U18/U21 Development Thread (3 Viewers)

shmmeee

Random question: contracts aren’t legally binding before 18 so what exactly do they sign? Is it their parents that actually sign?

SBchimp

They can’t walk away and join another club.
if a player walks out on a contract the club can retain their registration and prevent them from playing elsewhere, not without agreement and normally compensation paid

Tea & Busquets

Woah! how the fook have we managed to resurrect Pop Smoke and slot him into the rotation??

I would also like to add that these pictures for some reason remind me of mid 1900’s footballers pictures, Bobby Moore, etc.

All jokes aside best of luck to all the lads.

larry_david

Interesting today MR said they're looking to loan Drysdale out for a month to non league just to get some games before a league loan in Jan. Think that goes to show how poor u23 footy is.

chiefdave

Interesting today MR said they're looking to loan Drysdale out for a month to non league just to get some games before a league loan in Jan. Think that goes to show how poor u23 footy is.
Got a feeling they have a winter break. We loaned some players out in December last year for that reason but not sure if that was a different schedule due to covid.

SlowerThanPlatt

Yes, up to second in the league now and won their PL Cup group. Lost once in 13 games

Leeds will be tough, invested heavily into their setup and have some of the best players in the country. Hopefully Howley will drop down into his age group and Stretton is back from injury now too

Winny the Bish

Yes, up to second in the league now and won their PL Cup group. Lost once in 13 games

Leeds will be tough, invested heavily into their setup and have some of the best players in the country. Hopefully Howley will drop down into his age group and Stretton is back from injury now too
Saw on Facebook that Stretton’s 14yo brother made his U18s debut yesterday. Another talented sky blue family.

Blind-Faith

Reports of the Villa after another one of our youth team. Isaac Moore, granted I know nothing about him but getting fed up with all our best youth teamers being linked or sold.

Makes you wonder how we even managed to keep Maddison???

Winny the Bish

Reports of the Villa after another one of our youth team. Isaac Moore, granted I know nothing about him but getting fed up with all our best youth teamers being linked or sold.

Makes you wonder how we even managed to keep Maddison???
Did EPPP exist back then? That's probably how.

rexo87

Top of the table. Is this a good crop of 18's? If we dont sell them all to Villa that is!

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Terry Gibson's perm

Eight scouts there too, seven watching under 16s one the under 18s

It’s getting ridiculous now we are bringing these lads through and then teams are trying to steal them for a pittance. These youngsters should look at the players that have moved away and how well it has gone for them.

aloisiwouldhavescored

Our U-18s beaten at home 5-0 by Barnsley U18s yesterday. Barnsley have now moved to the top of the table. Couldn't find any details about who was in our team.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

This time of year I'd imagine they'd give the U18 a chance to step up as they'll be in the process of deciding who to take on. However, I'm not sure who the U18 RB is. I think Malakai Reeve was, but he's not featured so I guess he's either injured or moved on.

Wanda

Our U-18s beaten at home 5-0 by Barnsley U18s yesterday. Barnsley have now moved to the top of the table. Couldn't find any details about who was in our team.

The Team as a whole are punching above their weight. Regularly playing u16s and training with with sometimes less that 10 players. They have lots of injuries as well, the result was coming.

The 16s are very talented. One lad in particular I think we might struggle to keep.

Users who are viewing this thread