Twist & Shout (1 Viewer)

Cv3cov

in middle of watching BBC 4: ultimate cover versions: Twist & Shout has been covered by loads of groups over the years, heard Colin Murray on Talksport this week saying its a Motherwell song! Ive always considered it our song from mid 90's and been quite proud it's ours. Am I wrong?

Cv3cov

I've loads of copies of T & S in attic, but never heard it sung by others!

oscillatewildly

in middle of watching BBC 4: ultimate cover versions: Twist & Shout has been covered by loads of groups over the years, heard Colin Murray on Talksport this week saying its a Motherwell song! Ive always considered it our song from mid 90's and been quite proud it's ours. Am I wrong?
Late '80's I recall it first being sung.

67tuck

Mid 80's I recall started by the 'Twister' also known as 'Mick the Sock'

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oldmangroom

I heard Southend fans singing it at Gillingham a few weeks back. Very strange hearing it sung by someone else!

oscillatewildly

It's plainly obvious, our 'baby' has been compromised. We need something new. Maybe trawl Pink Floyd's back catalogue? Lucifer Sam would get my vote.

jas365

Hate to break it to you but we nicked it off West Ham, they've been singing it since the early 80's. When we played them in the Cup a few years ago their whole away end was jumping to it before the game.

SlowerThanPlatt

West Ham do sing it but as a different tune. I think they go 'du du' in between.

I remember a 30 minute redention against WBA when we lost 5-0, in a 'we're shit but what can we do' plea.

hamil99

Facebook User
Its a bit like some Manc's calling themselves the Sky Blues...They can royally fuck off, just like people singing OUR song!

pusbccfc

West Ham sung it first but we have sung it more often. West Ham rarely sing it these days.

Since our video at Arsenal away went viral, a number of clubs have copied it.

No one will ever beat our version.

CJ_covblaze

Some Beatles fans have been asking that for years...

Now now lets not open that can of worms. Must say though it's surprising plausible when you look into it!

letsallsingtogether

Some Beatles fans have been asking that for years...
Why they were the third band to sing it was not their song
sung by The top notes in 1961 and The Isley Brothers in 1962.
The Beatles never recorded it until 1963.

oldmangroom

Why they were the third band to sing it was not their song
sung by The top notes in 1961 and The Isley Brothers in 1962.
The Beatles never recorded it until 1963.

The McCartney conspiracists would have a field day with this! Still, let's not get bogged down with who's an alien or not.

Users who are viewing this thread