Match Thread U23 v Coventry Copsewood FC (Casper & Corey Memorial Cup) (1 Viewer)

Bugsy

Captain Dart

Only there for first half, I thought the Copsewood right back looked decent, I was not overly impressed by any of the U23 players.

The game had a pre season feel.

CCFC54321

Only there for first half, I thought the Copsewood right back looked decent, I was not overly impressed by any of the U23 players.

The game had a pre season feel.
I’m not close to the youth set up but was told recently that there’s going to be a ‘dry spell’ of players coming through for the next couple of years. As I say I’m not close to the youth set up but if that performance tonight was an indication....

Nick

Administrator
I’m not close to the youth set up but was told recently that there’s going to be a ‘dry spell’ of players coming through for the next couple of years. As I say I’m not close to the youth set up but if that performance tonight was an indication....
Told by who?

Captain Dart

It was mostly the U18's wasn't it with a couple of U23s?

Probably.

Also Robins has moved to strengthen the development squad in the close season, if the local scene is a bit flat then the club can recruit from outside.

And another thing a good proportion of the 1st team squad are still under 23, 16 players in this listing.
Coventry City - Club's profile

hamil99

Facebook User

The young lads ngandu and burroughs (sorry if the spellings not quite right) have both been tipped for the top. Ngandu has representted England for sure, and I think burroughs has as well. Think your source is talking tripe

dplzll

The young lads ngandu and burroughs (sorry if the spellings not quite right) have both been tipped for the top. Ngandu has representted England for sure, and I think burroughs has as well. Think your source is talking tripe
The club only signed 6 first year scholars this year , and 4 have already received international recognition , which is outstanding for a club in are position , the second years have also some outstanding players ,so agree this source is talking rubbish.

Nick

Administrator
A MASSIVE Thank you! Coventry Copsewood FC & JFC held two events on Friday evening and all day Saturday at our home on Allard Way. Friday saw our first team play Coventry City (U23s) for the inaugural Corey & Casper Cup, it was a pretty close game that saw CCFC run out 1-0 winners in the 90 minutes, over 600 people attended the game at Allard Way. On Saturday our junior section, Corey’s coaches and team mates held a fun day that included a mini football tournament, bouncy castles, BBQ. The tournament was a great success and the eventual winners were Cov Jag U7 fc beating Coventry Copsewood JFC 3-1 in the final. The purpose of the weekend was to show our love and support to the boys and their family and to raise some money for their chosen Charities. The weekend raised a huge £10000 this includes some support from Barclays Plc, the family will donate this money to their chosen charities (tbc), as well as a permanent memorial to Casper and Corey at Copsewood’s Allard way ground Our club would like to say thank you to everyone that helped this event happen, from the football sections, social club, raffle and auction donors, volunteers, programme printers, PA equipment, announcer, sponsors, St Johns Ambulance, referees and from CCFC Dave Boddy ,Jason Farndon, Mike Reid, and all the players of Coventry City FC (U23s) we look forward to trying to win back the Cup next year - we wish you all the best for the forthcoming season. A special thanks to Bobby Gould who was co manager and had our boys working hard. The biggest thanks goes to all that attended over the two days, without you the event would not have been the great success it has been.

Users who are viewing this thread