U18/U21 Development Thread (4 Viewers)

shmmeee

The Academy runs from u9 to u18. There are teams for each age group as far as Under 14's. After that it 15 & 16's play as an u16s team and the 17&18s play as u18's.
All age groups are part time, train in the evenings with occasion school release during the day.
Once in the u18s its a full time program training 4 days a week during the day just like the 23's and 1st team.

Surely the U18s have to be taking some kind of qualification as they’re not at school leaving age yet?

Philosorapter

A few questions about the u18's.

Is it one team?
How many people are on the course (I take this as the squad) at any one time?
Where do I find the league?

SlowerThanPlatt

Fionn O’Brien is an 18yo LB (I think) who was training with the Irish U19 squad this week. Assume that means he’s decent!

Believe it was an English based camp for Ireland to look at the options for the U19s as they haven’t been able to travel over recently. About 40 players attended so they’re casting the net wide. Good experience for both

O’Brien is an U18 and McGrath will be an U19 this coming season

Philosorapter

If you break down what's going on then it is basically a league of 18 teams split into two that play 75% of the total matches of a full double round-robin league of that size. There are some great variations in the number of games different teams have played at any point over the course of a season. The northern section looks much stronger than the southern section at the moment but still doing the numbers.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

9 U16s being given scholar contracts, some really good players amongst them who will no doubt follow in the Burroughs bros footsteps👍

Any idea when the press release on who they are will be released? Given the lack of signings at the mo it'd be nice just to have some new names. Or is it likely to be around the same time as the first team/development signings which I'm guessing will be 1st Jul when contracts start?

I'm assuming you're the same Sam that does the reports etc on the academy?

SkyBlueSam01

Photos were done at the CBS yesterday so press release will be in the next few days I imagine!

I don't like naming academy lads on here just because they're still kids and it doesn't feel right, but when the list comes out I'd be looking at SY, LM, TS, and BS.

I'm unaware of the Sam who does the reports but I'm fortunate enough to occasionally work for the Academy 🐘

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Photos were done at the CBS yesterday so press release will be in the next few days I imagine!

I don't like naming academy lads on here just because they're still kids and it doesn't feel right, but when the list comes out I'd be looking at SY, LM, TS, and BS.

I'm unaware of the Sam who does the reports but I'm fortunate enough to occasionally work for the Academy 🐘

Cheers. Think I have an idea who those initials might be.

covcity4life

TY

SlowerThanPlatt

23s pre season games:

Saturday 10th July - Leamington FC 1-3 Sky Blues

Saturday 17th July - Warrington Rylands vs Sky Blues - 3pm

Tuesday 20th July - Stratford Town vs Sky Blues - 7pm

Saturday 24th July - Coventry Sphinx vs Sky Blues - 3pm

Tuesday 27th July - Bedworth United vs Sky Blues - 7:30pm

Saturday 31st July - Gloucester City vs Sky Blues - 3pm

Tuesday 3rd August - Nuneaton Borough vs Sky Blues - 7:45pm

TwistAndShoutCCFC1987

23s pre season games:

Saturday 10th July - Leamington FC 1-3 Sky Blues

Saturday 17th July - Warrington Rylands vs Sky Blues - 3pm

Tuesday 20th July - Stratford Town vs Sky Blues - 7pm

Saturday 24th July - Coventry Sphinx vs Sky Blues - 3pm

Tuesday 27th July - Bedworth United vs Sky Blues - 7:30pm

Saturday 31st July - Gloucester City vs Sky Blues - 3pm

Tuesday 3rd August - Nuneaton Borough vs Sky Blues - 7:45pm
Will there be any First teamers at the Nuneaton game? I heard previously there would be but now it’s been announced as a ‘23’s game will there be any?

larry_david

Anyone know what's happened to that aiden finnigan? Signed from brum last year I think, haven't seen him in any u23 squad list since he signed. Injured?

larry_david

Reid and Tavares stepping up now according to Tisdale. Says Reid was shocked at the intensity of Championship training (sums up how shite the SPL actually is if he had 20 apps for his team).

Tavares sounds erratic but a runner, non stop and keeps plugging away, plus saw a few highlights end of last season, his pace and trickery is something we don't have. Could be a diamond in the rough.

The question is do we loan either of these two out? Tavares won't get near our first team this season, bit like Bapaga but will they learn more in 23s or playing L1/2?

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

If we don't bring in another LWB we can't afford to send Reid out on loan in case Maatsen gets injured or suspended.

Tavares may well be loaned out given our striking options.

Users who are viewing this thread