Two Rotherham tickets (1 Viewer)

SkyblueSC

Hi all. If anyone knows of or has 2 tickets for the Rotherham game then give me a shout. In desperate need! PUSB!

tskezz

Has it really sold out? I assumed they were just waiting to put more seats up but it's been two days now. Wouldn't have thought we would have sold it out. Not saw anything from the club saying sold out either

SkyblueSC

I was surprised too. But does say sold out when you try and buy tickets. But yeah, the club haven’t announced it’s sold out on the website as such.

fernandopartridge

Reckon this season might turn out to be the highest average away following in our history? Not sure what it was like in the Jimmy Hill era but it's certainly better than any time I can remember including top flight years.

Legia Sky Blue

There were no official recordings of away attendances back in the 60's and not much segregation either, so estimates of away support from then is very difficult to guage. I wasn't around myself in the Hill and early top flight years, but I know the club ran organised trains to away games until about the mid 70's, and have read of support of up to 20,000 like at the game at Forest when we first went up in 1967. I also remember reading about a mass exodus of 20,000+ city fans to Villa when we first played them just before the war.

When I first went to away games myself in the early 80's, our away support was often pitiful, although for certain games it could be impressive. Our fans have always been ones for the occasional big day out and I remember the support at mid week leagure cup games at Watford and West Ham completely overshadowing the support we would take to more local league games at Birmingham or Villa back in those days.

As we came down the leagues in more recent seasons the decent away day out seems to have taken more hold with our fans, probably helped a little that there is also more likelihood of a result from those days we spent in the top flight.

Grendel

There were no official recordings of away attendances back in the 60's and not much segregation either, so estimates of away support from then is very difficult to guage. I wasn't around myself in the Hill and early top flight years, but I know the club ran organised trains to away games until about the mid 70's, and have read of support of up to 20,000 like at the game at Forest when we first went up in 1967. I also remember reading about a mass exodus of 20,000+ city fans to Villa when we first played them just before the war.

When I first went to away games myself in the early 80's, our away support was often pitiful, although for certain games it could be impressive. Our fans have always been ones for the occasional big day out and I remember the support at mid week leagure cup games at Watford and West Ham completely overshadowing the support we would take to more local league games at Birmingham or Villa back in those days.

As we came down the leagues in more recent seasons the decent away day out seems to have taken more hold with our fans, probably helped a little that there is also more likelihood of a result from those days we spent in the top flight.

i remember going to some grounds in the early 80’s and there were less than 100 fans in the away end.

greys4life

i remember going to some grounds in the early 80’s and there were less than 100 fans in the away end.
I remember going to grounds (Birmingham amongst others) where there was only 1 ladies toilet and no queue!

CV22SBA

I went to Everton once, late 80's and i reckon there were about 50 of us. Even early 90's i remember going to West Ham on a sunny Saturday and i only about 600 of us.

andy86

I went to Everton once, late 80's and i reckon there were about 50 of us. Even early 90's i remember going to West Ham on a sunny Saturday and i only about 600 of us.
Some of our away followings in the last seasons of the premier league were very small.

Went to West Ham the season before we got relegated (Keane, McAllister) and there can’t have been more that 300 City fans there. Lost 5-0..

Also Bradford away the next season we probably took around 500 on a freezing Saturday. Lost 2-1 after Aloisi put us 1-0 up

Sick Boy

Even during the mid 00s our average was probably around 800 and you’d always see the same old faces.

Johhny Blue

Reckon this season might turn out to be the highest average away following in our history? Not sure what it was like in the Jimmy Hill era but it's certainly better than any time I can remember including top flight years.
In the ‘60’s it took 4 hours to get anywhere outside the midlands

CJ_covblaze

Can think of a few low followings. Burnley and Swansea midweek. More recently at MK on a Saturday we only had a few hundred there.

Cov kid 55

I went to Leeds in early 1969, we were beaten 3-0 by the very strong Leeds team of that era. I was 13 at the time, and I went on a coach with a friend from school. There were about 50 Cov fans where we were standing in the ground, and around 20 minutes from the end, a load of Leeds fans came up behind the City fans. To a man (apart from me and my friend!) the City boys turned round with boots and fists flying, and sent the Leeds fans packing. They then melted away before Leeds came back mob handed. A brave lot of kids, one called Hatchet. Same happened at a midweek night match at Ipswich in early 1971, just a small support, but no fear.

wingy

I went to Leeds in early 1969, we were beaten 3-0 by the very strong Leeds team of that era. I was 13 at the time, and I went on a coach with a friend from school. There were about 50 Cov fans where we were standing in the ground, and around 20 minutes from the end, a load of Leeds fans came up behind the City fans. To a man (apart from me and my friend!) the City boys turned round with boots and fists flying, and sent the Leeds fans packing. They then melted away before Leeds came back mob handed. A brave lot of kids, one called Hatchet. Same happened at a midweek night match at Ipswich in early 1971, just a small support, but no fear.
I can recall that name .

Brylowes

We left Coventry in 1981 for the Suffolk coast when I was 12 y/o, I have to say that in my own experience of following City away I really don’t remember our numbers being as poor as people are saying on here.
I know it’s a Derby but I remember going to Villa Park in the late 70s with my dad, uncle and brother, we sat in what is now the Doug Ellis stand along with hundreds of other Cov fans scattered about, to our right was the pretty new North Stand behind the goal the lower terrace of which looked packed to bursting point with City fans.
Due to close proximity I haven’t missed a Cov game at either Norwich or Ipswich since 1981, our travelling support at these grounds ‘though never huge, I can’t really remember it being that terrible either.
Also between 1981 - 85 I used to go to Norwich fairly regularly with school mate’s and apart from Liverpool, Man Utd, Leeds, Everton, Newcastle, the big London clubs and Pompey our support was comparable with the rest.
I have also seen us at numerous other grounds up and down the Country over the years and I’ve been in amongst some fairly impressive followings and some pretty dismal ones as well 🤔 honestly think we are no better or worse than other comparable clubs.

fernandopartridge

We left Coventry in 1981 for the Suffolk coast when I was 12 y/o, I have to say that in my own experience of following City away I really don’t remember our numbers being as poor as people are saying on here.
I know it’s a Derby but I remember going to Villa Park in the late 70s with my dad, uncle and brother, we sat in what is now the Doug Ellis stand along with hundreds of other Cov fans scattered about, to our right was the pretty new North Stand behind the goal the lower terrace of which looked packed to bursting point with City fans.
Due to close proximity I haven’t missed a Cov game at either Norwich or Ipswich since 1981, our travelling support at these grounds ‘though never huge, I can’t really remember it being that terrible either.
Also between 1981 - 85 I used to go to Norwich fairly regularly with school mate’s and apart from Liverpool, Man Utd, Leeds, Everton, Newcastle, the big London clubs and Pompey our support was comparable with the rest.
I have also seen us at numerous other grounds up and down the Country over the years and I’ve been in amongst some fairly impressive followings and some pretty dismal ones as well 🤔 honestly think we are no better or worse than other comparable clubs.

Our average away following this season must be nearing the 2k mark this season. I saw one stat that showed we'd not had a single following yet under 1k

Brylowes

Our average away following this season must be nearing the 2k mark this season. I saw one stat that showed we'd not had a single following yet under 1k
Oh I agree it’s definitely better now, it’s just I can’t remember it being as pitiful as some we’re saying it used to be ‘tho admittedly I haven’t been everywhere and I’ve never gone regularly.
I think there was a turning point during the Sixfields season, folk who would no longer attend “home” match’s went away instead and liked it.

Users who are viewing this thread