Two Tone Kit Problems (1 Viewer)

robofcov

Just wondering if anybody else had issues with the Hummel logo and lettering coming off when shirt washed
Bought the shirt for my Grandsons birthday last Thursday , has been washed twice step daughter just send me photos and couple of letters missing and the logo come away, washing instructions were followed correctly

Skybluefaz

Just wondering if anybody else had issues with the Hummel logo and lettering coming off when shirt washed
Bought the shirt for my Grandsons birthday last Thursday , has been washed twice step daughter just send me photos and couple of letters missing and the logo come away, washing instructions were followed correctly
Personally no, my sons and mine have been fine

SAJ

No had mine since they were launched no problem whatsoever. Not sure how many times it has been washed but I wear it to every away match.

Mcbean

Still not worn ours - saving for a specials day ! Like when we are confirmed promoted !

TTG

Still not worn ours - saving for a specials day ! Like when we are confirmed promoted !
Mine's unlucky - or my home kit is lucky - I wore home kit every game this Season and we haven't lost - wore two tone kit when we played tranmere and rotherham, and shewsbury then never wore it when we played again

TTG

That’s quite impressive given it wasn’t launched till the Friday after the Rotherham game.
We played Rotherham after Tranmere?!

SAJ

We played Rotherham after Tranmere?!
You obviously have a different calendar to everybody else then. We played Rotherham on 5th Oct the kit was launched on Friday 11th November at Coombe Abbey and we played Tranmere on Sunday 13th October.

TTG

You obviously have a different calendar to everybody else then. We played Rotherham on 5th Oct the kit was launched on Friday 11th November at Coombe Abbey and we played Tranmere on Sunday 13th October.
Okay my mistake :p
God you sound like someone who complains to the manager in a restraunt because their food is 2 minutes late

Malaka

mine is still in the bag and staying there. It will be a precious family heirloom

jimmyhillsfanclub

My kids shirts have been worn & washed loads of times & they're still in tip-top condition.....although my youngest did decide to add a hand written number on the back... in biro.....kids eh!

Winny the Bish

Don't stick them in the dryer. My girlfriend did and some of the lettering has curled. Nearly dumped her for ruining my two-tone.

SAJ

Okay my mistake :p
God you sound like someone who complains to the manager in a restraunt because their food is 2 minutes late
So I become the villain for you embellishing the facts. Quite impressive.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Disappointed with mine, it's a large but is very tight especially round my waist

I ordered the home and away one. I'll give one to my dad. Ordered large in both and they are skin tight.

My body type is pretty hench on the top so it looks good there, but I do have a slight middle, not bad at all though, and that is highlighted 10 fold. Found the kits both stick to me a lot more than I thought.

Might have to exchange for a larger size on both if that is possible.

TTG

So I become the villain for you embellishing the facts. Quite impressive.
How about? Ah you must if forgotten! We played tranmere after Rotherham on the 13th

Or you could have just not mentioned it at all, it was just a light hearted comment! Didn't even matter if it was wrong!

Earlsdon-Loyal-Blue

I haven’t bought a replica shirt in a long, long time, my personal choice... but I had to buy this Two Tone effort - an absolutely stunning shirt with a fantastic cultural twist to the City. A classic shirt.
I’ve only worn it once and don’t plan to wear it every week to look after it and in the hope I’ll have it in the wardrobe for years to come.

As with any of my Italian/French polos or T-shirt’s that I’m keen to look after, I would always wash inside out on 30 degrees (or hand wash), never tumble dry and only dry on a line/airer. Some of the polos and shirts are even hand wash only.
Even if the tag says 40 degrees is okay, don’t.

Might be worth getting in touch with the club and asking for a swap but I dare say they’ll say you haven’t followed the wash instructions.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

I haven’t bought a replica shirt in a long, long time, my personal choice... but I had to buy this Two Tone effort - an absolutely stunning shirt with a fantastic cultural twist to the City. A classic shirt.
I’ve only worn it once and don’t plan to wear it every week to look after it and in the hope I’ll have it in the wardrobe for years to come.

As with any of my Italian/French polos or T-shirt’s that I’m keen to look after, I would always wash inside out on 30 degrees (or hand wash), never tumble dry and only dry on a line/airer. Some of the polos and shirts are even hand wash only.

Might be worth getting in touch with the club and asking for a swap but I dare say they’ll say you haven’t followed the wash instructions.

Earlsdon Loyal Blue is used to washing his high quality clobber ready for a match day.

'Donna, crack out the Aquascutum.'

giphy.gif

Terry_dactyl

Some sound laundry advice there. Now here’s a question for you, if you put it in the wash would you wash it with your whites?

the rumpo kid

Orders a two tone shirt and shorts Wednesday afternoon came this morning couldn't be happier with the kit and the service !

robofcov

Thanks for advice on washing front stepdaughter did follow instructions on washing, didnt tumble dry it, sent two email to shop contact address no reply
I cant just rock up to the shop (if its open ) with it as they live in Norwich.
Never mind he got 2 more shirts to go training with, Norwich one his dad bought him , Spurs one his uncle bought him they don't fall apart when washed

Earlsdon-Loyal-Blue

Thanks for advice on washing front stepdaughter did follow instructions on washing, didnt tumble dry it, sent two email to shop contact address no reply
I cant just rock up to the shop (if its open ) with it as they live in Norwich.
Never mind he got 2 more shirts to go training with, Norwich one his dad bought him , Spurs one his uncle bought him they don't fall apart when washed

No problem. It might be worth taking pictures and sending them to the club via Twitter @Coventry_City. If the sponsor and Hummel printing has come away on the first or second wash then the rest of the shirt should still look virtually brand new which supports that.

Last edited:

Earlsdon-Loyal-Blue

Some sound laundry advice there. Now here’s a question for you, if you put it in the wash would you wash it with your whites?

If it was me, I would wash the Two Tone top with some of your older whites - that aren’t your best whites. The Two Tone shirt is nylon so I don’t think the black can run from it but white nylon can de-colour. Also the Hummel tops are Zero H2O and I could be wrong but I think you need water to dye tops, so the two tone shirt is going to be a Nylon print.

PS. Bonus Tip: If you want to reduce fading to dark polos or shirts, always iron inside out

Terry_dactyl

If it was me, I would wash the Two Tone top with some of your older whites - that aren’t your best whites. The Two Tone shirt is nylon so I don’t think the black can run from it but white nylon can de-colour. Also the Hummel tops are Zero H2O and I could be wrong but I think you need water to dye tops, so the two tone shirt is going to be a Nylon print.

PS. Bonus Tip: If you want to reduce fading to dark polos or shirts, always iron inside out
Ok. I’ll remember that. Where do you stand on putting trainers in the wash? I’ve been told that if I do so I should put them in a pillow case first?
Also, should I leave my wife?

Users who are viewing this thread