Turnstiles/Getting In (1 Viewer)

SBAndy

Much been said about it? Seemed an absolute fucking shitshow and far worse than I’ve experienced before. Queued for 35 minutes and missed the first 5, but fortunately got in for the first goal.

Putting that down to the stewarding, the turnstiles, the supporters who don’t know how to scan a ticket, or a little bit of everything?

Flying Fokker

Much been said about it? Seemed an absolute fucking shitshow and far worse than I’ve experienced before. Queued for 35 minutes and missed the first 5, but fortunately got in for the first goal.

Putting that down to the stewarding, the turnstiles, the supporters who don’t know how to scan a ticket, or a little bit of everything?
It seems you were unlucky. Maybe start out 10 minutes earlier? . The club gave advance advice about getting there early. We arrived at 11:50 and there were queues 30 deep in some areas. It took 5 minutes to get in.

theferret

Last season they opened far more entry points, you could enter via the exit gates, not sure why they have stopped that. This, coupled with it taking longer for people to scan tickets was the reason I guess. Should be a one off.

pusbccfc

People love trying to get into the ground at 2.50pm/12:20pm. It's not League 2 anymore.

SBAndy

People love trying to get into the ground at 2.50pm/12:20pm. It's not League 2 anymore.

Got there half an hour before kick off. Don’t think it’s unreasonable to expect to get in before kick off in that instance. Though as FF says, it may well have just been at the queue/queues I was at.

shepardo01

Phones scan alright then? I printed mine off at the local library as I don't have a printer and paid 30p for the privilege...
No... One guy in front of me in the queue could not get it to scan (about 11:30). Instead of checking ticket and seeing if a handled scanner at an entrance door right next to turnstile (usually for disabled or those struggling in other ways, and much much quieter) could sort it, the operator got out of his booth and spent 5-10 mins at least trying to scan it over and over again, while the queue built up over the roadway and into the car-park. (Before making the decision to pass onto handheld scanner about 2 metres away)
No brains involved whatsoever.

theferret

Got there half an hour before kick off. Don’t think it’s unreasonable to expect to get in before kick off in that instance. Though as FF says, it may well have just been at the queue/queues I was at.

Was still loads outside 5 mins after game had started. A group of us arrived around 11.55 and went to different queues, some of us made it in, others didn't.

No issues last season. We had complete sell outs against Blues and Boro and no problems. I think it is fair to assume it would be ok today. We actually arrived earlier than usual. I can't recall the club making it known there would be fewer turnstiles than normal. Lesson learned and hopefully not a repeat.

hamertime

To be fair there should be instructions that’s they need to be folded. It would have took someone at the club 5 minutes to put a footer on the email and would have saved countless hours at the turnstiles.

When we got the Wembley tickets they had a fold line as they know what they are doing.

Governmac

To be fair there should be instructions that’s they need to be folded. It would have took someone at the club 5 minutes to put a footer on the email and would have saved countless hours at the turnstiles.

When we got the Wembley tickets they had a fold line as they know what they are doing.

A bit like this?

Attachments

• IMG_0898.png
    IMG_0898.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 115

hamertime

Yeah I can just remember having to fold
Each side in by guess at turnstiles. The wembley were landscape I think was very easy, folded in 3 like a leaflet.

Tommo1993

There doesn’t need to be instructions at all imo. They’re exactly the same machines that have been in place for a few years. If you’ve been before and decided to print off the ticket, you should have that very little thought process that you should print it so the barcode is at a scale right enough for it to fit in the slot. I say this because of the old clown in front who had a barcode that took up nearly half an A4. How he printed it like that is another wonder.

We knew it’d be carnage because of this ticket fiasco, if you still chose to wander to the ground at 12:15 and missed X amount of game, it’s on you 👍🏻

slowpoke

Was still loads outside 5 mins after game had started. A group of us arrived around 11.55 and went to different queues, some of us made it in, others didn't.

No issues last season. We had complete sell outs against Blues and Boro and no problems. I think it is fair to assume it would be ok today. We actually arrived earlier than usual. I can't recall the club making it known there would be fewer turnstiles than normal. Lesson learned and hopefully not a repeat.
Just got to get in the habit of getting there earlier, I have always been a bit of a last minute merchant. North stand you could get there almost at kick-off time and get straight in, was packed today and large queues.

chiefdave

If you print a4 and fold there it won’t fit. You need to fold it more. At least that’s what the ticket my dad printed out had today.
It's been like that as long as they've used print at home tickets. no idea why they can't sort it as it seems something that would be easy to do

shmmeee

It's been like that as long as they've used print at home tickets. no idea why they can't sort it as it seems something that would be easy to do

Must be a ticketmaster thing right? It’s this kind of thing, like there being placeholder text on the website that any hands on owner across the details should be getting sorted with a few pointed emails.

Dazmataz

Was a bit of a shambles today. Hopefully should all be sorted by the time we play Sunderland and everyone has their season ticket cards.

MTK

I was a bit nervous about using the phone but it was fine. Did queue for about 15 mins I’d say but we did arrive about 12. When 18k of us are just tapping tickets as usual it should be much quicker. The more of us there are, the more we are likely to have to queue I think. Gone are the days when you could rock up at ten to three and have three seats to yourself if you wanted

Captain_Slackbladder

It was an absolute mess. Took us 20 minutes to get in and missed the start. I don't live close to the ground so it is an early start at the best of times. The traffic was terrible ditto the parking situation. The stewards seemed clueless, the queue we were in barely moved for 15 minutes, they were lucky people didn't properly kick off. -there were still 1000s outside at 12:30

napolimp

Woman in front of me went into the turnstile and then spent about 3 minutes looking for the ticket on her phone. I just think a lot people find the ticket scanning overly complicated for some reason, and that's why it was so slow.

Users who are viewing this thread