U23s vs Birmingham City U23s (1 Viewer)

SlowerThanPlatt

Bapaga and Bilson played well but I was impressed with Ngandu today who played in an unfamiliar role in front of the defence and the Blues commentators were impressed by all his action performance. Seems to have really come on from last year where he looked a boy playing in the 23s at the times.

Worth noting the right back Blaine Rowe, Bapaga and Ngandu are all still eligible for the U18s as well so FA Youth Cup team looks interesting

jordan210

Mason looked pretty fresh for someone coming back from injury.

Was still making runs late on. Hopefully her should be fully fit soon

lifeskyblue

I get what people are saying re Mason; he is the more accomplished left back of the two but I just want to put a word in for McCallum. He stepped in at right back when Dabo suspended; a big ask for a youngster to play out of position in his first full game of the season. He has covered for Mason whilst injured and has done an admirable job; I though JCH tried to bully him in the Bristol game but McCallum stood up well. He came on near the end at Portsmouth and his long throw set up the equaliser. Yes he was caught out in a couple games by lightening pace...most notably when up against a £25million winger. But overall a very solid performer and his performances have ensured Mason hasn’t been as missed as many feared.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grendel

I get what people are saying re Mason; he is the more accomplished left back of the two but I just want to put a word in for McCallum. He stepped in at right back when Dabo suspended; a big ask for a youngster to play out of position in his first full game of the season. He has covered for Mason whilst injured and has done an admirable job; I though JCH tried to bully him in the Bristol game but McCallum stood up well. He came on near the end at Portsmouth and his long throw set up the equaliser. Yes he was caught out in a couple games by lightening pace...most notably when up against a £25million winger. But overall a very solid performer and his performances have ensured Mason hasn’t been as missed as many feared.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

McCallum didn’t play against Bristol Rovers

Frostie

He has to Barwell but as they are only part time he can still play (in non competitive games) and train with us

Exactly.

Thought he was very good too. 1 or 2 ill judged attempts at coming for crosses but some excellent saves second half.
The deflected shot that he somehow tipped over the bar was top drawer.

SlowerThanPlatt

Exactly.

Thought he was very good too. 1 or 2 ill judged attempts at coming for crosses but some excellent saves second half.
The deflected shot that he somehow tipped over the bar was top drawer.

We signed him after he was released by Leicester at 16...always looked pretty decent to me whenever I’ve seen him. I was surprised the club gave Addai an extension last season when I felt it would have been beneficial for Bilson to get games to develop instead.

On a side note, according to Jim Brown, William Bapaga’s DOB is 3/11/02 so two months and he’ll be at the age he can sign professional terms. You could tell today why Robins wanted him to get him around the first team as quick as possible. So positive and direct, hopefully he sees his future here..we can’t do much more than we have.

Users who are viewing this thread