Turning point today. (1 Viewer)

SkyBlueScottie

Why do people view an away trip as wasted money if we don't get the win, if you feel like that why are you going in the first place, stay at home or go to the pub, watching the scores come in...

Dont get me wrong, an away win while you are there is brilliant, but I dont see a defeat as a waste of money.

Reactions: vow

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

Why do people view an away trip as wasted money if we don't get the win, if you feel like that why are you going in the first place, stay at home or go to the pub, watching the scores come in...

Dont get me wrong, an away win while you are there is brillia, but I dont see a defeat as a wastewater of money.
its the manner of the defeat not necessarily the defeat itself

ajsccfc

Was it a lack of effort on Saturday, incompetence or a bit of both? I can put up with us just being useless as I'm past being used to it now.

covcity4life

Was it a lack of effort on Saturday, incompetence or a bit of both? I can put up with us just being useless as I'm past being used to it now.

dont think so. we just need to work on build up play.

only thing fans can get legitimately angry about is sideways passing in injury time.

Esoterica

dont think so. we just need to work on build up play.

only thing fans can get legitimately angry about is sideways passing in injury time.
Robins has got the tactics wrong and failed to address it in the last 3 league games despite seeing what an impact Andreu had in the middle being forced on him in the Shrewsbury cup game. I'm rapidly losing patience with him for that. He did so much right over the summer and is losing fan support now over what is such a simple change to make. If he sticks with Kelly and Doyle over Andreu again on Saturday, and we still fail to win, I'm making a banner.

steve82

For me and my view it was a combination of
1) On the players front for me was the tempo of play mostly and decision making especially when in good positions and the fact McNulty was having one of them days.

2) On MR it was his decision making during the game, maybe he could of had a better impact.

Back to McNulty I think he's just one of them strikers who gonna frustrate, he will have 6 chances a game and maybe take one, if he has 12 he will get 2 goals. But also he's not played a lot of football in the last few years. So given a good run it will come.

Esoterica

For me and my view it was a combination of
1) On the players front for me was the tempo of play mostly and decision making especially when in good positions and the fact McNulty was having one of them days.

2) On MR it was his decision making during the game, maybe he could of had a better impact.

Back to McNulty I think he's just one of them strikers who gonna frustrate, he will have 6 chances a game and maybe take one, if he has 12 he will get 2 goals. But also he's not played a lot of football in the last few years. So given a good run it will come.
It's harsh some of the criticism of McNulty going around, it's just the myopic people who were desperate for us to sign Collins feeling vindicated by a couple of near misses. I thought they were mostly positive signs from him on Saturday - that long range shot shows he's not lacking confidence, his 1 on 1 was not central and to even get there he had to control a fizzed Andreu pass and beat his man. What little we did create, he was there. Genuinely think it will come for him, especially if we get the tactics right - he's had 9 months without first team football and looks to be getting sharper each game.

letsallsingtogether

I for one left about 30 seconds from the end so never had time to applaud or boo the team.
I for one do not boo got to agree most are playing to their best ability not their fault they are not good enough.
Once we start winning on Saturday all will be forgoten.
I'm sure most of the players have been booed

SkyBlueScottie

But it felt like we had lost.
That is why I didn't stay around to clap them off, I was gutted they were there for the taking, and we didn't do it

Fair enough, people can react how they like to a result, I just dont get why people view it as a waste of money, its like a growing sense of entitlement where fans think they are owed if the team loses.

Nick

Administrator
not putting extra striker on for last 15 mins is bad i agree

no issue with doyle/kelly as a 2 though normally, everyone loved them after first 2 games of season after all

That was because Notts County and Grimsby weren't parking the bus as much.

If we are defending a lead then fine, if we are trying to break down teams it's pointless as the gap between them and strikers is shocking.

Reactions: vow

vow

No ones place should be guaranteed, you play shite for 2-3 games, you get dropped.

covcity4life

That was because Notts County and Grimsby weren't parking the bus as much.

If we are defending a lead then fine, if we are trying to break down teams it's pointless as the gap between them and strikers is shocking.

yeah tweaks are needed, we didnt make many chances vs county and grimsby either

althoguh not neccesarily has to be huge change. keep doyle/kelly together, have 1 of them push high ever so slightly and then have the number 10 drop back a little and create from there. we need them on the ball more, got to stop doing long balls and gifting possession away

steve82

It's harsh some of the criticism of McNulty going around, it's just the myopic people who were desperate for us to sign Collins feeling vindicated by a couple of near misses. I thought they were mostly positive signs from him on Saturday - that long range shot shows he's not lacking confidence, his 1 on 1 was not central and to even get there he had to control a fizzed Andreu pass and beat his man. What little we did create, he was there. Genuinely think it will come for him, especially if we get the tactics right - he's had 9 months without first team football and looks to be getting sharper each game.

I was in the Collins camp, he would of been a great addition as he would in any league two side. However he suits the style of L2 and gets goals, he's proven that.

However we opted not to go that route yet play like we did at times... especially with the the lump it from the back tactics from Jordan Willis, is Jordan waking round Ryton calling Marc McNulty James and wondering why he's blanking him?

Anyway we've got McNulty who's got that something for sure. He will undoubtedly score goals for us, but we have to support what we have.

If fans get behind the boo boys a little more it may help. I said in the summer a few wouldn't be given time. Didn't take long...

Users who are viewing this thread