U23 v Wigan at Higgs Mon 1pm (1 Viewer)

TomRad85

Godden and Kelly have shown the likes of Shipley and Bright how it should be done in the 23’s this season

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This is what I was saying in the Sheffield Utd U23 game. First teamers or first team hopefuls should I say, should stick out a mile really.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Grendel

Godden and Kelly have shown the likes of Shipley and Bright how it should be done in the 23’s this season

Well to be fair even turning up would be a start

rexo87

Tbh Shippers hasn't had many chances in the U23s
He started well against Sheff Utd but faded as the game went on

Shipley has played the last few before this. Saw him at the Higgs a few weeks ago when he was average at best. He was awful against SUFC in my opinion.

SBchimp

A decent performance from the team today. MG took his goals very well showed FT what is required to be at the next level. Wigan were very good and will feel a bit hard done by the result. Special mention for Tyler in goal who made a number of important saves to keep us in the game. And a Howley for filling in very well as a CB.

better days

A decent performance from the team today. MG took his goals very well showed FT what is required to be at the next level. Wigan were very good and will feel a bit hard done by the result. Special mention for Tyler in goal who made a number of important saves to keep us in the game. And a Howley for filling in very well as a CB.
I heard Wigan were putting it about a bit
Unusual for an U23 game
Couldn't get there today

Frostie

How did we line up mate?

JAM See

How did we line up mate?
I'd say 442, but to be honest I was mostly on Goddenwatch.

As has been said before about potential first teamers stepping down, him and Jodi really wanted it.

That's compared to Shipley and Bright when I saw them against Sheffield Wednesday.

rob9872

Brilliant, so Shippers even getting pelters in an u23 game now, one that he wasn't part of due to us being light in midfield and required for the bench on Wednesday so couldn't be risked. Always turned up, always trained hard, yet now lumped in half a dozen posts on here with Bright and people say I have an agenda ffs! I'll trust MR's opinion thankfully.

higgs

Is shippers out of contract in the summer? I was hoping he would be a regular Irish international when he was doing so well in league one doesn't seem to have stepped up to the championship level but still would be a good signing for a league one team

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

rob9872

Is shippers out of contract in the summer? I was hoping he would be a regular Irish international when he was doing so well in league one doesn't seem to have stepped up to the championship level but still would be a good signing for a league one team

He is - got a 1 year option in the club's favour, but doubt they'll take it if we're either promoted or they think they can't command a fee and now that he's 24 no tribunal. At this level they might want to trigger it as he's a cheaper squad option, but he needs to be playing more regularly really so I assume will move on.

better days

Brilliant, so Shippers even getting pelters in an u23 game now, one that he wasn't part of due to us being light in midfield and required for the bench on Wednesday so couldn't be risked. Always turned up, always trained hard, yet now lumped in half a dozen posts on here with Bright and people say I have an agenda ffs! I'll trust MR's opinion thankfully.
I like Shippers
Thought he started really well against Sheffield Utd but I was surprised he didn't take the game by the scruff of the neck like Kelly did when he played for the U23s

rob9872

I like Shippers
Thought he started really well against Sheffield Utd but I was surprised he didn't take the game by the scruff of the neck like Kelly did when he played for the U23s
Why were you surprised though? Tbf I've never seen him take any game by the scruff of the neck, it's not his style. I doubt he would even if he dropped a couple of levels, but still capable of looking good occasionally even a level up from us (imo of course)

better days

Why were you surprised though? Tbf I've never seen him take any game by the scruff of the neck, it's not his style. I doubt he would even if he dropped a couple of levels, but still capable of looking good occasionally even a level up from us (imo of course)
Tbh when you're a senior pro playing u23 the young guys look to you for guidance and inspiration
First 25 minutes against SU he looked the part and I thought he'd really boss things

higgs

He must be struggling being a bit part player now having been a regular starter in the past

Users who are viewing this thread