Tuesday signings (1 Viewer)

AFCCOVENTRY

Looking forward to more new signings tomorrow...

Transfer Tuesday....

higgs

Bring back kieran crowley he used announce signings since he left we can't even field a defence

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Skybluenutterman

Incredible that we are now days away from the start of the season and we all know that we are 6/7 men short of a team that can compete unless we play Nuneaton every week. Even TM sounds pissed off with it all now. We must have missed out on most of our targets this summer and now on plan Z

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shakeitup

I'm pretty sure even the ones signed (this season and the back end of last season) are also gutted. They were probably sold on some of the great signings MV and TM had in mind! Little did they know that when it comes to "getting them over the line", we are as effective as Robbie Fowler getting over the line!

D

Deleted member 2477

Perhaps we are waiting for orange wednesday to get two for one.

Joking apart its pretty obvious that we are now desperate and dont have a pot to piss in when it comes to competing with other clubs on wages etc.
Its not the fact playes arnt out there fo us but the fact that when it comes to putting our cards on the table tm is playing with monopoly money

Warwickhunt

Perhaps we are waiting for orange wednesday to get two for one.

Joking apart its pretty obvious that we are now desperate and dont have a pot to piss in when it comes to competing with other clubs on wages etc.
Its not the fact playes arnt out there fo us but the fact that when it comes to putting our cards on the table tm is playing with monopoly money
We are now fighting to sign the best of the crap that is left wondering about like nomads in the lower league wilderness I.e Rammage etc

Otis

We are now fighting to sign the best of the crap that is left wondering about like nomads in the lower league wilderness I.e Rammage etc
Or, very talented young Premier League team players who have not been granted their loan moves yet!

Who is to say we won't get another Murphy and Armstrong.

It may have to be loans, but as long as they are quality loans I think we can be quite optimistic.

Skybluenutterman

What's going to change to get us out of this fooking league? Each year all the other teams even those which come up get stronger. Burton. Oxford this year? We just get weaker and weaker.

Otis

What's going to change to get us out of this fooking league? Each year all the other teams even those which come up get stronger. Burton. Oxford this year? We just get weaker and weaker.

We get weaker and weaker?

Didn't we finish 8th last season?

How is that weaker and weaker? We improved dramatically last time out.

Skybluenutterman

How many players have we sold/got rid of since the end of late season and how many players have we attracted for this season? 3. Woooopee

Otis

How many players have we sold/got rid of since the end of late season and how many players have we attracted for this season? 3. Woooopee

And the season hasn't started yet.

Fact is, last season was the best season in terms of finishing place in a league for many years.

That certainly doesn't point to us becoming weaker and weaker.

I am convinced more players will be though the door very soon. May have to be loans, but if they can improve the side then we might be in for another good season.

Skybluenutterman

So finishing 8th is a good season? That's not the point. We've let all the best players go. Can't keep any. Can't attract any if other clubs show an interest. We have our fist game Sat and none of the team will have played together. Who is going to play in defence and keep a clean sheet for us

Kingokings204

Look, I'm as annoyed and frustrated as everyone. It does look bad at the moment but we haven't even kicked a competitive ball yet.

We all know TM gets offered around 10 players a day to quote him but as he says are they any good? Probably not. There are loads of players out there but are they any good and going to play? Look at reda Johnson clearly good enough for the championship but no one wants him because he can't play more than 15 games a season.

Now the premier league starts and their 25 man squads are announced soon I believe then that's when we will pick up a couple of armstrongs. Hopefully. It was the same last year. Clubs only let them go when they want to and we will be top of the list after last years success.

Overall let's judge on two things. One is results as this is what we care about and 2 is end of August when the window shuts. We have no loan players I don't believe so we can fill them. Plenty of spare budget left clearly kept for a reason so whilst I accept the panic going on I would be more panicked of we went out and signed Peter ramage type of players today just to fill the numbers.

Work is going on behind the scenes and 3 new players say 1 CB 1cm and a goal scorer then things will instantly improve.

Kingokings204

So finishing 8th is a good season? That's not the point. We've let all the best players go. Can't keep any. Can't attract any if other clubs show an interest. We have our fist game Sat and none of the team will have played together. Who is going to play in defence and keep a clean sheet for us

Yes 8th is a good season. Sad I know but it is. We haven't finished top 10 for how many years? And where did we finish the season before?

Look I know you're concerned and so am I but judge more after a few results and end of August IMO. Then we will know a lot more.

christonabike

Cheer up everyone! When Wasps finally have enough of Sisu and their antics (re: taking the council to court, stopping Wasps new training centre) and tell us to fook off out of the Ricoh in a few years time we will be ground sharing with Nuneaton and we will have no budget at all.:wideyed: Make the most of it while you can.

robbiekeane

Jones, Gadzhev, Mccann, Sordell, Reid.

Isn't that 5? Or does that not fit with your little story of gloom because two of them were technically at the end of last season?

How are we getting weaker? As Otis pointed out, we just finished 8th. Is that a good finish? Yes, it's our highest league position in about 10 years, since 2005/2006 in the championship where we also finished 8th. Before that, it was in 1988/1989 where we finished 7th. I wasn't even born then.
It's not where we want to be admittedly, and we definitely fell off dramatically after christmas. But can't you find some legitimate shit to moan about if you insist on moaning, instead of making up crap? There's so much to go at honestly...

Cov finishes.png

As for Marcusp...nothing is clear at all so why pretend it is...Mowbray would have walked if his original deal wasn't stuck to, which was regarding having a clear budget that he was in complete control of.

Nick

Administrator
Cheer up everyone! When Wasps finally have enough of Sisu and their antics (re: taking the council to court, stopping Wasps new training centre) and tell us to fook off out of the Ricoh in a few years time we will be ground sharing with Nuneaton and we will have no budget at all.:wideyed: Make the most of it while you can.

giphy.gif

Skybluenutterman

I'm not moaning per say; just concerned as we all are and I'm not making anything up; its fact that we currently have no team to compete. If we can pick up another Armstrong or Murphy then great. Come what may, I'll still be there ever bloody week shouting them on! #PUSB

theferret

None of the team will have played together?

We have lost out to other clubs, but they are mainly Championship clubs who are able to pay far higher wages. Perhaps we have aimed too high? People would probably still moan if we brought in some L2 journeymen.

I look around L1 and see Sheff Utd. and Bradford as the two clubs that stand out in terms of the players they have drafted in. But then they averaged 19K and 16K respectively last season against our 12K, and they both have far bigger resources. Are people surprised?

Nick

Administrator
Jones signed full time after the season.

Gadzev was pretty much a signing ready for this season wasn't he?

We were always going to lose out on some championship quality players paying league 1 wages. Would rather Mowbray got the right players in from the start instead of doing what he did midway through last season by getting in 'names' such as Hunt/Henderson. I wonder how many 1st choice targets he's missed out on. Turner and Wilson seem definite.

Think Bradford will be the ones to beat this season. Although Parkinson gone, I think they have a lot more stability than Sheff Utd. Wilder will either be a massive success or he won't last 10 games with the new owners. He's not managed at this level before and I'm guessing the higher up the leagues you go it's not just about tactics but it's ego you have to deal with too (Clarke anyone??)

robbiekeane

"technically" ?

Jones and Gadzhev both signed in March 16, that was last season ?
Jones didn't sign a permanent contract until this summer.
Gadzhev...to be honest I genuinely didn't think it was as early as March, but fair enough. You can agree this was a signing for this season though no? It's definitely how i recieved it at the time.

ccfcway

Jones signed full time after the season.

Gadzev was pretty much a signing ready for this season wasn't he?

they were both in the squad, playing last season. It doesn't really matter if we say we have signed 3, 5 or throw in Tudgay and Ricketts and say 7, as they both played last season as well and signed in the summer. The one positive is this bunch of players will have spent more time together than many ccfc squads in recent history.

Pipehitterz

Didn't we start the season in not a dissimilar position last year.
We got a few loans in after the first couple of games , and we didn't do too badly against the champions with what we had then.
Granted we need defenders , even tho we can field a defence saturday with what we have so I'm not too worried there.
MY worry is we haven't got that 'starlet ' or a 'real ' goal scorer yet.
This league tells us , either be boring like burton or score goals , and we can't play like burton for sure
I still expect 4 loan signings after the season starts , and possibly one or 2 Free transfers over the next 7 days

covboy1987

People have to stay positive and believe in TM - The facts speak for itself we had a cracking 1st part of last season but had a poor second half as majority of the teams in the division found us out particularly AA - We need numbers agreed, but we can put out a very competitive team starting Saturday two fast wingers that can cross and we have a couple of centre forwards that can find the net - over the first few games TM will add to the numbers

Pipehitterz

People have to stay positive and believe in TM - The facts speak for itself we had a cracking 1st part of last season but had a poor second half as majority of the teams in the division found us out particularly AA - We need numbers agreed, but we can put out a very competitive team starting Saturday two fast wingers that can cross and we have a couple of centre forwards that can find the net - over the first few games TM will add to the numbers
Definitely looking very very good through midfield and on the Wing for sure, and maybe I'm being slightly disrespectful to the forwards we have, those wingers will scare any league one defence into doubling up , allowing the forwards more space to do their thing.
Armstrong would be perfect with these wingers , knowing he's not yet been snapped up fills me with some hope

stupot07

To be fair despite making a few appearances towards thr end of last season, both Jones and Ghadzev were signed with a view for this season.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Skybluefaz

I'm not moaning per say; just concerned as we all are and I'm not making anything up; its fact that we currently have no team to compete. If we can pick up another Armstrong or Murphy then great. Come what may, I'll still be there ever bloody week shouting them on! #PUSB

It's anything but fact. The season hasn't started yet.

covcity4life

Incredible that we are now days away from the start of the season and we all know that we are 6/7 men short of a team that can compete unless we play Nuneaton every week. Even TM sounds pissed off with it all now. We must have missed out on most of our targets this summer and now on plan Z

no we are not

2 cb
1 cm
1 striker

are urgent. 1 rwb would be nice too

so we are looking at 4-5 to come in not 6-7

Users who are viewing this thread