Match Thread U23 v Cardiff (2 Viewers)

better days

He actually doesn't look that young. Must be hard being a Trailist keeper.
I saw a trialist GK playing for another team a few years ago
He looked a bag of nerves and made mistake after mistake
None of his team mates were even talking to him by the end
Felt terrible for him

TomRad85

All over, 6-1. Tavares and Newton best players on the pitch.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Frostie

Really good second half. Good to see after a sticky start that we were easily able to beat their press & score at will.

Hope McGrath's injury isn't serious, looked a really nasty clash of heads.

skybluesam66

I saw a trialist GK playing for another team a few years ago
He looked a bag of nerves and made mistake after mistake
None of his team mates were even talking to him by the end
Felt terrible for him
at least he was in our play off final team, so it wasnt all bad

Winny the Bish

Newton, Burroughs at RWB and Tavares all impressive. Surprised by Tavares's hold-up play for a smaller striker, you can see he has 1st-team experience and knows how much physicality is needed in the mens game.

Also thought Young looked good when he came on for Ngandu. Very calm on the ball and can turn in tight areas.

Wanted more from Bapaga.

rexo87

Impressed with Burroughs, Reid, Newton, Nee (considering still a scholar). Tavares was absolutely superb. My main concern for him had been his slight build and wasn’t sure whether he would have the strength to make it in the first team. Still needs to bulk up a bit but today with his back to goal was fantastic as was seen with Nee’s goal. Seems a very clever player with lightening pace and was sprinting around just as much in the 90th minute as the 1st. Very exciting prospect

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

better days

Looks like a few have already been told they’re free to find another club to make way for the younger players. Bremang, Bartlett, Williams etc.

Ryan Howley is 17 and many a big club were chasing him before he signed pro here.
Think that's probably right. One or two have probably already sorted their move but nothing can be finalised until the season finishes

Users who are viewing this thread