Turnstiles/Getting In (1 Viewer)

Saddlebrains

There would because they still need scanning.

A lot quicker than farting about with brightness on phones, origami, getting the right ticket scanned if you have more than 1 on your email etc

So it deffo is quicker scanning an ST

covcity4life

I got lucky. Turned up 1215 and in for 1235 so didn't miss the goal. But that's because a security guard opened up a door as extra turnstile and half my queue left for that .I stayed in queue and got to the front a lot faster

thekidfromstrettoncamp

Think we are part of the problem it's a bit like ladies going into a supermarket and coming to till only start searching in a packed hand bag to pay instead of having their card or cash ready and lord help you if your behind someone in a shop with store card(ie tesco club card) sods law they have that somewhere else in that handbag.I noticed yesterday people like myself with no phones only looking as they put the ticket in the scanner how they had to fold it.

Ashdown

No problems for us with paper tickets, although a guy in front could not get his ticket on his phone scanned for love nor money. Had to leave it and was heading for the ticket office at 12.10

Reactions: SBS

Johhny Blue

I got lucky. Turned up 1215 and in for 1235 so didn't miss the goal. But that's because a security guard opened up a door as extra turnstile and half my queue left for that .I stayed in queue and got to the front a lot faster
I remember getting lucky once and missed the whole first half.
True story it was a 3-0 win against middlesbrough

shmmeee

i was stood in the new "fan zone" thing until 12.15, was sat in my seat by 12.25, people need to start using all the turnstiles as well, why some have huge queues and others barely any is mental

What game was it with the ridiculous queues last season where the tannoy was constantly going “there’s empty turnstiles further down, please move” and literally no one would?

D

Deleted member 4232

Like it’s previously been said, it will be quicker once the ST cards are in the hands of the immortals that are ST holders.

It astounds me how people have trouble with the scanners though

I got to the ground at 1145, was a 10 minute queue and was in. I was wearing a backpack and did get semi stuck in the turnstile - panic set in very briefly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grendel

Grendel

I don’t think people realise you can use any turnstile not just the one stated on your ticket

I tried and it didn’t work when I have before

M&B Stand

You can’t legislate for people faffing, it’s like the airport security, you always get them, they get to the front and start fishing around for their laptop, finding bottles with liquids in and look all wide eyed when told by the staff.
I do feel like kicking people up the arse sometimes

Macca1987

We arrived early to massive queues. 4 turnstiles in front of us, 2 to the right ere moving fine as the people checking had the right idea, they stood about 10 feet from the turnstiles checking people there, so once checked a queue could form to get through the turnstiles. The 2 at our side fared worse, both guys stood right in front of the turnstile entrance checking people and then had to move out of the way to let people in. On top of that the turnstile next to us was not accepting phone scans, so people were coming back out and standing right at the front of our queue, this led to more congestion, plus the young lad decided to scan these people again even though they had just been scanned in the next queue. First game and I think it may take time to get up to speed with ways of working etc, what we have to remember that these lads are probably on minimum wage to handle massive crowds and certainly don't need any abuse

Sky Blue Pete

Mark Hornby replied to say the two areas specifically mentioned on here were gates identified in the after match debrief as being difficult
The club are hoping all gates have improved access with season tickets now being sent out (not got mine yet)
So a suck it and see I think
Any really bad issues v Sunderland please advise gate numbers so I can ensure club are aware

Users who are viewing this thread