U23 v Millwall (1 Viewer)

SBAndy

I think at this level now, we need to develop better relationships with lower League teams and loan them out for experience. Similar to Eccles so they can prove themselves in the men's game. Reality is, they won't get many chances in our team now unless they are exceptional or through injury

Agreed, and we could do with focussing on a team with a similar playing philosophy so that they’re developed in the correct manner. Always bemused me that more teams don’t do this.

SkyBlueSoul

Can’t believe no-one has put this in here yet. The guy live tweeting from the official account had a mare

16eb913d9f70b45d095495e2dc8799d5.jpg

SlowerThanPlatt

Sounds like Jobello and Hilssner might be overstaying their welcome…

“Ultimately, you can’t force people to do things they don’t want to do. If they feel they want to stay and wait, then that’s their prerogative.

“But from my perspective, they need to be playing football and need to be doing that as soon as they possibly can do.

better days

Sounds like Jobello and Hilssner might be overstaying their welcome…

Although we are all Coventry fans you have to feel sorry for them, Hilssner in particular
I believe it was expected that they would leave once their squad numbers were taken away and they were banished to the Higgs
But on a human level how are they going to support their families with no income?
Football is a ruthless business but a contract has to be honoured by both sides

Grendel

Although we are all Coventry fans you have to feel sorry for them, Hilssner in particular
I believe it was expected that they would leave once their squad numbers were taken away and they were banished to the Higgs
But on a human level how are they going to support their families with no income?

Id lobe to know the thought process on signing Hillsner. It almost harks back to when we had Evotshok or whatever his name was he was treated like shite here and was signed in pretty odd circumstances

Brighton Sky Blue

The longer they stagnate in the reserves the less appealing they are to anyone. Such a sad waste of money

Skybluebeliever

Id lobe to know the thought process on signing Hillsner. It almost harks back to when we had Evotshok or whatever his name was he was treated like shite here and was signed in pretty odd circumstances
They realised straight away Hilßner was not going to work, a lot do with fitness levels and the way we played , he was also brought in on a championship contract so a lot was expected , I do think there has been a rethink on the thought process behind players being recruited directly from abroad and interesting this year I don’t think we recruited any ( I’m sure someone will tell me if I’m wrong)

Grendel

They realised straight away Hilßner was not going to work, a lot do with fitness levels and the way we played , he was also brought in on a championship contract so a lot was expected , I do think there has been a rethink on the thought process behind players being recruited directly from abroad and interesting this year I don’t think we recruited any ( I’m sure someone will tell me if I’m wrong)

we couldn’t due to Brexit restrictions on work permits

Grendel

The model from abroad can work (subject to the right to work etc) but we have to have the set up to do proper due diligence.

It would not have worked with any of these signings other than probably Hamer

better days

A great shame
He's apparently a really nice guy
I think you're right though, we are still taking overseas players but only those already in the UK with other ckubs

Grendel

SkyBlueGuy

A great shame
He's apparently a really nice guy
I think you're right though, we are still taking overseas players but only those already in the UK with other ckubs

I don't normally have access to any inside info, but I did recently speak to someone who I would guess is "ITK" (although to what extent, I really don't know) who suggested this, but also said he is considered lazy... Would this square with your understanding?

better days

I don't normally have access to any inside info, but I did recently speak to someone who I would guess is "ITK" (although to what extent, I really don't know) who suggested this, but also said he is considered lazy... Would this square with your understanding?
I think that might be part of it
Some in management may think he's lazy but I remember he had an asthma type issue when he first came that stopped him training properly
But once you get a reputation it's sometimes impossible to recover

Gibbo

Surely you would to collect the data of the other 91 clubs and see where we rank to get a reflection of performance?

Like this

That means diddly squat if it doesn't produce players for the club. I 'd rather have a couple of good players than any seal ofapproval from the EFL. But they haven't produced any players have they

Philosorapter

XlJ68.gif

I think there may be a way to weigh the differences between the separate leagues around Europe and therefore clubs and players.

Long shot but could work.

Users who are viewing this thread