TYSON FURY - is he the real deal ??? (1 Viewer)

With a name like that and at 6' 9" and 18+ stone I would expect more from this fighter than he displayed last night against Neven Pakicat for the Commonwealth heavyweight title.

For all his formidable physical presence this guy gets knocked about too easy for me for him to be a genuine contender against either of the Klitchkows.

His opponent was 6'3" and looked like a rag doll next to TF.

Yet again he was nailed well and truly on the chin twice with the first hit decking him for a count of eight.

For a big guy he does not punch his weight (as with most past and present British heavies) and as a consequence these smaller fighters are clambering all over him.

No, for me the jury is still out on Mr TF and he needs to improve considerably to make real progress.

PUSB

junglej13

Resounding no! Disappointing the scouse lad David Price had to pull out of his fight with John McDermott. Price will knock out Fury inside 3 rounds!

Chipfat

He fights better when he is pissed off or hurt and im sure he was worried about his hands tonight until he worked out if he didnt start throwing the other guy was going to keep on top and maybe knock him out...Im not sure he is the real deal but he is worth watching... Eubanks lad has something about him supposed to be knocking George Groves around in sparring!!!!!!

Macca

back in the day when there were some real heavyweights around he wouldn't even be known and would be getting battered

sky_blue_up_north

He does not seem all there to me, has no chance if he meets a half decent opponent. Been caught out in his last two fights far to easy

LastGarrison

He fought like an amateur last night against a guy who only had one plan and that was to throw the big over hand right. All he had to do to negate it was circle anti clockwise and pump that jab out but he didn't and got caught.

However, in heavyweight terms he is still a youngster and he does appear to learn from each fight. He is exciting to watch but for me hasn't got the tools to be a world champion.

Gaz

At the minute TF just looks a very big strong but clumsy brawler.
I don't think he boxes well at all.
Still he is young and can only improve, but he needs to start improving soon because he wouldn't last 2 rounds with some of the other fighters out there until he works on his defence.

Disorganised1

His elbows are permanently further apart than a hooker's knees, and he keeps repeating patterns.

Long way to go, unless he's got a steel chin

ccfctommy

Well Saturday proved that he dosent have a steel chin.

Don't rate Fury at all. He thinks he can fight one of the brothers, he's in dreamland!

Users who are viewing this thread