TV Game (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Was just about the post this, I have never heard of a Sunday 7.45PM game. Is it bank holiday or something?

Grendel

Was just about the post this, I have never heard of a Sunday 7.45PM game. Is it bank holiday or something?

It says Saturday on the fixture list at 3

Nick

Administrator
Its just been announced by League One so I assume it's being moved.

A really random time though.

Grendel

Its just been announced by League One so I assume it's being moved.

A really random time though.

It’s international week so I doubt it’s being televised

Bertola

It’s international week so I doubt it’s being televised

Sky Sports usually show Leagues 1 and 2 during international weeks... as I've said before, the article on Skysports.com says it's on TV and a midday kick off, which fits in with their usual TV schedule during the international breaks

Nick

Administrator
Sky Sports usually show Leagues 1 and 2 during international weeks... as I've said before, the article on Skysports.com says it's on TV and a midday kick off, which fits in with their usual TV schedule during the international breaks

Yeah that makes more sense.

rob9872

You absolute dancer! I love you SKY tv :)
Got a wedding to go to on 12th and thought I was going to miss it!

theferret

Fuck sake. Match day ruined. Loads of kids play junior football on a Sunday morning so I can see the crowd being a shocker. Sunday midday is possibly the worst time for a match to kick-off.

BornSlippySkyBlue

Fuck sake. Match day ruined. Loads of kids play junior football on a Sunday morning so I can see the crowd being a shocker. Sunday midday is possibly the worst time for a match to kick-off.
My lad plays at 10 on a Sunday morning (in brum) so I’m hoping he can throw some clothes on in the back of the car and we should still make it.

Even 12.30pm would make life easier for many.

Sky Blue Harry H

More money for the club - plus we should beat them - they are likely strugglers this season imo.

Sky Blue Harry H

How much do we get for a televised game? If say the crowd is 3,000 would the TV money definitely cover our drop in attendance? I suspect there will not be much in it.

Not sure, but given that (imo) the match would have been circa 5,500-6,000 and the Sunday game in the region of 4,000 (I'll still go!) and some away support will go as a matter of 'duty'/new ground etc, I would think the club will still profit, overall. We wold probably have 'lost' more at The Ricoh in terms of actual numbers dropping. albeit the overall attendance would obviously have been higher.

Users who are viewing this thread