U18s v Arsenal at the Ricoh (1 Viewer)

dongonzalos

Players especially Addai looked distraught. Shame as he was brave enough to step up and take a pen and as a GK its a lottery when it comes to saving them!

Great £4 spent though!

Who is one to watch for the future?

wingy

Bit of Gamesmanship where we had the chance to clinch it I think.
There lad missed his then two of theirs broke ranks to go and console him, delayed our lad by about 20 seconds and he missed.
Lack of class by them at the end nearly saw it kick off.

ohitsaidwalker king power

Definite lack of class and needless goading by Arsenal at the end.

Agreed, was quite ugly, winning gracefully is a life skill as is losing with dignity, but they are young lads, their youthful exuberance got the better of them, that is all I think.
It was a thoroughly enjoyable evening, so very refreshing to see an honest game of football and at quite a standard, by both teams.
Well done to the Sky Blues, very proud of them, our clubs future looks rosier than I had thought.

wingy

Thought they all out a shift in but 3, 7 and 11 shone for me
Yeah all had good games.
No8 reminded me of that Samuelson on loan at Posh from West Ham, not as polished but a good size to make him strong enough when he bulks up.
Very comfortable on the ball and a good passing range on him, kept it simple but clever touches and kept it moving swiftly.

pusbccfc

Fair play to the boys. No one stood out massively, like what Maddison has done, but the team overall looked quite good. Arsenal were nothing special, for a a side like them you would expect a lot more.

Enjoyable night overall and a fantastic atmosphere considering.

In terms of the Arsenal players at the end, I am not too surprised, they were getting a lot of stick from the city fans.

SlowerThanPlatt

Number 3 was Chris Camwell who is a 1st year academy player, he's also a lifelong Coventry fan and described playing at the Ricoh as his dream.

Number 7 was Jak Hickman, he is also a 1st year academy player. He was released by West Brom last season and we signed him.

Number 8 was Tom Bayliss, who is another 1st year academy player. He is from Leicester and is the academy's second top goalscorer this season from midfield.

Number 11 was Jay Albini. He is a second year academy player (so by the end of the season he'll either be offered a professional contract like Maddison and co last season or be released).

The other second year academy players who played last night were: Corey Addai (GK), Darragh Leahy (CB), Jacob Whitmore (RB), Callum Maycock (CM), Jordan Shipley (CM) and Bassala Sambou (ST).

I think Leahy and Bayliss were the best players last night. Leahy recently played every minute for Ireland in the U17 Euros. He can play both CB and LB.

WestEndAgro

Yeah all had good games.
No8 reminded me of that Samuelson on loan at Posh from West Ham, not as polished but a good size to make him strong enough when he bulks up.
Very comfortable on the ball and a good passing range on him, kept it simple but clever touches and kept it moving swiftly.

What a player Samuelson looks absolute class, how on earth would anyone let a talent like that play under Westley?

Gazolba

Was Wenger there?

Winny the Bish

Just watched the highlights and have to say, I cannot blame the Arsenal players at all for cheering in front of the City fans.

Chants of "What the fucking hell was that!", "You're shit and you know you are", "you're fucking shit" and "Who are ya, who are ya!" during the penalties, directed at 16 & 17-year-olds.

No wonder they wanted to rub it in a bit!

Otis

Just watched the highlights and have to say, I cannot blame the Arsenal players at all for cheering in front of the City fans.

Chants of "What the fucking hell was that!", "You're shit and you know you are", "you're fucking shit" and "Who are ya, who are ya!" during the penalties, directed at 16 & 17-year-olds.

And that was coming just from Tony Mowbray!!

sw88

Chief Commentator!

Tbh, I didn't say at the time, although I'd typed it out (wimped out ha!!)

Some of the songs, especially given the family like environment, clearly lots of children present, were inappropriate. I get that you can get awaynwithnsinging songs in block 15, where it's up to parents if they take their kids there. However when you have no choice but to sit together you have to tailor your songs to the crowd.

Singing about Peadophiles (reference to Adam Johnson), in addition to the songs you mention I thought wasn't appropriate.

That said, one parent behind with her daughter appeared to laugh it off, so who would I as a non parent to raise issue with it when it didn't really offend me as such?

Last edited:

lifeskyblue

[

That said, one parent behind with her daughter appeared to laugh it off, so who would I as a non parent to raisenissuenwith it when it didn't really offend me as such?[/QUOTE]

I think as a non parent you have every right to be offended by such language. I'm surprised the stewards didn't step in. It's not a full blown professional game, it's not a game where you know where the bad language is likely to occur and take not acceptable in a game promoted as a family occasion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SBAndy

Singing about Peadophiles (reference to Adam Johnson), in addition to the songs you mention I thought wasn't appropriate.

Not least because he has absolutely nothing to do with our club. Cannot fathom why people sing songs like this.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
[

That said, one parent behind with her daughter appeared to laugh it off, so who would I as a non parent to raisenissuenwith it when it didn't really offend me as such?

I think as a non parent you have every right to be offended by such language. I'm surprised the stewards didn't step in. It's not a full blown professional game, it's not a game where you know where the bad language is likely to occur and take not acceptable in a game promoted as a family occasion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

But I wasn't offended. If I was present with kids I may have taken exception, more so for them rather than myself.

As for the stewards, there didn't seem many on. And two Female stewards were trying to control them as best they could; the first suggesting she was going to make the fans sit down, but caved in quite quickly; the second one appeared to adopt a different approach and decided to more so try and control the crowd that was gathering, allowing the standing to continue (which tbf no one was going to succeed getting the group to sit down, nor were they going to make a scene and take people out so they did what they could). Not once was their choice of song picked up though.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Not least because he has absolutely nothing to do with our club. Cannot fathom why people sing songs like this.

Think the word 'bandwagon' is relevant when it comes to Johnson. One club thinks of a song and others 'adopt' it, no matter that there is absolutely no relevance other than an opportunity to sing about some vile person and bring more attention to what he's admitted to doing.

stupot07

A couple of nice goals.

That pen was awful tho..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

jimmyhillsfanclub

Citys keeper had an interesting game.....

conceded a goal through his legs, but also stepped, hopped, jumped, skipped & danced up to take & score a pen in the shootout.

Users who are viewing this thread