Match Thread U21 v Reading 23 Aug (1 Viewer)

SBchimp

Under 21s start the defence of their title at the Higgs on Tuesday (1pm)

Big question is what will the team be like with yet another blank 1st team weekend.

5 over age players can play. Howley, Doyle and Tayo only 1st team players in the age bracket.

Could be a strong lineup, with Robins wanting to keep players ticking over. 🤷🏻‍♂️

SBchimp

Should be a good game today, expect us to field a strong team and Reading have just dropped down from the Cat1 programme so should also be very strong. They've already played 2 games in the league with one win and one defeat.

ccfc922

Shame there's no markets anywhere, would easier put corners and over 2.5 for first half with that line up 🔥

torchomatic

Quite a few here. Interested to see how Cashman plays.

Briles

Shame there's no markets anywhere, would easier put corners and over 2.5 for first half with that line up 🔥

I've got a tenner on cov through PP

lord_garrincha

To any spectators... Is Hamer going through the motions or is he playing at, relatively, full tilt.

From memory in here, we have had shirkers when they move down to u/23, and it's not been viewed well.

Dominic H

To any spectators... Is Hamer going through the motions or is he playing at, relatively, full tilt.

From memory in here, we have had shirkers when they move down to u/23, and it's not been viewed well.

I don't think I've ever seen Hamer play full tilt, I've only ever known him to go through the motions

Briles

I don't think I've ever seen Hamer play full tilt, I've only ever known him to go through the motions

He has bursts of it but then ends up getting booked

SBT

Me trying to squeeze onto the Cashman hype train:
giphy.gif

torchomatic

Cashman played well. Skilfull, has a good eye for a pass and can be aggressive too. First one a tap-on but linked up well with Tav for the second.

Palace lad is good but his crosses, on the whole, were useless.

LastGarrison

Enjoyed that.

Thought they controlled the first half but we were much better second half.

The Burroughs brothers both played well and also liked the look of Reid in the first half, strong in the tackle, good on the ball and very vocal.

Second half was all us and thought Nee looked lively when he came on and Finnegan also controlled the midfield well when he came on. All took their goals very well and we could have had a couple more (Reid header and Adaramola lifting it over the bar).

Cashman is clearly a talented lad and put in some good runs and passes but did go missing at times.

Best player on the pitch for me though was there number 10 who looked a great little player but seemed miles ahead of his teammates and particularly the two big lumps they had up front.

Users who are viewing this thread