U23 v Millwall (2 Viewers)

SlowerThanPlatt

Good to see Howley back so soon, he got injured Wales 19s v Croatia and couldn’t play any further part in the games

TomRad85

This Alabi guy is a mystery, comes and goes every so often despite saying he’s signed for the club
His Instagram suggests he is with us but it's a bit odd I agree. I thought he had a relative on here who could probably confirm.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

better days

Bet they will be needed for Weds night on the bench?

Would think they would need some match sharpness though.
Think Jones and Godden are likely to be involved on Wednesday
Godden is always a threat and Jones was apparently very good in the game v Salford
I guess McCarthy is planning to make it hard for O'Hare and Hamer so Robins might want another option up his sleeve late on

Reactions: vow

Skybluebeliever

Think Jones and Godden are likely to be involved on Wednesday
Godden is always a threat and Jones was apparently very good in the game v Salford
I guess McCarthy is planning to make it hard for O'Hare and Hamer so Robins might want another option up his sleeve late on
Will be an interesting who’s on bench on weds
If Kelly’ comes through today expect him to be on the bench

who would drop out Jody Jones ?

better days

Will be an interesting who’s on bench on weds
If Kelly’ comes through today expect him to be on the bench

who would drop out Jody Jones ?
Not sure of thinking at the moment but a good chance Jones would be on the bench
I'd guess he'd be playing for the U23s today otherwise
Be surprised if Kelly is involved Wednesday
I suspect we are bringing him back gradually as he had a bad dose of covid so it will take a while to rebuild his strength and stamina

Evo1883

2 goals for tavares , wonder how far off he is from getting 20 minutes in the first team

Might be worth Trying to find him a loan in league 1 second half of the season if not

Terry Gibson's perm

Tavares seems to know where the net is, we have a lot of strikers around the club at the moment and most seem to be in decent enough form.

edgy

Can anyone really see Tav getting a sniff before Godden & Walker? Think he's in a very difficult position personally and will have to bide his time.
Shame we are out of the League Cup as that might've presented an opportunity.

larry_david

I know it's only snippets from u23 games but the highlights make him look VERY good. Pace, skill, either footed, direct.

larry_david

Can anyone really see Tav getting a sniff before Godden & Walker? Think he's in a very difficult position personally and will have to bide his time.
I'd imagine a loan out is the next step. If he's banging them in left right and centre in the u23s, he needs league footy similar to Cashman. League 1 level i'd request if it's possible.

Nick

Administrator

Should have brought him on against Northampton to be fair.

SlowerThanPlatt

The manager doesn’t watch U23 games, young players get a chance if they are holding their own technically and physically against the first team lads in training.

That’s why some players no matter how well they do in the 23s don’t get a chance with the first team

Users who are viewing this thread