Match Thread U18 National Final against SUFC at Bramall Lane (7pm Wed) (1 Viewer)

SlowerThanPlatt

A huge game for the U18s and the Academy as a whole tomorrow as they travel to Bramall Lane for the National Final against Sheffield United. We beat Sheffield Wednesday 3-1 and Sheffield United beat Charlton 2-0 to set-up the tie. Both teams won their divisional titles so the double is up for grabs for both sides.

Believe Dan Smith is out which is a big blow. He brings a lot to the team and CCFC don't really have a natural replacement in a 4-2-3-1 so will be interesting to see what Jason Farndon does. Jak Hickman is also eligible for the final after being suspended for the semi and I guess he may play further forward with Smith being out which won't be a problem for him.

Skuza

Green
Ford
Thompson
Camwell

Bayliss
Eccles

Stedman
Finn
Hickman

Ponticelli

It's free entry and a 7pm kick-off for Sheffield based/local fans or perhaps fans from Cov/surrounding areas who want to go for the occasion. If you can't make it there will be coverage from the clubs Twitter account and also there will be radio commentary from a netural station.

@mark82 and @Joelly are you still planning on attending?

image.jpeg

vow

Was Bramall Lane picked as the Final Venue before the start of the season? As it seems a bit of an unfair advantage if it wasn't.

SlowerThanPlatt

I believe Dan Smith is out for around 6 months with a knee injury

That's a real shame. Also means he won't get the chance to trial for other clubs over the summer. Must be hard to take being told you're not being offered a professional contract and then getting a serious injury but I'm sure the club will do all they can to support him

SlowerThanPlatt

Was Bramall Lane picked as the Final Venue before the start of the season? As it seems a bit of an unfair advantage if it wasn't.

No, was chosen about 2 weeks ago because SUFC won the coin toss to decide home advantage. Ricoh was ready to use if CCFC won the coin toss. The pitch at Bramall Lane is better than the Ricoh anyway and as the lads like to pass it around probably will suit them better.

pastythegreat

These were my thoughts too!
I'm also a bit annoyed with it being mid week. Me and a few friends were planning on attending but as I'm on nights this week I've got no chance of getting there! I think both clubs would of been much better supported had they of arranged it for a Saturday or Sunday.

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

mark82

A huge game for the U18s and the Academy as a whole tomorrow as they travel to Bramall Lane for the National Final against Sheffield United. We beat Sheffield Wednesday 3-1 and Sheffield United beat Charlton 2-0 to set-up the tie. Both teams won their divisional titles so the double is up for grabs for both sides.

Believe Dan Smith is out which is a big blow. He brings a lot to the team and CCFC don't really have a natural replacement in a 4-2-3-1 so will be interesting to see what Jason Farndon does. Jak Hickman is also eligible for the final after being suspended for the semi and I guess he may play further forward with Smith being out which won't be a problem for him.

Skuza

Green
Ford
Thompson
Camwell

Bayliss
Eccles

Stedman
Finn
Hickman

Ponticelli

It's free entry and a 7pm kick-off for Sheffield based/local fans or perhaps fans from Cov/surrounding areas who want to go for the occasion. If you can't make it there will be coverage from the clubs Twitter account and also there will be radio commentary from a netural station.

@mark82 and @Joelly are you still planning on attending?

View attachment 7408

Unfortunately can't make it as have to work. I'm gutted as would be my first chance to see some of the kids I've heard so much about. Will be keeping tabs on here though.

Mcbean

Would be a great victory if they can do it as their fans were cocks over the first team game ! PUSB u 18s

wingy

Go on lads.
Do yourselves proud.
3-1 to us Bayliss, Camwell with a screamer and the obligatory Ponticelli finish.

Sky Blue Harry H

Cue Sheff Utd fans posting nasty things about CCFC on their website !!
Anyway, nice if one or two of these can help the first team over the next season or 3 (if we keep/don't sell them off)

Joelly

Started well but dropped quickly. Never really created anything.

First time I have ever seen the u18s but Hickman looked good, as did Bayliss. Ponticelli didnt really get a look in so cant rate him.

A lot more United there obviously, maybe it should have been played at neutral ground

Users who are viewing this thread