azerbaijan are hosting the Euros next year. With the way how qualifying is done through the current groups and play offs it’s more than possible. What happens if Armenia qualify and get drawn to play there?
They will just say it was the decision of the player and club not UEFA.

Instead of leaving him out Arsenal should have forced the issue and said they won’t play at all if their players aren’t safe.

Even better if the other English teams also refused to play, UEFA would have to address the issue then.

clint van damme

Spoken to an Arsenal fan at work and he's not bothered about him playing.

Personally I think it's out of order, but if he's not a key player...?

it's not really the point is it?
UEFA are holding the final of a tournament in a country where one of the finalists cant' select a player because of concerns over his safety, it's a joke.

ccfc92

it's not really the point is it?
UEFA are holding the final of a tournament in a country where one of the finalists cant' select a player because of concerns over his safety, it's a joke.

Oh I agree, I was just saying Arsenal fan/s mentality.

Mind you, have you seen Arsenal Fans TV...

Users who are viewing this thread