Turn your back on SISU (1 Viewer)

jim20

I appreciate some fans want to support the team and therefore go to Northampton, however you could still protest, in the last 15 minutes of all "home" games, if the whole crowd turned their back on the game it would be another form of protest, especially when games are on tv, any thoughts?

Samo

So you think we should give SISU our money AND miss the game?

Johnnythespider

I appreciate some fans want to support the team and therefore go to Northampton, however you could still protest, in the last 15 minutes of all "home" games, if the whole crowd turned their back on the game it would be another form of protest, especially when games are on tv, any thoughts?

I think you need to realise that those that are attending don't really give a shit about sisu or what they are doing to the club, i very much doubt whether they have ever protested about anything in their lives. If they are not prepared to stay away from sixfields i don't think there is any chance they will turn there backs on the game, some of them have been on here telling us how they prefer it without the protests and boo boys in attendance. It is their right to attend of course, but whether they like to admit it or not they are sanctioning this move away from coventry by there attendance.

Nick

Administrator
I think you need to realise that those that are attending don't really give a shit about sisu or what they are doing to the club, i very much doubt whether they have ever protested about anything in their lives. If they are not prepared to stay away from sixfields i don't think there is any chance they will turn there backs on the game, some of them have been on here telling us how they prefer it without the protests and boo boys in attendance. It is their right to attend of course, but whether they like to admit it or not they are sanctioning this move away from coventry by there attendance.

So now it is a bad thing to have never protested in your life?

Johnnythespider

So now it is a bad thing to have never protested in your life?

It doesn't say that now, does it Nick. The point i was making is that there are those that will not protest about anything. Do i think that's a bad thing, well let's just say nothing was ever won without it.

jan87

jan87

Think what you like. I am going to Northampton as I just can't give up on watching my team play. I don't want to travel to sixfields. If that classes me as not a real supporter then so be it. I have travelled over 200 miles for each game at the Ricoh for 35 years even going to Carlisle last week over 600 miles. My emotions are all over the place but don't tell me I'm not a true supporter

Sky Blue Pete

Think what you like. I am going to Northampton as I just can't give up on watching my team play. I don't want to travel to sixfields. If that classes me as not a real supporter then so be it. I have travelled over 200 miles for each game at the Ricoh for 35 years even going to Carlisle last week over 600 miles. My emotions are all over the place but don't tell me I'm not a true supporter

To be fair you are also not supporting Coventry city

Johnnythespider

Erm i haven't. You do whatever you feel you need to mate. In fact all of those on here umming and ahhing should just go, but i won't, not because i think i'm a better fan than those that do, but because for me it's all about coventry playing in coventry, always has been always will be, not Northampton, not Leamington, Warwick or even feckin Beduth, but Coventry the home city of not surprisingly Coventry City. Now stop gettin your knickers in a twist.

Tommystours

If you want to go or cannot bear not to watch your team fair enough.just go , you do not have to justify it. Just like I do not have justify it to anyone for not going to Shitfields.not you , but some fans could feel guilty about going and give long and in their view justifiable reasons for going.On another forum ,which I for some reason have been locked out of ,they seem to be all pals together justifying why theyvare going and glad the boo boys on his site are not there and what comradery and a great atmosphere there is. What a load of Tosh.The fans that are not going are hurting like crazy, but we have made our decision and that's it.

jan87

Our owners have said they have enough funds to sustain playing in Northampton for at least 3 years, I don't think they are bothered if no-one turned up.

blueflint

i support coventry city not another team from northampton

jim20

So you think we should give SISU our money AND miss the game?

I don't give sisu any money but for those that want to support the team and go and watch the games yet still protest it might be a fair compromise

torchomatic

But there are a few who say "OK go to Sixfields, but do this or do that while you're there". Why should they? If they want to go then they go. Same as for those of us who don't want to.

There's a seriously bad attitude aimed at anyone who decides to go and watch Coventry City at Sixfields. Leave them alone and let them do what they want. The same as we are.

If you want to go or cannot bear not to watch your team fair enough.just go , you do not have to justify it. Just like I do not have justify it to anyone for not going to Shitfields.not you , but some fans could feel guilty about going and give long and in their view justifiable reasons for going.On another forum ,which I for some reason have been locked out of ,they seem to be all pals together justifying why theyvare going and glad the boo boys on his site are not there and what comradery and a great atmosphere there is. What a load of Tosh.The fans that are not going are hurting like crazy, but we have made our decision and that's it.

Nick

Administrator
I don't think anybody actually actively backs SISU. They don't think "I am going to go to give Tim Fisher and SISU a bit of support", they just go for the football.

NorthernWisdom

It's divisive nonsense like this, instead of trying to work with different groups, that stops protests being effective.

Johnnythespider

It's divisive nonsense like this, instead of trying to work with different groups, that stops protests being effective.
So which groups are you trying to work with?. Lets for arguments sake say we all go and pack out sixfields, do you not think this would be used by our owners as proof that we agree with them taking us there, it's not devicive to say this, whether you believe me or not I really don't have a problem with anybody that goes, doesn't mean I don't think they're wrong. I was outside the council house a few years back at a protest organised by my niece, there were about 100 of us there tops so you see I have protested about both sides in this, if you think me devicive it concerns me not one jot. Fwiw I think some of your posts a tad one sided.

Johnnythespider

I don't think anybody actually actively backs SISU. They don't think "I am going to go to give Tim Fisher and SISU a bit of support", they just go for the football.
Which is my point, I'm not saying they actively back sisu i'm saying they don't give a shit about them, one way or the other, or probably about any of our owners over the years they just go for the football, but in doing so whether they realise it or not the are sanctioning it. Let me say this as clearly as i can, i am not against those that go, i am against those that took us there.

Grendel

I always turned my back on games when thorn was in charge.

NorthernWisdom

So which groups are you trying to work with?. Lets for arguments sake say we all go and pack out sixfields, do you not think this would be used by our owners as proof that we agree with them taking us there, it's not devicive to say this, whether you believe me or not I really don't have a problem with anybody that goes, doesn't mean I don't think they're wrong. I was outside the council house a few years back at a protest organised by my niece, there were about 100 of us there tops so you see I have protested about both sides in this, if you think me devicive it concerns me not one jot. Fwiw I think some of your posts a tad one sided.

If you set up to exclude you divide.

Better to include.

And if that's one-sided then yes it is, I'd rather look for positive constructive efforts to involve everybody then decide to alienate and antagonise.

Or we can kleep sniping at each other *really* unconstructively, and cause the damage ourselves.

You're not sanctioning it by going, because there are ways of demonstrating you are not sanctioning it. Putting in boxes and compartmentalising so there are no other ways of saying it other than that however, does so. In fact, the people who say such things sanction such a move by positioning the discourse around a sanctioning of a move, as opposed to the very opposite.

quinn1971

Any other club and the fans would have been united in protest...we have one of the worst fanbases in the country considering the size of our city..and that will always be the problem...not enough fans care what happens to their club...we win a few games and the usual come crawling back as soon as they start losing they drift away again...if the same thing happened to leeds or cardiff or swansea the fans would all be together ....unfortunately sometimes you get the club you deserve and until more people care about their club nothing will change.

Johnnythespider

Any other club and the fans would have been united in protest...we have one of the worst fanbases in the country considering the size of our city..and that will always be the problem...not enough fans care what happens to their club...we win a few games and the usual come crawling back as soon as they start losing they drift away again...if the same thing happened to leeds or cardiff or swansea the fans would all be together ....unfortunately sometimes you get the club you deserve and until more people care about their club nothing will change.[/QUOTE

I agree with this, i think all of us on this site care about our club, yet we can't agree on how to get the club back in coventry, whatever the trust do there are people telling them they should be doing it differently, i have made it clear on a number of occasions that i have no problem with those attending sixfields, i've even suggested that those who are beating themselves up about not going should go, yet there are still those who see that as me being devisive becuase i think they are inadvertantly sanctioning the move and dare to say so. Let me say this, there is no way we will bring these groups together without debate and that involves people airing their different opinions.

ohitsaidwalker king power

Our owners have said they have enough funds to sustain playing in Northampton for at least 3 years, I don't think they are bothered if no-one turned up.

Your original reason for attending was 35 years etc....I share all of those emotions mine is a similar story...albeit I choose a different path.
This though is a very different set of criteria....I respectfully ask you to reconsider, sisu s investors will not fund this blindly for 3 years, not a chance.

Coventry in coventry

quinn1971

Any other club and the fans would have been united in protest...we have one of the worst fanbases in the country considering the size of our city..and that will always be the problem...not enough fans care what happens to their club...we win a few games and the usual come crawling back as soon as they start losing they drift away again...if the same thing happened to leeds or cardiff or swansea the fans would all be together ....unfortunately sometimes you get the club you deserve and until more people care about their club nothing will change.[/QUOTE

I agree with this, i think all of us on this site care about our club, yet we can't agree on how to get the club back in coventry, whatever the trust do there are people telling them they should be doing it differently, i have made it clear on a number of occasions that i have no problem with those attending sixfields, i've even suggested that those who are beating themselves up about not going should go, yet there are still those who see that as me being devisive becuase i think they are inadvertantly sanctioning the move and dare to say so. Let me say this, there is no way we will bring these groups together without debate and that involves people airing their different opinions.
Exactly the point.We need to get our club back in our city and if you like it or not there is only two ways that can happen ,the club own the ricoh or they build a new ground outside coventry.I know which option I would want.ok so we'd have owners that we didn't want, so do most clubs.once sisu have what they want they'd sell up and go ( this doesn't mean giving into sisu) it's protecting our club.Its been sisu's plan from the start, why doesn't someone help them on their way . Unfortunately it's all down to acl . There is a deal to be done to benefit both sides it's up to both sides to make it happen

Samo

Any other club and the fans would have been united in protest...we have one of the worst fanbases in the country considering the size of our city..and that will always be the problem...not enough fans care what happens to their club...we win a few games and the usual come crawling back as soon as they start losing they drift away again...if the same thing happened to leeds or cardiff or swansea the fans would all be together ....unfortunately sometimes you get the club you deserve and until more people care about their club nothing will change.

Utter bollocks!

Sky Blue Ian

What I just cannot get my head round is those that say NOPM to SUSU. But publicise what's going on at the Ricoh and encourage people to go there instead ( last time the legends game this week CCLFC). Surely putting money in ACLs pockets is equally bad. Or do you genuinely think they are blameless in this whole sorry episode

Astute

What I just cannot get my head round is those that say NOPM to SUSU. But publicise what's going on at the Ricoh and encourage people to go there instead ( last time the legends game this week CCLFC). Surely putting money in ACLs pockets is equally bad. Or do you genuinely think they are blameless in this whole sorry episode

What money have we given to ACL?

We need to keep the Ricoh in the spotlight. We are yesterdays news if we do nothing. Division 3 clubs are not noticed much. Who noticed the Div 3 clubs when we were in the Prem? Or should we all sit back and let everyone do what they think they should without ant pressure from us? Would we have a football club if we did?

Users who are viewing this thread