Tuesday signings (1 Viewer)

Shakeitup

Yes 8th is a good season. Sad I know but it is. We haven't finished top 10 for how many years? And where did we finish the season before?

Look I know you're concerned and so am I but judge more after a few results and end of August IMO. Then we will know a lot more.

I know it's the "highest league position" in however long. Technically this may be correct. However, we've been in higher leagues for so long. I'd take 15th in the Prem or Championship over 8th in League One any day.

I'm not saying we have a God given right to be in a higher league, God forbid we sound like the Scousers! But we have been sold this idea that finishing 8th was an achievement and now we believe that last season was positive. It wasn't!

robbiekeane

no we are not

2 cb
1 cm
1 striker

are urgent. 1 rwb would be nice too

so we are looking at 4-5 to come in not 6-7
Exactly. And even then (as much as I would feel a lot more confident with a proven goalscorer/young premier league loanee up front, we don't actually know if Sordell and K.Thomas when he's fit, will do the business.

stevefloyd

Depending on what available budget is left I would think TM doesn't want to rush into reckless signings ie Ramage/Hunt etc.. and save some kitty to see what business he can do come January and try to arrest the slump that cost us so dear last January/Feb/March etc etc... makes more sense if we stop panicking and think about it ....ohh shit you're right Tony WHERES THE SIGNINGS !!!

stevefloyd

I know it's the "highest league position" in however long. Technically this may be correct. However, we've been in higher leagues for so long. I'd take 15th in the Prem or Championship over 8th in League One any day.

I'm not saying we have a God given right to be in a higher league, God forbid we sound like the Scousers! But we have been sold this idea that finishing 8th was an achievement and now we believe that last season was positive. It wasn't!
Considering our position very carefully...we are not in any league but league 1... it is our best league position for many a year and if it improves this year we may stand some sort of a chance in getting to the leagues you allude to !!

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

To summarise this merry-go round, and lay everything out clearly:

1) The team at the moment is no where near good enough
2) The team is weaker than this time last year
3) We will bring in more players, which will mostly be good
4) We do however need between 5 and 7 of them
5) This time next month, all will be good squad wise, it's just a little bit concerning and annoying now

stevefloyd

Ever heard anyone mention,,, Not an easy job slowly slowly catch the monkey... I am just playing devils advocate here..I want us to sign top championship players BUT they must be the right players that want to play for us.... I am sure TM has his agenda and if a player doesn't want to come here for money or whatever his reasons are surely its better to not bring them into the club just to appease the fans saying ...sign him sign him

Yorkshire SB

We're fortunate the the division is awful, and therefore if we can sort out the defence, and sign a couple of talented attacking young PL loans then we have a very good chance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

robbiekeane

To summarise this merry-go round, and lay everything out clearly:

1) The team at the moment is no where near good enough
We actually have no idea how good this team is relative to others in this league. We were crap in all of our pre season friendlies last year and then got off to a flyer against expectations. Until we play a few games we just don't know.
2) The team is weaker than this time last year
We have no way of knowing that until we start playing, as above. However, not an unrealistic assumption.
3) We will bring in more players, which will mostly be good
Agree. The good thing is that given we haven't made loads of signings, we should have the majority of the budget left. I imagine TM and MV are working night and day on deals.
4) We do however need between 5 and 7 of them
Probably the lower end of that...4 to 5, depending on how the current younger players perform i reckon.
5) This time next month, all will be good squad wise, it's just a little bit concerning and annoying now
Completely agree. People need to relax with all the panic

Colin Steins Smile

We currently have a manager that has a clear vision for the way forward for CCFC. Unfortunately, he's not got the resources to secure the players he initially wanted. By bringing in players at the end of last season he's been the first manager in years to be trying to plan ahead. He must be very frustrated by not getting deals across a line, but I really hope that if the results don't go well at the start of the season we do not start moaning and calling for his sacking. I feel this is a manager who [with the right backing] can get us out of this league.

Nick

Administrator
We currently have a manager that has a clear vision for the way forward for CCFC. Unfortunately, he's not got the resources to secure the players he initially wanted. By bringing in players at the end of last season he's been the first manager in years to be trying to plan ahead. He must be very frustrated by not getting deals across a line, but I really hope that if the results don't go well at the start of the season we do not start moaning and calling for his sacking. I feel this is a manager who [with the right backing] can get us out of this league.

What do you mean by the resources to secure the players he wanted? Surely a manager has to work within their means?

It is like saying we wanted Messi but didn't have the resources :) Also not putting all eggs into one basket in case 1 falls through, need 2nd and 3rd choices.

covcity4life

What do you mean by the resources to secure the players he wanted? Surely a manager has to work within their means?

It is like saying we wanted Messi but didn't have the resources :) Also not putting all eggs into one basket in case 1 falls through, need 2nd and 3rd choices.

its the same on twitter

every player not signed is down to sisu apparently.

Brylowes

The loan market 'hopefully" will be our salvation, but we need to make them season long loans,
All the 'will he won't he" speculation around Armstrong last season did neither he nor the team
Any favours. IMO

SkyBlueCRJ

I'm not particularly worried. The only thing I find mildly annoying is the fact that we will probably have to sacrifice a few points in August due to the squad not being fully up to scratch. Unfortunately we've been slightly unlucky with our transfer targets this year with a number of potential signings moving on to other clubs for whatever reason. This is no fault of TM or Coventry City, it's football unfortunately. Doesn't matter if your team is in League One or the Premier League. Clubs will always miss out on potential targets. Look at Arsenal, its an annual problem for them season after season due to their obsession with running a continued sustainable business model. I have complete faith that TM will bring in a good crop of players by the end of the transfer window. 3 loans and 2-3 permanent will do just fine

Shakeitup

Considering our position very carefully...we are not in any league but league 1... it is our best league position for many a year and if it improves this year we may stand some sort of a chance in getting to the leagues you allude to !!

Totally agree. We all want to get back there. However, it's now pretty alarming that the manager has none of his targets (especially defensive ones) signed up. The lack of ability to get enough deals done (I know we have signed Reid, Sordell etc.) is pretty worrying. I don't know if the problem with with the scouring and management or the owners, but something isn't right!

CCFC88

We are not the only team in this position though, in a league that relies heavily on loans and very few loan deals being completed yet, I would suspect only 5 or 6 teams would have a squad they expect to get to January with come 3pm on Saturday.

Of the team that started against Wigan first game last season there were only 5 players who started 30 games for us all season, we beat them comprehensively, they were still a work in progress at that point, as were Millwall who we hammered a week later, as Swindon will be on Saturday.

georgehudson

i was talking through the CCFC situation this morning with 3 other city fans & the concensus of opinion was,
we have a great deal of faith in TM & MV,
we recognise that we have a competitive budget for this league,
we accept that players will move for the dollar,
however, are there further constraints on our spending that fans know nothing about, that hinders CCFC recruiting,
PUSB

Nick

Administrator
i was talking through the CCFC situation this morning with 3 other city fans & the concensus of opinion was,
we have a great deal of faith in TM & MV,
we recognise that we have a competitive budget for this league,
we accept that players will move for the dollar,
however, are there further constraints on our spending that fans know nothing about, that hinders CCFC recruiting,
PUSB

Does the constraints of spending not contradict a competitive budget?

shy_tall_knight

Whilst I recognise and appreciate financial prudence and the need to work to a budget that we can afford, I was hoping that the madders money would have delivered more pre-season quality signings. Still angers me that SISU who are responsible for the budget have after nearly 9 years of ownership created a mid-table division 3 team. Although promotion is possible I don't expect it. If we finish 7th shall we get the open-top bus out of the transport museum as its an improvement on the previous season.

stevefloyd

Speculate to accumulate is the name of the game Sisu won't do much speculating so we as fans have to accumulate more fans to join us in watching the team that drives us crazy but ultimately sits in a place in our hearts, hopefully investors will see we have a big amount of followers and decide to oust our esteemed present owners to attend the cutting of their hedges

dongonzalos

I am still shocked at the Vince move will less than 100k really help us that much?
Would have loved to see Vince winning the ball and passing it to Vlad to ping around.
A tad worrying for me that TM felt he needed those wages and that money that badly.
I hope it wasn't to pay Wilson the wages he may have wanted
Vince could have even done a job at CB until we signed one

Kingokings204

sisu are going nowhere

I guess that's the problem though. Whilst they are here we will never progress. That's my issue. It's very depressing.

Only problem is I agree with the view is they are going no where as there is no where to go. No buyers and no assets. We are stuck.

dongonzalos

It isn't a competitive budget then is it?

Don't think we will know if we had a competitive budget or not till the window closes
A lot can happen over the next few weeks
It's strange the window should should the day before the season starts

Users who are viewing this thread