Match Thread U23 v Cardiff (1 Viewer)

TomRad85

Good play by Tavares. Nee took a while to get his shot off, probably smothered by a better keeper but good to see him on the score sheet. Looks lively.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

TomRad85

Cracking finish by Tavares. Looks better than Bapaga on this showing. Not sure if I'm disappointed by that.

Frostie

4-1 Tavares took it well. Nice ball from Burroughs. Question marks over keeper but well struck.

better days

Does anyone have any thoughts on whether the current crop of U23s could step into the first team.

It's obviously a much harder task than 3-4 years ago due to the improved first team.
Hard to say as we haven't been able to see most of the games for over 12 months
Joe Newton looked a real prospect when I saw him and he's still only 19 so even though Reid has come in I wouldn't be surpriised to see him kept on
Apparently he's a quiet lad who probably needed time to gain confidence but he shows aggression in games
Ngandu had previously been thought to have a chance but seemed to have gone off the boil
It may be he was in a growth spurt and has come through it as he seems to be doing well again from reports

Frostie

5-1 Newton.
Really good from him. Outjumped a much taller defender to head it to Tavares who tee'd it back to him to finish first time.

TomRad85

3 for Tav, and 2 assists if I'm remembering correctly.

Frostie

6-1
Tavares on a rebound after we got in behind. Their back 3 is really, really slow - Nee & Tavares running rampant.

Last edited:

Ccfcisparks

It's nice to know that we have a clear identity running through the club now, U23's, 18's and first team all on the same footballing page

steve101

Who is playing LWB out of Reid and Newton? In the limited times I have seen Newton he looks a decent footballer with good pace.

Users who are viewing this thread