Match Thread u21s v Charlton Athletic (1 Viewer)

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

I assume as Hall is being referred to by name and not trialist we've actually signed him.

steve101

Adaramola was strapped up (knee and hand) so must be carrying some niggles. I can see why he has potential due to his size and pace. Thought he looked a bit better in a back 4, where positionally it is more clearer.

steve101

Billson - he is a unit. Distribution with his throwing was much better than with his feet. Two good saves. One he did well to tip it from bottom corner. There was a moment where he fumbled a ball but rectified himself.

Lusala - good quick feet, quite skilful. Caught out a bit defensively first half but looked okay

Burroughs - played RCB. Did okay. Went off halftime due to injury

McGrath - strong player with good left foot. Composed and good passer. One moment where he misjudged the ball and striker headed wide.

Reid - LCB first half, then CB in back 4 2nd half. Ended up at LB for the last few minutes. Thought he played very well. Defensively sound and progressive with the ball. He came close to a key pass on a couple of occasions.

Adaramola - linked with Bapaga well in the first half. Very pacey but end product wasn't good. Subbed near the end of going down injured.

Finnegan - CM. Neat and tidy on the ball. Took the free-kick set pieces. Was always looking for the ball. One odd pass that almost gifted them a goal but did okay otherwise

Howley - was very quiet first half. Seemed to lack energy in the middle. A couple of attempted long passes overhit. Some moments after the break where he committed himself better.

Bapaga - thought he was a problem for them throughout. Some great skills and dribbling. Didn't always come off but you could see how he was so highly rated a couple of years ago. Unlucky not to score in final minutes after another mazy run

Cashman - gifted his chance but finished well with left foot. Later hit the post from distance after poor keeper clearance. Technically you can see he is good, with some decent passes. What bothered me was his attitude. He was very lucky not to receive two yellows, the first a petulant kick out after losing the ball. The second one similar but more of a trip. There were occasions where his body language was negative when things didn't go for him - seemingly mentally switching off

Costello - worked his socks off and held the ball up well during the initial exchanges. Had one chance which he dragged wide with his left foot. Was subbed mid second half

Nee - came on initially right wing and then latterly central striker. Had a couple of half chances. Did well to get to the byline a couple times.

Dinanga - comfortable on the ball. Had one effort curl wide

Alabi - big lad. Although a defender he came on up top to use his height

steve101

The likes of Sheaf & Maatsen had a season in the league below, as did CoH when in L1.

It shows where we were shopping when taking a punt on a player with zero games.

No one wins here.
Although Adaramola clearly is not the complete player, he certainly has attributes that can cause opposition problems. He just needs experience to help his positional sense and decision making - like most players his age. I cannot see him as a starter anytime soon but do think he could be effective from the bench.

rexo87

Interesting. Not how I saw it.
Considering Charlton have a Papa John's game so were very young, we were fairly poor. Only one I missed out is Reid who was good actually. Tayo has absolutely no end product and defensively is shockingly out of position. Bapaga frustrates the hell out of me as he's got so much talent but never seems to make the right decision. Cashman looks like he has a real attitude problem. Finnegan kept getting caught on the ball and Mcgrath was shakey which is surprising as he's looked good whenever I've seen him before

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Frostie

Considering Charlton have a Papa John's game so were very young, we were fairly poor. Only one I missed out is Reid who was good actually. Tayo has absolutely no end product and defensively is shockingly out of position. Bapaga frustrates the hell out of me as he's got so much talent but never seems to make the right decision. Cashman looks like he has a real attitude problem. Finnegan kept getting caught on the ball and Mcgrath was shakey which is surprising as he's looked good whenever I've seen him before

Yep, most of Charlton's better youngsters didn't play as they're in the squad for the Pizza Cup tomorrow. I think we'll be disappointed with this performance tbh.

steve101

Tayo's end product was poor. However, he put a perfect ball through for Costello's chance. I would have hoped that Howley would assert himself at this level but I didn't see that, particularly first half.
Although Charlton were a young team, they had some decent players. Kamara and Mitchell I thought stood out for them.

rexo87

Tayo's end product was poor. However, he put a perfect ball through for Costello's chance. I would have hoped that Howley would assert himself at this level but I didn't see that, particularly first half.
Although Charlton were a young team, they had some decent players. Kamara and Mitchell I thought stood out for them.
Mitchell was very good. Unbelievable block at the end

stupot07

Tayo is looking like a real waste of a signing. He's gone from playing in Palace's u23s to ours. I'd say he is probably 4th choice LWB behind Bidwell, Burroughs and Doyle. We should send him back to he can go to league one or two where he will play week in week out. Its a shame for the lad.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Grendel

Although Adaramola clearly is not the complete player, he certainly has attributes that can cause opposition problems. He just needs experience to help his positional sense and decision making - like most players his age. I cannot see him as a starter anytime soon but do think he could be effective from the bench.

We are looking to send him back as soon as we can

higgs

You get away with these type of loans when ur in league one the lads have the talent and just need a bit of guidance and experience but we are in the fucking championship now we can be taking on lads with no first team experience it's suicidal

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

SeaSeeEffCee

Tayo is looking like a real waste of a signing. He's gone from playing in Palace's u23s to ours. I'd say he is probably 4th choice LWB behind Bidwell, Burroughs and Doyle. We should send him back to he can go to league one or two where he will play week in week out. Its a shame for the lad.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
I’m guessing the terms of the loan mean that we can’t send him back until January.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Billson - he is a unit. Distribution with his throwing was much better than with his feet. Two good saves. One he did well to tip it from bottom corner. There was a moment where he fumbled a ball but rectified himself.

Lusala - good quick feet, quite skilful. Caught out a bit defensively first half but looked okay

Burroughs - played RCB. Did okay. Went off halftime due to injury

McGrath - strong player with good left foot. Composed and good passer. One moment where he misjudged the ball and striker headed wide.

Reid - LCB first half, then CB in back 4 2nd half. Ended up at LB for the last few minutes. Thought he played very well. Defensively sound and progressive with the ball. He came close to a key pass on a couple of occasions.

Adaramola - linked with Bapaga well in the first half. Very pacey but end product wasn't good. Subbed near the end of going down injured.

Finnegan - CM. Neat and tidy on the ball. Took the free-kick set pieces. Was always looking for the ball. One odd pass that almost gifted them a goal but did okay otherwise

Howley - was very quiet first half. Seemed to lack energy in the middle. A couple of attempted long passes overhit. Some moments after the break where he committed himself better.

Bapaga - thought he was a problem for them throughout. Some great skills and dribbling. Didn't always come off but you could see how he was so highly rated a couple of years ago. Unlucky not to score in final minutes after another mazy run

Cashman - gifted his chance but finished well with left foot. Later hit the post from distance after poor keeper clearance. Technically you can see he is good, with some decent passes. What bothered me was his attitude. He was very lucky not to receive two yellows, the first a petulant kick out after losing the ball. The second one similar but more of a trip. There were occasions where his body language was negative when things didn't go for him - seemingly mentally switching off

Costello - worked his socks off and held the ball up well during the initial exchanges. Had one chance which he dragged wide with his left foot. Was subbed mid second half

Nee - came on initially right wing and then latterly central striker. Had a couple of half chances. Did well to get to the byline a couple times.

Dinanga - comfortable on the ball. Had one effort curl wide

Alabi - big lad. Although a defender he came on up top to use his height
I thought the final sub was Will Hall?

Users who are viewing this thread